• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:11:19 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta 8 Event 7 Re-Run | Aragonagain |WINNER - MEYER12 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, March 28, 2016, 06:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Meyer#12 on March 30, 2016, 09:20:28 PM
True Nick. That was just bad luck with the 2st pistons, been there done that! But you had great steady pace this race!

I did - piss slow hahahahaa! I was trying to work on my poor consistency which is my main problem in races. When you passed I just let you go and tried not to think about it. Fortunately you had some unfortunate spills that my consistency gave me the advantage.

I only got 2nd by lapping everyone except you, so I should count myself lucky really  ::)

PS the ride-through is investigated, explained and reported in this thread http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2295.msg32381#msg32381
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 30, 2016, 09:25:25 PM
Quote from: Meyer#12 on March 30, 2016, 09:20:28 PM
True Nick. That was just bad luck with the 2st pistons, been there done that! But you had great steady pace this race!

I did - piss slow hahahahaa! I was trying to work on my poor consistency which is my main problem in races. When you passed I just let you go and tried not to think about it. Fortunately you had some unfortunate spills that my consistency gave me the advantage.

I only got 2nd by lapping everyone except you, so I should count myself lucky really  ::)

I sure had some weird crashes and a few stupid once caused by myself. Couldn't get the grips on the first 4-5 laps and also had a runaway bike after running into Albert Antoni that was staying in the middle of the track looking back and looked like he would move and then he didn't so i couldn't avoid him, then bike ranaway down the backstraight for a goddamn minute!! Well that was just bad luck and a race incident, so you really had the win here god damn 2st engines!!

Well don't call it lucky, call it great steady pace Nick! with your steady 1.55-1.56 times and no crashes(?) you managed to pass everyone with a lap, pretty impressive! :)
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Summary of tonights events from my view

"Young rabbit Meyer lets the old broken-legged tortoise have a quick go on the winners sash"
ROFL
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

Lol! Well pretty much it :D and you sure had it if it wasn't for that Faarcking 2ST engines :P
Meyer#12

Hawk

I decided to try the hard tyre on the front for this race but couldn't find any real grip with it, so I gambled with a setup that turned out to make the handling even worse than in Qualy(and that was bad enough!). lol
Anyway I spent most of the race battling severe under-steer on the front and front end washouts. I just could get in any comfort zone at all for this one. I should've stuck with Sundays race setup with the soft front and hard rear. Lol

This track is in for a serious upgrade.... That #10 corner is a lean and hope job. Lol.  A couple of other corners a little dodgy too..... Just too frustrating.  ::)

Congrats to Meyer for the win, and Nick and Grooveski for the podium. I believe it was your first podium Grooveski? Well done mate!  ;D

Really tuff luck Nick on the engine seizure... You didn't borrow that petrol 2 stroke fuel mix from Meyer did you?!  :-X  ;D ;D

Thanks again to Nick and the MMA for always doing a fantastic job in promoting and hosting the OC races. Appreciated.  ;) 8)

Looking forward to Mugello on Sunday!  ;D

Hawk.

Grooveski

Well done Meyer!    ;D
...and Nick.  No luck.  :(  Like everyone else I saw how far ahead you were.  You must have been gutted.

Happy days in this motorhome.  Beer is flowing and I can't wipe the cheesy grin off my face.   :D

Not a great race to be honest.  Pace was down from sunday and I was involved in a bit of a pileup first time through the bus-stop section.
...then it all went pretty well for nearly half the race - was sitting in 2nd for a while then lost it to a recovering Meyer.  Having him come by without all the blue flags was a novelty.   ;D
Then the second half didn't go so well.  Fell off a couple of times - silly wee mistakes .
...and kept expecting someone to come by and steal my podium.  Nerves were building and times were increasing...   :-\

...but everyone else must have been having a real bad day.  :P

Meyer#12

Quote from: Hawk on March 30, 2016, 09:42:18 PM
I decided to try the hard tyre on the front for this race but couldn't find any real grip with it, so I gambled with a setup that turned out to make the handling even worse than in Qualy(and that was bad enough!). lol
Anyway I spent most of the race battling severe under-steer on the front and front end washouts. I just could get in any comfort zone at all for this one. I should've stuck with Sundays race setup with the soft front and hard rear. Lol

This track is in for a serious upgrade.... That #10 corner is a lean and hope job. Lol.  A couple of other corners a little dodgy too..... Just too frustrating.  ::)

Congrats to Meyer for the win, and Nick and Grooveski for the podium. I believe it was your first podium Grooveski? Well done mate!  ;D

Really tuff luck Nick on the engine seizure... You didn't borrow that petrol 2 stroke fuel mix from Meyer did you?!  :-X  ;D ;D

Bad luck with the setup mate!!

