• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:18:06 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta 8 Event 6 | S80 Swedish Stylie | WINNERS - NUOVAIC/NAPALM NICK | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, March 18, 2016, 05:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meyer#12

You are not alone mate! i never really seem to get the hang of good pace here on  any bike. I can do okay laps once in a while, but i crash so much and the front tends to just wash away much easier here.
Meyer#12

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 21, 2016, 10:08:16 PM
Gargh no sense of adventure.....   Wanted to get it into peoples mindset ready for the 3 day events really but as the server-save and netcode still needs a tweak there's little point I suppose. Surely only the sad butt-hurts would practice offline then come to set fast laps? No-one enters into the spirit of things anymore......moan, ramble, sigh .... pfffff.........I Will remind her to turn it off for the next session.  ::)

Lol.... Sorry MMA, I think I've turned Nick into a grumpy old bear for the rest of the night. Hehe  ;D

I can see it working for the three day events, but certainly for single events especially during practice sessions I just don't see the point because it limits any practice time you can do. Personally I just find it a royal pain in the arse when I want to just set the bike up and get a feel for the track before race day.  :P :)

Thanks Nick!  ;) 8)

Hawk.
PS: I don't know what's wrong with you guys..... This is a great track with corners that flow from one to the other..... You need to find a consistent rhythm for this track...... Sounds to me like your attacking it to hard.... SLOW DOWN! ::) ;D
On second thoughts, NO! Keep going faster, try harder.... That way I'll I won't have to worry about beating you! Hehe  ;D ;D

doubledragoncc

I tried a few laps and have to agree on feel of it. It feels like less grip to the point I have massive understeer, its like the bike dont want to turn at all unless I'm riding DD pace lol.

I thought it was just me hehe, thank goodness.

I just cant enjoy it, sorry

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Yeh don't get me wrong it is a great track I love it! Seems harder now without the old Uphill/Downhill problem not helping to tighten the line through the last corner (not that I want that 'feature' back lol).

One place I really, really hate is turn 10 ish where that bump sends you into a lowside. Man that gets old real quick  >:(  I will keep trying at it but if I go any slower the race might last all week. Already the fast guys are into 1.52, seven seconds faster than my 'omg I stayed on all lap' time. I guess everyone has a nemesis track, and this is definitely mine.

Mind you I found a new car park at the bottom of the hill when I fell off (turn 9 ish) and the bike went through a barrier gap, over a cliff and down to the car park below.  Good news there is enough space for about 500 cars there and I didn't see one meter! ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Warlock

All i can say is most of the problems of the track can be avoided with setup.
I couldn't even ride with default , and got faster and faster with setup. Also depends of style, i couldn't finish a lap with Meyers setup.

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 22, 2016, 09:06:33 AM

One place I really, really hate is turn 10 ish where that bump sends you into a lowside. Man that gets old real quick  >:(

Ride height and swing arm pivot does a lot there. But a little line change towards inside can avoid it almost completely.
I can tell you , i've done a ton of laps yesterday  ;D

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Meyer#12

I think there is a problem right now, have same problem and have had it for few hours.
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

Thanks for confirming. I thought I was being a dumb ass again lol

DD

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I will try Aragon offline if someone just gives me the best ratio to use instead of hours on my ass. Pretty Please

DD

Napalm Nick

I can't mate I have no idea, besides having anything from me to do with Aragon is a huge step backwards lol. will open the next race sign-up page sooon.

PS: remember if you get lots of cores offline consider lowering your replay length (or ';' it out completely for a test).

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Warlock on March 22, 2016, 02:40:31 PM
...... Also depends of style.......

[

There is the problem right there! I ain't got no style baby  :D

Thx for setup help Warlocky.

Warlock

Hahhah everyone has an style, suicidal, smooth , aleatory..  :D 

Also quite stiff suspension but some rebound 6-8 helped me to keep the line