• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:03:38 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[Reproducible] Discovered a reason for core .exe in main menu

Started by Blackheart, February 29, 2016, 10:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

How to replicate this bug:

1_ Having installed 123/+ Paints for Murasama. (123 in my specific case)
2_ Open the game and in the Bikes choose menu try to change from category 1000 to category 500.
3_ Systematic core.exe result.  :o

Warning:

This issue seem change from system to system, but what is sure is that something is not working!  ::)

Napalm Nick

Agree - only 100 paints allowed for me.  :( (maybe total size related?)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

With 416 MB (total size for murasama paints folder) i take core.

Napalm Nick

Hmm 357Mb for me - could be PC spec dependant also I guess.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

Do u have the quality texture set to 1 in .ini file?  ???

EDIT: This is my gpbikes.ini;

Quote[core]
texture_quality = 1

Napalm Nick

doubledragoncc

I found a bad pnt for 990 just now, tested it 10 times and IS bad

VTR Gui Cramer rc990.pnt

Downloading latest 990 paints for re test as I only had 105 for the 990

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Blackheart on February 29, 2016, 10:24:46 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 29, 2016, 10:19:34 PM
No. I have no entry for it.
Try maybe your limit change... maybe!

Will try tomorrow mate I am ready to get my beauty sleep now (after a torrid nightmare filled night last night  ::))

doubledragoncc

So a bit more into this and it is not just the number of bikes as I had 104 and no crashes but now I can only have 100?

I played around with various pnt files in and out and it could also be the total memory size used by the folder, not sure but look at what happened if I went over 337MB in the paint folder, this is just my folder remember on my system.

Put this pnt into the 990 paint folder, started GPB and selected the paint, note the paint name:

Swaped to 500 got a core crash, removed 1 pnt file from the folder, started GPB and selected the paint:

Now I get the right paint for the pnt file. BUT it depends if I put a quality, high MB file or several low quality low MB pnt  files. So it could be MB size related too.

I will look further into it to try and get exact specs for no crashes.

I dont normally do stuff like this so sorry for any confusion but hope the pics explain why I got a bit confused lol

DD just trying to help
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

The numbers change, I believe that is something with dedicated memory, or something like that, I think the only way to have a certain answer is to wait a Piboso test  :P

doubledragoncc

February 29, 2016, 11:45:19 PM #12 Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:47:49 PM by doubledragoncc
Yeah now it is defo 100 max files for me? I had 104 earlier no crashes?

Im stumped lol

If this is the case we need some way to make sure we have all the paints per bike we need for online racing and not ones that are not used anymore and take up space we need.

A data base with peoples name, bike and paint used is what would help.

DD

HornetMaX

Quote from: Blackheart on February 29, 2016, 11:35:46 PM
The numbers change, I believe that is something with dedicated memory, or something like that
Unlikely, as there's no reason to load all the skins. but there's an ssue somewhere for sure.
The fact it happens when changing bike should be a good start point for Piboso.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 29, 2016, 11:45:19 PM
If this is the case we need some way to make sure we have all the paints per bike we need for online racing and not ones that are not used anymore and take up space we need.
A data base with peoples name, bike and paint used is what would help.
DD

We mainly use per-race Skin Packs for this (we haven't used them so far in B8 races).  But I like your idea for paints to be held against the riders name in the Paint database as an option very much! Maybe something for Matty to contemplate then we could check the signed up riders list and get the paints per person. Hmmmm I like that idea!

8)