• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:01:53 AM

Its time for a W.I.P.

Started by Blackheart, March 29, 2016, 03:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Quote from: Blackheart on March 31, 2016, 09:41:43 AM
I found the answer  ;D

Quotemodel_temp.edf: A temporary mesh used when joining online sessions, to prevent lags when new player join. Should be the same or lower detail than the shadow model, again with no texture.

Should be added to the MOD wiki  :)

Blackheart

I found it in the Piboso's mediawiki HERE

RiccoChicco

Happy to see that the wiki is having more content. Thanks PiBoSo!

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on March 31, 2016, 09:41:43 AM
I found the answer  ;D

Quotemodel_temp.edf: A temporary mesh used when joining online sessions, to prevent lags when new player join. Should be the same or lower detail than the shadow model, again with no texture.

I wonder if all BikeMODS have this? I'm suggesting that they have not because this sounds like what we experience when players connect(GPB currently freezes until the player server connection is made)?  :-\

I'm not sure if this is the answer, but it's a thought that maybe worth checking out.  :)

Thank you Piboso for the Bike integration procedural information on your WIKI site(I presume all the info applies to integrating a bike for GPB too?).  ;D 8)

Hawk

h106frp

I think the temp bike overstays its welcome sometimes - on several occasions i have seen a grey blobby bike lapping on-line. Possibly this aspect has a few bugs. It might be nice to try testing a MOD bike with a test very low temp bike overhead and see if this improves things on-line

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on March 31, 2016, 12:12:24 PM
I think the temp bike overstays its welcome sometimes - on several occasions i have seen a grey blobby bike lapping on-line. Possibly this aspect has a few bugs. It might be nice to try testing a MOD bike with a test very low temp bike overhead and see if this improves things on-line

Are you sure your not talking about what appears as a ghost bike when your on track and someone has connected? You'll find that if you PIT-IN to your Garage then next time you come out that riders skin and bike is showing in full, but until you pit, the same bike will look like a ghost-bike.

Hawk.

h106frp

That why im guessing its the temp model - low poly with no texture. If i ever see it again i will try and screenshot  ;)

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on March 31, 2016, 12:24:32 PM
That why im guessing its the temp model - low poly with no texture. If i ever see it again i will try and screenshot  ;)

I'm agreeing with you on that it's probably the low poly version of the bike we see, but I'm also stating the way to get rid of it when you see it is by escaping to the garage and coming back out on track.  :)

Hawk.

h106frp

OK, anybody have a link for the template files? particularly export_script.ini

Blackheart

Quote from: h106frp on March 31, 2016, 03:28:33 PM
OK, anybody have a link for the template files? particularly export_script.ini

Nope  :-\

Blackheart

Boerenlater

Quote from: Blackheart on April 01, 2016, 06:26:26 AM
First test in game  ;D

Great job mate :D
How does it ride? New bike physics or did you copy it from one of the existing ones?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

Quote from: Boerenlater on April 01, 2016, 08:04:11 AM
Great job mate :D
How does it ride? New bike physics or did you copy it from one of the existing ones?

Thx im still working on graphics (textures and shaders), physics is default, I will start to work on it after that the 1p view will be complete.

doubledragoncc

Great lookin ride bro....

Maybe the start of some real Streetbikes. Would be cool to have such a class for racing.

Cant wait to try this.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.