• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:35:15 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

"Vin97 - King of the Apex"  8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 26, 2016, 07:59:17 PM
This is one point I have problems with when other bikes are near me...I cant mym own engine and I dont go by looking at the frickin tacho I watch the frickin track!!!

This is for me a major thing neediing a fix or one of you guys to figure how to reduce other bikes volume???

DD

If you look in sfx.cfg it has what seem to be the spatial sound settings but i do not think anyone has experimented with them. Its difficult to test off-line though as you cannot hear what effect it has when you are near another bike. Would be one use for a ghost rider mode  ;).

doubledragoncc

March 27, 2016, 11:00:06 AM #947 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:07:33 AM by doubledragoncc
Thanks h will look into it.

Great ridin Vin. Not into the Ballscam though lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

Vini

Thanks guys, was really having a lot of fun.
Even with an almost empty tank, the wobble is controllable on that track!

Which camera do you prefer, DD? :D

doubledragoncc

I prefer when the 1st person bike stays in the center as I actually lean over when in a corner, so when it is the 1st person with motion there is double the movement for the view for me. I can ride in both but depending on the bike, the arms are not finished and dont like looking down my armpits!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

Ah, so you mean like a normal (non-gyro) tank cam?

Hawk

March 27, 2016, 06:03:19 PM #952 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 06:04:53 PM by Hawk
Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 27, 2016, 05:28:31 PM
I prefer when the 1st person bike stays in the center as I actually lean over when in a corner, so when it is the 1st person with motion there is double the movement for the view for me. I can ride in both but depending on the bike, the arms are not finished and dont like looking down my armpits!!!

DD

I couldn't agree with you more DD. I think with the advent of Occulus RIFT and other virtual reality units, then GPB should not try to simulated the rider head movements but leave it to the VR system to accomplish that. It would be so much better to have the user controlling the head movement in 6-DOF so that we could look down at the clocks, or look behind etc,etc as and when we want to. Also the user VR head movement could control the rider body movements too, ie: If you move your head to the left, the virtual rider shifts his body weight to the left accordingly depending on how far you moved your head to the left(this could be calibrated for your own preferences) and vice versa.
Also you could have the same system to get into the tank slipstream position as and when you want.  :) 8)

Hawk.
PS: For those like yourself who hate wearing VR headsets of any kind, you could use a similar system like Track IR5 or freetrack or whatever it is. Lol  ;D

Klax75

Quote from: Hawk on March 27, 2016, 06:03:19 PM

DD

I couldn't agree with you more DD. I think with the advent of Occulus RIFT and other virtual reality units, then GPB should not try to simulated the rider head movements but leave it to the VR system to accomplish that. It would be so much better to have the user controlling the head movement in 6-DOF so that we could look down at the clocks, or look behind etc,etc as and when we want to. Also the user VR head movement could control the rider body movements too, ie: If you move your head to the left, the virtual rider shifts his body weight to the left accordingly depending on how far you moved your head to the left(this could be calibrated for your own preferences) and vice versa.
Also you could have the same system to get into the tank slipstream position as and when you want.  :) 8)

Hawk.
PS: For those like yourself who hate wearing VR headsets of any kind, you could use a similar system like Track IR5 or freetrack or whatever it is. Lol  ;D

Once I try my Rift DK2 with GPB bikes when I am feeling better and update the firmware. I have used it with KartPro, moving my head around like I was on a bike. But the biggest thing in the DK2, is all movement for your head is 1v1 based. Which is a pain, since me being disabled I can't do some movements. So turning my head to look back was impossible without moving my whole chair and body. It was fun, but had down sides since it's 3D if you move close to a game object it hurts your eyes since they want to cross since because the object appears to close. After a lot of fast movements the head mount kept slipping on me. But I didn't want it to be so tight to give myself a head ache. The screens on the DK2 aren't very high rez and it feels like tunnel vision a lot. So don't expect you'll have 4k, 180 vision when wearing one. lol I found I moved my head a lot more then I actually would since I can't see directly to my sides without looking that way. Is it fun using it, yes, but does have a lot of limitations.

Plus I wear glasses, which they do have lense for people with glasses but I couldn't find the combination that worked for me. The ones made the pixels super huge like I was sitting inches away from a old tube TV. I used it with out my glasses but my vision isn't that great. Later I just put on with my glasses and it really plastered them to my face. lol

Hawk

They were talking about releasing a hi-res version of OR... Haven't they done so yet, Klax? I've always said it is better to wait for their Hi-Res version before purchasing one.  ;)

Hawk.

Klax75

The production is being released, shortly but I couldn't find anything on the screens resolution. Either way it still feels like you have tunnel vision.

h106frp

Quote from: Klax75 on March 27, 2016, 06:33:42 PM
Quote from: Hawk on March 27, 2016, 06:03:19 PM

DD

Hawk.

Once I try my Rift DK2 with GPB bikes when I am feeling better and update the firmware. I have used it with KartPro, moving my head around like I was on a bike. But the biggest thing in the DK2, is all movement for your head is 1v1 based. Which is a pain, since me being disabled I can't do some movements. So turning my head to look back was impossible without moving my whole chair and body. It was fun, but had down sides since it's 3D if you move close to a game object it hurts your eyes since they want to cross since because the object appears to close. After a lot of fast movements the head mount kept slipping on me. But I didn't want it to be so tight to give myself a head ache. The screens on the DK2 aren't very high rez and it feels like tunnel vision a lot. So don't expect you'll have 4k, 180 vision when wearing one. lol I found I moved my head a lot more then I actually would since I can't see directly to my sides without looking that way. Is it fun using it, yes, but does have a lot of limitations.

Plus I wear glasses, which they do have lense for people with glasses but I couldn't find the combination that worked for me. The ones made the pixels super huge like I was sitting inches away from a old tube TV. I used it with out my glasses but my vision isn't that great. Later I just put on with my glasses and it really plastered them to my face. lol

Give the Edtracker a try, i have mine fitted to the brim of a cap and you really do not notice that you are using it after a while. The software allows the sensitivity to be tuned so that it will track smoothly even with a very small head movement to look all the way behind. Helmet view works much better when you get to look where you want rather than pre-programmed and i often have no bike in view at all on sweeping curves without becoming disorientated.

No special drivers or fancy hardware required either.

doubledragoncc

Yeah as soon as I have the spare pennies I am getting an EdTracker. I also want to test it to see if it could be adapted for body movement. I have worked with gyros on this and just want to have a lookie at it too.

So, I was so off my game this weekend. Been a shite weekend with GPB core exe during testing and Im kinda bushed.

BUT, I had the fortune to be chatin to a certain modder and got given a sneak peek at a bike on its way to GPB.

Okay I may be spicing it up a bit, but with beta8 things have changed and so have the bikes it seems.

So heres a quicky for you guys. Sorry it is not a speed freaks fest but I am knackered.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/v/nVG-41s02A8

Thank you sire, it was an honor to test this baby. Gotta keep the suspense up as long as I can and before others comment lol.

DD

dareaper46

I really love your effort you put into your videos, and really love the intro video :D.

The bike looks really nice. Can't wait to try it out :D.

Btw, do you sell you systems? It just looks like so much fun and something I would maybe be interested in.

doubledragoncc

Thanks dareaper and yes I do sell my systems. I am just developing and making the first Hs2 Streetfighter version which is more compact and far cleaner to look at lol. Please PM me with an email address. Before you ask.................NO FFB, I use NFFB...........Natural Force Feedback!!! lol

DD