• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:46:54 AM

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Thanks you are an awesome bloke  8)  but remember its only for onboard riding. We need more onboard Matty and DD can show us all up for the arcade frauds we are!!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

Haha what do you want me to say? I like the real life practicing, not ghosts but actual people and just doing laps, but that is just me.

I have raced motorbikes since i was 8, more than half of my life, so best lines just comes to me and if i feel i need to change, i will test in the direction i need. I understand people who likes the ghost, it can help a lot if you all the time push that little extra and you can see where you loose speed and test lines better, but since i am used to real life racing, i like to practice and look at my times more than using the ghost. I see both sides of the discussion :)

But i think it woulf be a good thing for newcers with both Ghost/helper and with best line showing, since people who are not used to racing bikes or racing at all, might need little guidance to get the hang of the lines.

Talking corner anticipitation, it takes a little time getting used to in game and to adjust too, it is not easy when you are not used to it and can't feel the bike, but it seems that many have the impression you look towards the apex, which is actually not true, most of the fast riders is looking for the next entrance, so as soon as we hit a corner, we would look for the entrance of next corner. This would help us more or less automatically to hit the ideal line. I think if you get it right and get the hang of the corner anticipation, it could actually make you go faster, i have to test more, because i normally use 3rd person, since i find it hard with 1st person in bike games, when you don't sit in the same way as i do IRL and since you can't feel the bike in the game, as you can in real life.

But i do tend to test the 1st person once in a while, i can do Ok laps, but i can't be consistent, which i need to practice on.
Meyer#12

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2016, 07:16:38 PM
Why a ghost rider you ask Hawk and I ask why cant you understand some of US not YOU want them and like them. It is OUR preference and we have as much right as you to chose what WE like.

I like to not have to depend on someone being online, a server working or someone else deciding it all for me. I like to just have MY time on a track with 20 plus other riders to get used to them and overtaking etc etc. Just because YOU dont like it and THINK its useless does not mean it is true, for many it helps big time in a positive way.

K? lol

DD

Don't misunderstand me DD.... You should know me better than that my old friend. Lol

I'm absolutely not saying that everyone should listen to me or that I'm the only one who's right... Absolutely not, far from it! Lol  ;D
What I post anywhere on this forum is, like everyone else here, is just a personal opinion. If I disagree with anyone then that is just a difference of opinion between myself and the other person. It doesn't mean that I'm right or wanting everyone to agree with me at all. Everyone looks at things through a different viewpoint or perspective and I can except that with no problems whatsoever, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with what the majority are saying here on this subject, no way.... I like to keep my own mind thank you. Lol.  ;) 8)

Looks like I'll have to start signing off my posts with a caution signature: "Caution: This is only my personal opinion, feel free to disagree at all times." Hehe  ;D

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Bro Im just bustin ya balls thats why I add the lol at the end lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Warlock

I don't even remember the last time i used 3rd person view, also i set look to apex thing since 1st day i play GPB

I think is the way a sim has to be played. With some practice you start to 'feel' the bike and you don't ever need to look sides because you hear other bikes around and you can spot them where they are . the only downside is you dont see the paint of your bike  ;D, the rest is all fun  8)

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2016, 07:47:01 PM
Bro Im just bustin ya balls thats why I add the lol at the end lol.

DD

No worries.... my misunderstanding DD.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Vini

March 24, 2016, 09:10:24 PM #921 Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:14:31 PM by vin97
Quote from: Meyer#12 on March 24, 2016, 07:30:59 PMI think if you get it right and get the hang of the corner anticipation, it could actually make you go faster
This is definitely the case in GP Bikes.
When I'm able to do proper laps in first person, I rarely look at the screen centre.
I just find it a bit unnatural because you can only move your eyes and not your head.
For me it's a bit like watching 3D movies in cinema (with the new non-colored glasses) where you have to force your eyes to stop automatically focussing on certains things.
Because you cannot move your head in GP Bikes (without an Oculus anyway) you have to keep your eyes from focussing on the handlebars.
But when I'm able to 'zoom out' and ignore the main parts of the screen (basically looking in one screen corner more or less), it's a lot of fun and really another level of immersion.

doubledragoncc

This is where it is soo much different for me as I am actually leaning and moving my head as if on a real bike. That why many point that make it more realistic for those sitting still dont work for me as it becomes over exaggerated movement.

