• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:04:00 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Killing a 2 stroke engine due to over-revving was definitely possible(and also very likely to break the engine if you continually went into the high red RPM range) and was something a rider had to be aware of in the old school days to not continually over-rev a 2 stroke engine.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

March 25, 2016, 09:56:27 AM #931 Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 09:58:12 AM by Napalm Nick
Quote from: vin97 on March 25, 2016, 08:33:46 AM

BTW, how can I increase the replay buffer?

At the end of your gpbikes.ini add this

[CORE]
replay=500

or more if you want more (remember the B8 entry is now in Mb unlike before so don't enter crazy high figures.  But beware! If you go too high (dependant on your system) some tracks will just core.exe when loading. If this happens reduce the replay length until you get your stability back. There is a clue to the core crash/memory allocation/memory wipe between loading events problems here I'm sure....

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

Quote from: Hawk on March 25, 2016, 09:19:48 AM
Killing a 2 stroke engine due to over-revving was definitely possible(and also very likely to break the engine if you continually went into the high red RPM range) and was something a rider had to be aware of in the old school days to not continually over-rev a 2 stroke engine.  ;)

Hawk.
Absolutely agree!!

It is much easier to blow a 2-stroke engine than a 4st! Many people have no idea of how fine tuned the 2st race bikes really need to be to run perfect and still on the limit where you don't just blow it, takes ages of experience! Having raced quite well trimmed 125GP bikes with ex-world championship parts, i have been there and i can't count how many times the engine have stopped, normally it would be the piston, but have tried much worse too. Getting the 2st to run well can be a pain in the arse!

So i wouldn't say it is weird in this game, we do rev the bike quite high and don't really go carefully with over-revving the bikes
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

2st can die quick bro. I blew the S80 motor in 1 lap just downshifting wrong.

In real life that Castrol are is the blood of a 2st. Only time I blew a 4st so quick was when I was young(haha) and we ran a Honda C50 on JP5.............oh shit it was quick..........for all of 30secs then melted the piston!!!!!

You have to be aware of the 2st also not having so much back pressure which slows the piston down on a 4st, not on the 2st and you can very easily over rev to often without realizing.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Warlock

You probably melted the whole engine in that corner at full revs  ;D lol

Great fun last night by the way  ;)

Quote from: vin97 on March 25, 2016, 08:33:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/v/OIAEif0d9Fw
Did a few nice laps with Warlock on the Varese at Aragon.
First you see some unwanted stability for a change and then a weird engine seizure just after getting on the brake from full throttle in third gear.
I did not even have time to engage the clutch for a downshift. The rear wheel locked right away.
Does GPB have random engine seizures?
Killing a two stroke by 'overreving' should really not be possible (in realistic scenarios) because the gas dynamics act as it's own rev-limiter.

BTW, how can I increase the replay buffer?

Vini

I thought it was only a concern on the ridiculous engines like the 125s and 250s, not the 500s.
But good to have Meyer here :D

And thanks for the replay thing, Nick!

Man, how great it would be if the replay lag would be gone.
Also, an option to focus the track camera on a group of bikes would be nice for watching races.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: vin97 on March 25, 2016, 05:22:15 PM

Also, an option to focus the track camera on a group of bikes would be nice for watching races.

No worries. I did a camera from helicopter view once for Mallory so you could see all the little bikes going round the whole circuit haha. Nice to see everyones position. But a long way away hehe.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Klax75

Quote from: vin97 on March 25, 2016, 05:22:15 PM
I thought it was only a concern on the ridiculous engines like the 125s and 250s, not the 500s.
But good to have Meyer here :D

Yeah I've asked about this in the past too. Having a camera that you can set with multiple riders close together if they are 0.xxx seconds from each other the camera should zoom out and keep them all in shot. If the gap gets bigger it showed zoom back in to normal.

Vini

Wait, since when does the engine not bounce off the limiter anymore?
It's not possible to tell by ear anymore...

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on March 26, 2016, 06:09:49 AM
Wait, since when does the engine not bounce off the limiter anymore?
It's not possible to tell by ear anymore...

The two stroke engines didn't have RPM limiters.

Though I believe one of the last 250 2 stroke racing bikes did dabble with some-kind of RPM limiter system not long before they were dropped from racing for the 4 stroke.

Hawk.

Vini

It's unrealistic but if I remember correctly the 500s had a limiter in GPB.

But more importantly, the sound is gone for the four-strokes. When was this changed?

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on March 26, 2016, 09:51:15 AM
It's unrealistic but if I remember correctly the 500s had a limiter in GPB.

But more importantly, the sound is gone for the four-strokes. When was this changed?

Unrealistic? Sorry Vin but that was reality. 2 strokes didn't have RPM limiters.

Yes, and incorrectly so, the 500 in GPB did have a limiter in previous betas.

What's up mate? Do you keep blowing the 500 engine now? Lol  ;D

Hawk.

Vini

I meant it was unrealistic in GP Bikes that the 500s had a limiter as well.
This has been fixed (in some? beta) but now the four strokes have no limiter sound anymore.
I think I might have been overreving every engine because I couldn't tell that it hit the limiter and didn't once look at the rpm gauge.

doubledragoncc

This is one point I have problems with when other bikes are near me...I cant mym own engine and I dont go by looking at the frickin tacho I watch the frickin track!!!

This is for me a major thing neediing a fix or one of you guys to figure how to reduce other bikes volume???

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini