• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:22:44 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[BIKE] Suzuki GSVR

Started by Juju, January 19, 2014, 01:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on January 23, 2014, 12:49:02 PM
fyi, it`s not ripping when the game is open for modding...
The files are unencrypted and usable for anyone to do as they please...
That's extremely arguable and I'm almost sure it's not the case: I doubt very much that you can take material from game X to do stuff in game Y, even if game X is "open for modding".
"Open for modding" may mean that you can reuse the creative content IN the game, but not outside it and for sure not for a (competitor's) game.

If the content has been created by a user (and not by the company that has created game X) then you'll have to ask permission to that user (or to read his license terms, if he's taken the time to write them).

I know, life sucks ...

MaX.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: iVolution on January 24, 2014, 12:11:55 AM
Quote from: HornetMaX on January 23, 2014, 07:54:16 PM
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=432.msg3135#msg3135

MaX.
Why does life have to be so complicated ? :o ;D

;) it really isn't that complicated once you have digged into it.... also, making a spreadsheet as MaX proposed, helps a lot understanding the dependencies...
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 24, 2014, 10:34:26 AM
Quote from: JamoZ on January 23, 2014, 12:49:02 PM
fyi, it`s not ripping when the game is open for modding...
The files are unencrypted and usable for anyone to do as they please...
That's extremely arguable and I'm almost sure it's not the case: I doubt very much that you can take material from game X to do stuff in game Y, even if game X is "open for modding".
"Open for modding" may mean that you can reuse the creative content IN the game, but not outside it and for sure not for a (competitor's) game.

If the content has been created by a user (and not by the company that has created game X) then you'll have to ask permission to that user (or to read his license terms, if he's taken the time to write them).

I know, life sucks ...

MaX.

+1 Max. I absolutely agree with you on this subject.

JamoZ

Well, what about the content that clearly ripped from other games? Most of our bikes & tracks are ripped or converted. Never heard anyone say anything about that.
As soon as a bike gets released its halleluya bonanza, and noone questions where the base content came from...

Arvoss

Quote from: JamoZ on January 24, 2014, 06:30:02 PM
Well, what about the content that clearly ripped from other games? Most of our bikes & tracks are ripped or converted. Never heard anyone say anything about that.
As soon as a bike gets released its halleluya bonanza, and noone questions where the base content came from...

The creators ask permission to the original creator (Normally :p)

JamoZ

I never saw anyone ask permission to Milestone or Namco...

HornetMaX

At the price of going a bit (more) off topic here, let me clarify the position on the subject:

• As stated by Piboso very recently, mods "ripped" from other games are tolerated but not encouraged here on the forum.
  • Because of that, Piboso prefers to have absolutely no discussion on the forum about ripping stuff (recently a few messages have been deleted due to discussion about some software to potentially rip tracks from other games). Legal issues are probably the last thing he'd like to have, probably even after a third hand growing between his eyes (hey, could be useful on some occasions).
  • As a personal note, if you rip a bike and then redo/improve half of it, I'm inclined to no longer consider it a "rip", even  if legally it is (and anyway that's just my opinion).

Concerning sounds, the sounds in GPB are all encrypted because created for GPB by an independent sound engineer: this alone should make Piboso's position on the subject clear.

I personally have no particular problem with you using sounds from another game, just don't mention the game name and/or the tools you used (if any) on the forum. Don't make it super-clear that you ripped stuff. This way I don't know, Piboso doesn't know and we are all peace and love, make wheelies not war etc etc.

MaX.

RBp

January 24, 2014, 07:47:50 PM #52 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:59:39 PM by RBp

Only 4 moto5 tracks are not allowed, It why he fell out with Nak for not asking permission. He had a list of tracks with permission he could convert from modders on Nogrip fourm, this is where I got permission to make Folembray. Whithams tracks are all good to use and mention on the fourm as is my little Folembray....Naks...well..sshhhrrss.   Some of his tracks suck ball's but he never ripped peoples work off.

Donny
Bruno
macau
barca

I think you find that the reason he don't bother here anymore people said his tracks and bikes where shit models while people were putting "good" illgial models into  piboso game.

JamoZ

I`m sorry, but i have no idea what you`re talking about.

Chispifumy

Wow,amazing bike! thanks juju!

camillozockt

Awesome work , i really love it  :D !! but i dont know how to fix the onboardview to have the same paint as the bike ! when i use full carbon , my onboard view is blue : ( !!
I read your post with the 2 download links (bike_c and wheels) but i dont know what i should do with them !

thank you very much

Docfumi

Quote from: camillozockt on February 11, 2014, 05:47:46 PM
Awesome work , i really love it  :D !! but i dont know how to fix the onboardview to have the same paint as the bike ! when i use full carbon , my onboard view is blue : ( !!
I read your post with the 2 download links (bike_c and wheels) but i dont know what i should do with them !

thank you very much

On the third page of this post you will find all you need.  ;)
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

camillozockt

hey docfumi , thank you for the response ! but i dont know what i have to do with these files....  :-\ !! im very new to the game .

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on January 23, 2014, 09:07:15 AM
I`m not an expert so i just copied warlocks engine file and changed the volume levels a bit.

Hi JamoZ.
I think the engine sound on the Suzuki GSVR is set at too high a volume. Do any other guys think this also?

Compared to other bikes engine volume the GSVR must be approx half the volume again; it just seems odd and very distracting when a GSVR is on the grid or coming up behind you. Wouldn't be so bad if we had a ambient engine sound control slider to adjust it ourselves but as things are at the moment with engine noise drowning even from other bikes engines, the GSVR engine volume is set too high don't you think?

Just compare the volume of the GSVR engine noise on a replay with other bikes engine noise and you see what I mean. :)

JamoZ

Yes, you`re right. I told warlock this in the beginning, but he`s stubborn and didn`t care :P I have my volume ingame on 3 with every other bike..but withe the GSVR i have to set it to 2 or else i`ll go deaf..