• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:20:30 AM

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on March 11, 2016, 06:25:13 PM
So is there any chance you can implement to have an option to have the user-rider dot in the centre on the whole-map-view with the map rotating around it?  :)
No because it's bad: the track should be half the current size to fit in the same space.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 11, 2016, 07:01:23 PM
Quote from: Hawk on March 11, 2016, 06:25:13 PM
So is there any chance you can implement to have an option to have the user-rider dot in the centre on the whole-map-view with the map rotating around it?  :)
No because it's bad: the track should be half the current size to fit in the same space.

Understood mate. :)

Hawk.

mikekimi

hello,excuse me.
I have  installed this plugin to gpbikes, but the bike shaking badly when i play it .
it walks a few meters and it will fall down.
welcome to SRFC!

HornetMaX

Quote from: mikekimi on March 24, 2016, 09:43:39 AM
hello,excuse me.
I have  installed this plugin to gpbikes, but the bike shaking badly when i play it .
it walks a few meters and it will fall down.
That can't be due to the plugin. Remove it and you'll have the same.

mikekimi

I think I found the reason.There may be a problem with my computer's language settings.  ;D thx
welcome to SRFC!

teeds

Finding the radar very useful for racing Max, but any chance you can make it not detect within ones FOV?

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on May 24, 2016, 10:41:27 AM
Finding the radar very useful for racing Max, but any chance you can make it not detect within ones FOV?
What do you mean exactly: show no point on the radar or show no flying marker ?

Anyway, it will be hard to detect "when within FOV", as FOV may vary (and the head can be looking not straight forward).
But in an approximate manner (e.g. don't show if in a 90deg cone ahead) it can be done easily.

teeds

I've been getting used to the radar thingy turning red and making me look to see where another rider might be. But it's making me look away when I'm right behind someone and focusing on what they're doing or about to do, it makes me check at that point to see if it's someone else behind. Fixed to an FOV average cone angle I think would be fine. Both radar and marker btw.

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on May 24, 2016, 11:20:56 AM
I've been getting used to the radar thingy turning red and making me look to see where another rider might be. But it's making me look away when I'm right behind someone and focusing on what they're doing or about to do, it makes me check at that point to see if it's someone else behind. Fixed to an FOV average cone angle I think would be fine. Both radar and marker btw.
OK, so you want the dot and the flying marker to be there, just not changing color if the other vehicle is ahead, right ?
Or is it the "highlight" in the radar that should not appear if the other vehicle is in front ?

Probably easier if you post a screenshot showing what to change :)

teeds

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 24, 2016, 11:28:30 AM
OK, so you want the dot and the flying marker to be there, just not changing color if the other vehicle is ahead, right ?

Spot on, and getting very nontechnical here but imagine a detection/alert zone shaped like Pacman with his mouth facing forwards  :D

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on May 24, 2016, 12:06:15 PM
Spot on, and getting very nontechnical here but imagine a detection/alert zone shaped like Pacman with his mouth facing forwards  :D
Best software specification ever read :)

Vini

don't know if this is what teeds means but no marker when the other bike is ahead would be cool.

teeds

Quote from: vin97 on May 24, 2016, 02:51:18 PM
don't know if this is what teeds means but no marker when the other bike is ahead would be cool.

I meant exactly that vin ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on May 25, 2016, 10:14:01 AM

Hmm, it sounded different:

Quote from: teeds on May 24, 2016, 12:06:15 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on May 24, 2016, 11:28:30 AM

So back to my initial suggestion: get a screenshot and show what you would want done differently :)

teeds

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 25, 2016, 10:23:47 AM
Quote from: teeds on May 25, 2016, 10:14:01 AM

Hmm, it sounded different:

Fair comment  :)

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 25, 2016, 10:23:47 AM
So back to my initial suggestion: get a screenshot and show what you would want done differently :)

Not sure how to illustrate it on a screenshot. I could show a bike in a spot we don't want to be alerted too even though it's within the trigger range we set in the Maxhud menu, that help?