Thank you, had a pretty tough race! many mistakes first few laps, then settled down and few crashes in the last 20-ish laps. and good pace around 1.52-1.53 times :)

Haha i think he took the petrol 2 stroke fuel mix he mixed up for me at the Mantorp S80 race when i had the engine seizure at lap 3 :P

And Grooveski! VERY NICE RACE FROM YOU! You did very well and was a pleasure to see you doing so well and steady laps :)

Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Yeh well done Groovy have a beer for me pls!

I could see you struggling there Hawk. On Sunday I had to push so hard to try and catch I kept falling but today it was clear to see you having a hard time. Damn that tyre and setup choice!

Earlier today me and Meyer discussed the engine problem and I changed my gearing specifically to help avoid it going Bang. I had a really nice race setup (for me) which wasn't as fast as Sunday but a lot easier and consistent to ride. I will have to blame Alex Barros. 2 engine failures under his colour-scheme. Next time I make my own skin ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 30, 2016, 10:02:42 PM
Yeh well done Groovy have a beer for me pls!

I could see you struggling there Hawk. On Sunday I had to push so hard to try and catch I kept falling but today it was clear to see you having a hard time. Damn that tyre and setup choice!

Earlier today me and Meyer discussed the engine problem and I changed my gearing specifically to help avoid it going Bang. I had a really nice race setup (for me) which wasn't as fast as Sunday but a lot easier and consistent to ride. I will have to blame Alex Barros. 2 engine failures under his colour-scheme. Next time I make my own skin ;)

Lol... Yeah, I was struggling big time with my setup tonight, but it happens when gambles are taken. I should've known better really. Hehe

I'm wondering if you watch the replay back of your race in 1st person view to see if and were you may have over-revved the engine too much over the length of the race. If it turns out you didn't damage the engine through over-revving then I suspect something is not right somewhere.

I've noticed there are a few riders who tend to regularly blow the 2 stroke engine, but I suspect in those cases it's due to riding the 2 stroke like they ride the 4 stroke. But in your case I'm sure you don't have the habit of blowing engines, so I would be interested to know what could have caused it. In fact I think I'll also watch the replay back of you in first person mode and see if I can spot anything. Just wondering too if you noticed that yellow warning light on that indicates a high engine temp, or maybe even indicates engine wear(not certain what it's for really?).

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Yes I usually pride myself on not being an engine breaker. I think most times it is caused by downshifting too fast and having the tacho needle hard against the stops during deceleration.  I do remember early in the race a double accidental downshift either from button bounce or nervous pinkie which may have added up to an overall 'failure' limit.

I assume the yellow light is a temperature warning I think I tested that before on the grid somewhere. 

I am sure it was my own fault (or others would have the same issue) but I don't know why and that is the annoying bit. Lemme know if you see anything  ;)

Napalm Nick

Never noticed this before but if you watch the replays in Rear Wheel view you can hear the knee sliders really good hehe.

Warlock

Congrats all  :)

Nick, all blown engines i've seen in GPB 2T  are from too fast downshifting.  Stop the bike with brakes not with the engine  ;D

doubledragoncc

Ive found to get rid of the stupid bits of legs in rear wheel view just alter the 3rd setting for the camera for the rear wheel position to around -0.55 to bring the cam past the leg, makes it so much more enjoyable to watch. Same on other bikes in camera.cfg.

Varese camera cfg for rear wheel cam:    position = -0.23, 0.65, -0.55

I dont think it effects online bike mismatch???

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Nice find DD. I don't know if it mismatches maybe we can try it on the MotoGeePee.  ;)