• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

[Reproducible] Discovered a reason for core .exe in main menu

Started by Blackheart, February 29, 2016, 10:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

The issue  mentioned here....core.exe when swapping bike, leathers, helmets, has always been the cause for core.exe crashes.

Thats why i never change skins/bikes/helmets for a race. And if i do i always restart GPBikes and usually the PC also before that.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PeterV on March 01, 2016, 03:48:26 PM
Thats why i never change skins/bikes/helmets for a race. And if i do i always restart GPBikes and usually the PC also before that.
I didn't notice it too much before.
However what is true (at least for me) is that sometimes when it bombs out with a core.exe crash, I have to restart the PC if I want to play again (even if offline). It's plain scary.

Hawk

The issue  mentioned here....core.exe when swapping bike, leathers, helmets, has always been the cause for core.exe crashes.

+1 Peter.... Totally agree with you on that. I learned very early on that it's always best to restart GPB if you want to change bike, skins or in fact to change server too... Seems to help reduce the chance of a core.exe crash happening for me anyway.  ;)

Hawk.

Blackheart

Yes... but what is the point?  :o

I mentioned an easily replicable way ... not a random crash.

It never happened a core.exe when i change a paint...

PeterV

Quote from: Blackheart on March 01, 2016, 05:30:47 PM

Yes... but what is the point?  :o

I mentioned an easily replicable way ... not a random crash.

It never happened a core.exe when i change a paint...

Whos talking about a random crash? not me.

And the point is, you can reduce core.exe by not selecting a skin/helmet/leathers before you enter a race.

Blackheart

Sorry you have the wrong thread, re-read the discussion, no one has talked to enter in the race... It 'a different problem.

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on March 01, 2016, 05:39:00 PM
Sorry you have the wrong thread, re-read the discussion, no one has talked to enter in the race... It 'a different problem.

Errr.... am I not seeing something here BlackY?  :-\

The point in your first post was concerning the changing of a bike category causing a core.exe for you, yes? Then surely Peters point is relevant?

He was just pointing out that this can also occur when changing leathers and helmets too, This whole issue has been a problem since I can personally can remember too. Also that if riders restart GPB before changing to another bike category or another server then it certainly does seem to help reduce the likelihood of a core.exe(though obviously not a sure fire solution).  Maybe this is the reason some get cored more often than others? :)

The same issue does occur when you come out of a server and then change category of bikes and paints without restarting GPB, so that's relevant to your first post issue too. Can you not see that?  ???

Hawk.

Blackheart

Re-explain, perhaps in the first post it is not clear:

This bug is reproducible 1000 times out of 1000, and only it happens with Muramasa (I guess).

My test are always done with this steps: open gp bikes/try change category/close GP Bikes/add 1 paint and repeat.

Arrived at a number of paints the game crashes. Repeat but this time do not add or remove paints. core.exe, repeat, core.exe, repeat, core.exe...

EDIT: Final step is delete 1 random paint and try again = no core.exe

I do not select any paint and certainly not enter in a race.  ???

doubledragoncc

BUT do you pick your nose on the starting grid?...........................

This is know to cause core.exe crashes!!!!

;D

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.