• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:53:31 PM

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2016, 11:12:02 AM
BTW Hawky, if you have AI as an option you dont HAVE to use it bro!!! lol

It is an option, same as eating a shit sandwich, you dont have to if you dont want to.  ;D

DD

That is a very good point DD.... and if I was thinking commercially then yes I would definitely include AI(as an optional gimmick) to get more sales.... Just makes me sad that a large majority of the market still want AI controlled objects in their games/sims when it isn't really up to the task it's being asked to do. Just give me one game or sim were you can argue against that point and you may start to turn me around..... In the meantime I'll take a bite of that shit sandwhich and beat the crap out of some dumb AI crims in Batman. Love that game! Hehe  ;D

But yeah. Good point DD.  ;)

Hawk.

dareaper46

Quote from: Hawk on March 24, 2016, 02:23:34 PM
BTW Hawky, if you have AI as an option you dont HAVE to use it bro!!! lol

It is an option, same as eating a shit sandwich, you dont have to if you dont want to.  ;D

DD

That is a very good point DD.... and if I was thinking commercially then yes I would definitely include AI(as an optional gimmick) to get more sales.... Just makes me sad that a large majority of the market still want AI controlled objects in their games/sims when it isn't really up to the task it's being asked to do. Just give me one game or sim were you can argue against that point and you may start to turn me around..... In the meantime I'll take a bite of that shit sandwhich and beat the crap out of some dumb AI crims in Batman. Love that game! Hehe  ;D

But yeah. Good point DD.  ;)

Hawk.

Hawk.... but is a "ghost" of yourself actually an AI? I'm not 100% sure it can be classified as AI. I think the majority of people here don't want bots, but atleast a representation of your/or someone else's fastest lap to improve.

doubledragoncc

dareaper, a ghost is the computers 3D exact replay of your last lap, or fastest lap. There is NO artificial intelligence as the computer is not THINKING and then controlling a bike and rider, it is doing a 3D replay thats all.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk on March 24, 2016, 11:01:15 AM
AI is a pet hate of mine I'm afraid. As is best-line indicators(if you've noticed I never implement best-line indicators in any of the tracks I work on. If I had my way I wouldn't implement respawn in GPB either..... Very controversial subjects I know, but I say it how it is for me so..... Lol   ;) 8)

Hawk.

Hey I think that's why my corner anticipation doesn't work some tracks! Bad for onboard riding for players not using manual head look (I do) or a head tracking device  :'(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I hate best line indicators too dude. I dont see them in real life so why in a sim.

We dont have stupid yellow stickers on the brake levers saying BRAKE and an arrow showing you which way to pull it like the USA law stipulates for much stuff.

Mind you I still recon the woman that sued McDonald's for $1.5 Mil for burning her pussy caused all the HOT markings on their coffee cups!!!

Thank God you can turn the indicators off.

And since when has AI eva been remotely intelligent!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

teeds

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2016, 04:35:42 PM
I hate best line indicators too dude. I dont see them in real life so why in a sim.

Maybe consider the new guys that don't know any tracks eh ;)

And

dareaper46

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2016, 04:15:28 PM
dareaper, a ghost is the computers 3D exact replay of your last lap, or fastest lap. There is NO artificial intelligence as the computer is not THINKING and then controlling a bike and rider, it is doing a 3D replay thats all.

DD

I know. I am just pointing out to Hawk that a ghost is not AI. Ofcourse I know what a ghost is.

doubledragoncc

LOL 46, it was your wording being as a question.

Yes new guys need turn indicators thats why it can be turned on/off. I would never want it removed from GPB for that reason. This should be a sim for everyone!!!

I need to get back to making this video btw. I got a pressy in my inbox hahaha.

Dr DD.......................maybe I can join VR 46 now Im a Doctor too  ::)

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 24, 2016, 04:22:34 PM
Quote from: Hawk on March 24, 2016, 11:01:15 AM
AI is a pet hate of mine I'm afraid. As is best-line indicators(if you've noticed I never implement best-line indicators in any of the tracks I work on. If I had my way I wouldn't implement respawn in GPB either..... Very controversial subjects I know, but I say it how it is for me so..... Lol   ;) 8)

Hawk.

