• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:30:40 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPBikes uphill downhill strange thing

Started by janaucarre, February 22, 2016, 04:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 22, 2016, 07:36:39 PM
I've never seen it as bad as in the video above. It kinda looks worse than in the past.
That's the exact same thing we were talking about in beta4, beta5 and beta6... I am glad everyone at least now acklowledges it is there. In beta8, it seems to be a tad bit better (at least for small degrees of slope). It becomes particularly bad with big lean angles in highly-sloped corners. First thing I did with beta8, took the bike out on a tour on Laguna Seca - and was sort of disappointed that the wrong alignment of the bike is still there... but on the plus side, I have to say it handles better and the problem seems to be less pronounced for smaller lean angles (whereas in previous betas in was already very visible on small lean angles, at least for me).

Quote from: Hawk on February 24, 2016, 09:55:55 AM
Yeah, it's as if there is only one simulated point of contact(rear tyre) and the whole bike is pivoting at that contact point which is giving the feeling that the front end is being dragged to position on track instead of naturally tracking itself? Just a thought.  :-\
That is a very good point. Something of that nature could very well be the problem. For sure, simulating a two wheeled vehicle with a flexible steering wheel in front through various degrees of lean, various degrees of slope (differing for the two wheels at certain points during the slope), differing cross-sectional width etc etc - that is not a lowbrow simulation. But THIS just HAS to simulated plausibly. It is the essence of a bike simulation, to simulate how the two wheels interact with the ground and make turning possible. With zero percent slope it already looks fine. But there has to be something wrong in the calulation, if running through slopes makes it look so weird. Strangest thing is, it should not be physically possible. So there are other questions arising: Are the front and rear wheel simulated indendently or is there only one virtual contact point? Why is this physically strange thing even happening? Is this connected to the feeling (which some, including myself, are reporting) that the tyre grip seems to be too much? It would be very much appreciated if Piboso could give a short notice on whether he is a) aware of the issue and b) whether he has a clue what might cause it?

On the other hand: Even with the problem still not solved, I would still recommend to leave the physics as they are now (at least the riding feels ok) and highly prioritize fixing the netcode stability issues.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

dareaper46

Just one quick question. Is MXBikes built from the same physics engine as GPBikes. Reason why I am asking is.

Watch this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBwnD77F9m8

Tell me what you guys see @ 1:02 when the bike goes downhill.

Warlock

Quote from: dareaper46 on February 25, 2016, 07:46:42 PM
Tell me what you guys see @ 1:02 when the bike goes downhill.

Exactly the same  8)