• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:33:53 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

CBR250R Dream Cup [2018 06 12 update for beta13]

Started by Yohji, November 26, 2015, 12:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valentinik46

i have no excuse now for riding in 3rd person now,very very good

Steven

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 21, 2016, 03:27:22 PM
Not a very good idea Steven as it is not a good way to structure GPB and is no good for bike updates that require the unpacked bike in its own folder

GPB is fussy and it may also cause core crashes

DD

Yohji choose to name it .pkz so to me it looks like the file is not necessarily intended to be unpacked. And if Yohji makes an update he will just upload a new .pkz I think.

I can't say much about this being the reason for core.exe crashes or not, but I wouldn't carry this too far. For example after installing the game bikes, tracks and so on are in .pkz's and nobody's told to unpack them. So if there was a problem with the .pkz system it could concern all the .pkz's. Unless something can go "wrong" when packing the files and renaming the archive to .pkz.

Also some time ago I was told that unpacking (official) .pkz's might cause problems when going online, when the server uses the .pkz's only.

Still - as I said in my post - I would extract the .pkz as well - to have everything as folders, to be able to put paints in when necessary and because I usually have original tracks and bikes unpacked and I unpack whatever I'd like to have a look at.

doubledragoncc

Steve, your not listening buddy. Look at all the MODs in the past. It is nothing to do with the pkz point it is to do with how the rest of the modders work and not just Yohji. Just because it is a pkz, you think it is not meant to be unpacked, your the first dude. Its a compressed file and for it to work best in GPB for mods it should be unpacked. It is NOT an original GPB file so it is not handled by GPB like one!

Take a look at the Ducati from Manu and that is how it should be done, plain and simple. AND when he makes an update that is ONLY the few files needed it is best to simply extract first and then install the updated files.

I think after being in this community for 6 years I have seen enough to give you the right advise. And the best is dont screw with what has worked for years and still works now.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 21, 2016, 08:29:04 PM
Its a compressed file and for it to work best in GPB for mods it should be unpacked. It is NOT an original GPB file so it is not handled by GPB like one!
That's wrong ddcc. GPB will handle it as expected.

In fact, shipping a mod as a .pkz file is easier for the modder, the hoster (like the BikeMod) and the end-user, as you only have one file to move around (no chance to mess up the directory structure, having double nested directory, etc).

The only downside in using .pkz file is that at run-time, GPB will have to unpack them so load times will be a tad slower.
And maybe that you would still need a paint folder for the skins.

doubledragoncc

Yeah thats true for the first point Max and I understand that, but your second point is my reasoning for NOT recommending leaving it as a pkz. You still need a paints folder and that must be in the correct bike folder so you have to have that structure.

In the end it is the instability of GPB that must be thought of and any little point that upsets GPB or makes it run slower or work harder is adding to an already unstable program. I am just trying to point out that add all the little points like additional pkz files for GPB to work with might upset it, just like  having to many paints in the 990 paint folder! Simple point but it is one additional point that causes crashes.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

IronHorse

How do you download this? Not sure how google drive works.

Blackheart

Quote from: IronHorse on April 04, 2016, 02:20:25 AM
How do you download this? Not sure how google drive works.

Click on the download button top-center its near to the share button  :P

Yohji

July 16, 2016, 03:27:27 PM #37 Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:47:02 PM by Yohji
hi everyone, long time no see.
Unfortunately, My GPB work has been stagnant
This is because, in the life of environmental issues  :-\
but I'll be back. some month ago. sorry for waiting everything
sometimes I checked PBS forum, and some little modding work.

CapeDoctor

hi Yohji - glad to hear you are still around and about :D
of course real life must always take preference, but when you are ready, we will still be here, hungry for mods....  ;D

Yohji

beta9 ver Release
check first post

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

JorgeNsr

MORIWAKI MH80RF

NSR80Racing-World : https://www.facebook.com/NSR80RW/

Urban Chaos 2.0

March 04, 2017, 06:05:28 PM #42 Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:20:08 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
For some reason the bike is invisible in the main menu, and cannot be loaded into game.

Edit: nevermind, I fixed it. Needed to download the beta9 version (I think you should remove the other link).

Yohji

Urban Chaos 2.0

April 26, 2017, 01:26:40 PM #44 Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:30:00 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Problem with the download: The site tells me permission is required.