Hey I think that's why my corner anticipation doesn't work some tracks! Bad for onboard riding for players not using manual head look (I do) or a head tracking device  :'(

Piboso does state that corner anticipation is not required.... so it can't be that much of a necessity  to have it surely? Lol

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Yeh its not required to make a track is what he means I think.

Unfortunately, for us 'onboard' hardcore real simmers (lol), it removes the great head movement that corner anticipation brings :'(

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2016, 04:35:42 PM

We dont have stupid yellow stickers on the brake levers saying BRAKE and an arrow showing you which way to pull it like the USA law stipulates for much stuff.

Mind you I still recon the woman that sued McDonald's for $1.5 Mil for burning her pussy caused all the HOT markings on their coffee cups!!!

Thank God you can turn the indicators off.

And since when has AI eva been remotely intelligent!!!

DD

Haha!  ;D

Exactly right DD, so what's all the fuss about having AI riders(even as an option)too? They are more likely to teach you bad habits than do any good for you. That's probably why we get some riders(probably played too many milestone games) who fail to take caution when coming up to back markers and end up side-polling you just like AI riders tend to do. Lol  ;D

You can't beat getting out there on track with no aids or best lines or AI riders and learning the track yourself..... If riders want to learn best lines quicker then just ask a fast rider to show you his lines.  You can also get feedback and advice from a real rider - try that with bloody AI! Hehe!  ;D

As for a ghost rider.... WHY!? I mean, Why!? What real use is a ghost rider? Do you need to re-learn the mistakes you made the previous lap or what? I just can't understand what the fascination is with these arcadey gimmicks over doing things like you would in reality.  ::)
I wish someone could convince me otherwise because I'm starting to feel like I'm from a different planet here! Hehe!  ;D ;D

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 24, 2016, 06:23:15 PM
Yeh its not required to make a track is what he means I think.

Unfortunately, for us 'onboard' hardcore real simmers (lol), it removes the great head movement that corner anticipation brings :'(

So that's why Matty can't catch us! Hehe  ;D

I'm open to be convinced, but in my experience when I've tried "corner anticipation" it doesn't make any difference to a riders ability to take a corner at all in GPB. In fact it can be a pain in the ass in my opinion when using real first person view(not the tank view). I'll add it to this next Snetterton update as a test.... But your times have got to be 3 secs  a lap faster now or I'll take it off again. Hehe!  ;D

Hawk

Napalm Nick

I wouldn't say it aids time, only that it adds realism - I mean when you ride you look through the corner not look ahead hoping there isn't a cow in the track on the apex (remember the TT?). Having said that if you can look through the corner it should make you faster because you can estimate your needed vs actual trajectory better.  Its MUCH better riding onboard with it switched on as long as you take the time to set it up.  I know I know I should get EDTracker!

With that explanation you must now be a Beleiber!  ;D

doubledragoncc

Why a ghost rider you ask Hawk and I ask why cant you understand some of US not YOU want them and like them. It is OUR preference and we have as much right as you to chose what WE like.

I like to not have to depend on someone being online, a server working or someone else deciding it all for me. I like to just have MY time on a track with 20 plus other riders to get used to them and overtaking etc etc. Just because YOU dont like it and THINK its useless does not mean it is true, for many it helps big time in a positive way.

K? lol

DD

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 24, 2016, 07:02:52 PM
I wouldn't say it aids time, only that it adds realism - I mean when you ride you look through the corner not look ahead hoping there isn't a cow in the track on the apex (remember the TT?). Having said that if you can look through the corner it should make you faster because you can estimate your needed vs actual trajectory better.  Its MUCH better riding onboard with it switched on as long as you take the time to set it up.  I know I know I should get EDTracker!

With that explanation you must now be a Beleiber!  ;D

Lol..... No worries..... I'll add the best-line marker to all the tracks I do as and when they are updated, or whenever requested for in future.  ;D 8)

I'm interested to give corner anticipation another try myself and see if it can improve my speed through the corners too..... We've got to rain-in Meyer somehow. Lol  ;D

Hawk.