• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:18:01 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Yeah, track load time will be longer for sure, but once in-game there shouldn't be a huge difference due to the track length. What could make a difference is the level of detail of the stuff surrounding the track, likely to be much heavier than an usual racetrack.

MaX

bomber

is gorgeous!! is the time of the ps2 game with only that aspect of the tt this track on gpbikes!!! but I did not understand. what is the exact problem? there seems to already have everything .....

Alex_Logan_3D

I was thinking of taking a look at this myself but seems someones made a start.

It's getting the height of the road thats the hardest bit. You don't need the entire island, just whats visible from the track. I'd focus on getting the track nailed and then focus of sections expanding from that what is visible.

If you want a hand then let me know.
Freelance 3D Artist - 2011 Z750R rider

iVolution

As the maximum amount of centerlines segments seems to be 285, and Ricco already having problems not exceeding that amount  on his "TT mini", is it even possible to build the complete IOM track in GpBikes? Considering it has 265 corners that might be a big problem fitting those 285 segments in  :-\

janaucarre

it probably possible but with a good economy of sections, you need to make the centerline as near as possible of the asphalt of the track and no adjusting to be ever on the middle, it needs to be tryed.

PiBoSo

Quote from: iVolution on January 16, 2014, 11:40:08 PM
As the maximum amount of centerlines segments seems to be 285, and Ricco already having problems not exceeding that amount  on his "TT mini", is it even possible to build the complete IOM track in GpBikes? Considering it has 265 corners that might be a big problem fitting those 285 segments in  :-\

The limit can be easily increased.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

neoraptor

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 17, 2014, 09:16:56 AMThe limit can be easily increased.
Do you need to update your code or is it already available in a config file?

I think it could be good to increase this limit (at least for the TT, which should be among the biggest track)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

RiccoChicco

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 17, 2014, 09:16:56 AM

Great news, but it doesn't alter game stability?

Alex_Logan_3D

It's also going to be nigh on impossible to get all the lumps and bumps of the track in. The layout, height and camber in the road can be done and the width to a point.
I'm thinking of just getting the track ribbon in place, wall the entire thing off and do some rough terrain and try with others to get that working in game. Probably only having the track textured and the rest grey. Once we get a rideable surface the rest can be built up over time.
Freelance 3D Artist - 2011 Z750R rider

iVolution

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 17, 2014, 09:16:56 AM
That is great news. We can keep the dream alive :)

Quote from: Alex_Logan_3D on January 17, 2014, 10:44:53 AM
Once we get a rideable surface the rest can be built up over time.
That sounds like the best way to go with this. I would be extremely happy once the foundation of the track is built, details can be added in a later stage to make good things even better. I can imagine what an enormous task it is to endlessly analyze video's and try to replicate the bumps into the track.

But it is not to be forgotten that the one(s) that pull this off will attain a legendary status in the motorcycle simulation community, not to forget this will definetely set GPbikes more apart from anything that has been ever created and creates an unique selling point for this game as a whole. If people see this on youtube a bunch of them will definitely buy the game.

r1rossi

I cant tell you how pumped I am for this honestly, I ve only played the game for 2 weeks and I am addicted.

THanks for all the geniuses on here

Arvoss

Quote from: r1rossi on January 24, 2014, 10:00:08 PM
I cant tell you how pumped I am for this honestly, I ve only played the game for 2 weeks and I am addicted.

You're not the only one that's pumped for this track! :D Have you tried Ulster yet? ;)

r1rossi

Quote from: Arvoss on January 24, 2014, 10:06:20 PM

You're not the only one that's pumped for this track! :D Have you tried Ulster yet? ;)

NO, please do share some more insight :)

Thanks!!!

Arvoss

Quote from: r1rossi on January 26, 2014, 05:56:10 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on January 24, 2014, 10:06:20 PM

NO, please do share some more insight :)

Thanks!!!

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=451.0

Reactive

January 30, 2014, 07:21:30 PM #29 Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:54:28 PM by Reactive
so...
On the second try a very first variant of road was done, using satellite maps by Bing, because it contains less trees and much more newer then Google (huh)

here you can see the current status and compare with another map from Whitham (?) and im even sure it was made using kml\kmz from Google Earth, not even GPS data (its a lot more narrow versus GPS tracks, and same smoother of course).

and thats all, because i have core.exe crashes every time. I sent this archive for two guys, but no responce.

And... i dont know what to do now. Waiting for something   :-\
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64