The one reason I dont use the other 1st person is purely a graphical one. I HATE seeing the parts of the arms not attached to a body. It make the whole feeling go. If the arms met the shoulders and it was graphically correct I always ride in the most realistic view. With many of the old mod bikes it was possible, not all but some. The body needs to be fixed. In replays it effects cameras and the same in 1st person.

You guys dont realize how much of a workout it can be using my system. My sit on systems make you sweat lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Meyer#12

If i had a system like yours DD, i would for sure ride 1st person! But for me, the 1st person just don't seem to work as well for me being use to ride a real bike, i can't find the feeling because rider is not sitting like me, which makes it very hard for me, to figure out where i have my wheels, i practice 1st person once in a while to try to get use to it, but i just don't get the feeling of where the bike is and it seems odd to me, when i know myself how i use my body and that feeling just doesn't come in GPB when i use 1st person.

But i would love to ride 1st person with a system like yours And with oculus, think how great that would be, being able to look into next corner and move your head like i would do in real life, would make it a whole new experience! I love the game and racing, but would make it the dream game with your system and Oculus :)

One day!!
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

Meyer, it sounds like you think I have never ridden a bike dude. I was a medical courier and long distance courier on a bike for 7 years bro. Did 5000 mls a week on average!!! New rear tyre each month was a pain lol. This is why I have a problem with riding in a sim/game, I am old school and gamepads are out for me. As for Oculas thing no frickin way. I hate them as i dont like shit over my face.

I an trying my best to get a design that is simple and cost effective to make it more available to people due to cost.

If I had the money bro I would give you all a system!!!

DD

Meyer#12

Sorry if it sounds like that mate, it was not to make it sound like that at all! It was just my opinion and the feelings i get when racing in 1st and 3rd person. I agree, it is a bit "lame" feeling riding with a controller, but since i am no genius, i can't make a system myself haha :D and i am not rich either, so i can't just buy a system :(

Haha i will buy a system from you one day!!!
Meyer#12

Warlock

Have you tried FaceTrackNoIR DD?  (it includes freetrack plugin for use it with IR leds)  Works quite well with GPB.  I'm not using it though, because im using my phone camera as webcam with DroidCamApp , and you get some lag with this method.
But should work well with a good webcam

Vini

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2016, 09:36:00 PM
This is where it is soo much different for me as I am actually leaning and moving my head as if on a real bike.
I was more talking about turning than tilting your head.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on March 25, 2016, 12:34:50 AM
Have you tried FaceTrackNoIR DD?  (it includes freetrack plugin for use it with IR leds)  Works quite well with GPB.  I'm not using it though, because im using my phone camera as webcam with DroidCamApp , and you get some lag with this method.
But should work well with a good webcam
I wouldn't bother to use led tracking device or phones:  just buy an EDTracker. It's cheap and works much better than IR or led trackers (http://www.edtracker.co.uk/).

Vini

March 25, 2016, 08:33:46 AM #929 Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 07:35:42 AM by vin97
https://www.youtube.com/v/OIAEif0d9Fw
Did a few nice laps with Warlock on the Varese at Aragon.
First you see some unwanted stability for a change and then a weird engine seizure just after getting on the brake from full throttle in third gear.
I did not even have time to engage the clutch for a downshift. The rear wheel locked right away.
Does GPB have random engine seizures?
Killing a two stroke by 'overreving' should really not be possible (in realistic scenarios) because the gas dynamics act as it's own rev-limiter.

BTW, how can I increase the replay buffer?