• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:42:59 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Constant Core.exe

Started by dareaper46, April 01, 2016, 10:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on April 04, 2016, 03:41:46 PM
I wonder if Blenders mesh 'clean up' tools could fix the problems automatically ? It has a routine for detecting holes in a mesh and repairing them automatically.

https://www.blender.org/manual/modeling/meshes/cleanup.html#fill-holes

Trouble is that it's not "holes" your looking for, it's gaps in between two separate scene objects. I've not heard of a tool that can detect and close gaps as yet. It's not something that you'd usually have to worry about if they were modelled from scratch, it's usually when a track has been ripped that you end up with loads of gaps in between the scene objects, and some of the gaps can be so small that to find them all wouldn't be viable. It gets to a point were you might as well rebuild the track from scratch.  :)

Hawk.

h106frp

Ok, i understand the problem now - it would indeed need to be track tools or error trapping.

HornetMaX

The blender thingy sounds like the winner here.

h106frp

From Hawks description it seem the track surface and track edge are separate 3D objects butted up together. The blender tool could fix the object OK but not the seam between them, they are separate vertices with the same co-ordinates (or should be  ;)  ) I guess this is what causes the problem, especially on turns where they have become slightly offset, it probably only takes a tiny error to cause a problem. By default the fbx2edf tools merges vertices within 0.0001m, any greater and they are treated as separate.

Grooveski

In Lightwave the tool is called Merge Points(in Max it's Weld Vertices/Edges) but they only work if all the required points are actally there.

For the curious, here's a guide I wrote a while ago for Seby(who'd never used a 3d package before so it was all step-by-step) of some of the procedures I used most.
The Final Welding chapter shows the Merge Point tool in use and on pages 25 and 38 there are examples of manual welding.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9z1nn2qv8hutzbb/Track_Editing_Guide.pdf?dl=0

We had the same kind of problems in GP500.  Unwelded areas caused dark patches in the game like shadows and gaps caused instant offs and the dreaded 'invisible wall' syndrome...
...so welding was a big deal.

Grooveski

To show the scale of the problem on some models, a quick before-and-after of Aragon.   It was obviousy built for a game where you could be a bit lax with the welding.

Welded.

dareaper46

I don't really know what to do anymore. I am getting a core.exe every lap or 2. So this game is literally useless to me. I really love the game but at this stage I don't really care if another company or someone else comes along and does it better than piboso. I just want to play a properly working game that I can enjoy. I really do hope that IOM TT game will be very good and/or that someone else really invests into making a proper bike sim.

Waiting another 8 months for changes to lap timings and name tags, and pink tyre smoke is not worth it anymore for me. And I know not everyone is getting the same core.exe crashes as everyone else, but to have a WORKING product is quite vital when trying to make money of it.

doubledragoncc

Hi dareaper,

I get a lot of core crashes too and if I am on a MOD track and hit a hole in the mesh of the track edge or whereever ther may be one then GPB crashes, it is the track and NOT GPB that is at error. Poor Hawk is doing his best to fix all the tracks as quickly as he can but it is much work.

It has come to the situation that I now OVER INSTALL beta8 once a week to stop a lot of crashes!!! That means I simply re install GPB WITHOUT removing the old copy. This is fine even if MODS are installed they stay, but if you edited your gpbikes.ini or other files, you will need to re-edit them.

It is a pain but it keeps my GPB more stable and I dont edit much in gpbikes.ini except graphics and replay buffer, just keep a copy safe and copy n paste it whe you OVER INSTALL.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

dareaper46

I tried everything DD. That is the thing. I am using Stock Bikes with Stock Track. And I still get core.exe. I must admit when using Mod Tracks the cores occur way more just when crashing and touching the line between grass and track.

I re-installed and over-installed and removed Mods and added mods. Nothing seems to work. :/.

dareaper46

April 19, 2016, 10:59:10 AM #24 Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:28:10 AM by dareaper46
Oh and DD, could you copy and paste your entries you have in gpbikes.ini please? I also just changed textures and shadows and replay buffer AFTER you guys suggested it with no success.

MXBikes works for hours on end with no core.exe's.

-aGy-

we need good track makers not bad ones. and when track is released and has core.exe crash dont released it..piboso dont put it on your record list!!!i mean if you want to make a track make it properly!!!if its not the game it is the track makers!

doubledragoncc

HA.............

I did an overinstall and never re edited my gpbike ini file dude it is standard lol.

I will do it and post here lol. I will test it before posting

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

janaucarre

What happens for track modders when they try their track and they don't have corexe?

doubledragoncc

They get a bag of gummi bears Jana lol

People need to understand GPB is unstable and what works on one computer may NOT work on another, real simple.

DD

Hawk

Quote from: -aGy- on April 19, 2016, 11:28:04 AM
we need good track makers not bad ones. and when track is released and has core.exe crash dont released it..piboso dont put it on your record list!!!i mean if you want to make a track make it properly!!!if its not the game it is the track makers!

It's not just problems with tracks that cause core.exe issues..... ::)

Plus most of the tracks are still work-in-progress(WIP); track modders are not employed by Piboso to create tracks for GPB and can only work on them when time allows in their spare times. As a result of this tracks are often left not updated for long periods of time, but they are in a useable state.... Some are good and should not be an issue towards the Core.exe problem. But you have to understand that they are still in WIP status for most of them.

Asking Piboso not to release them? Lol........ Piboso has nothing to do with what community trackmods are released; that is up to us, the community,  to organise.

Bottom line is - Do you want a good selection of tracks in the database that are useable but still a work in progress, or do you want 3 or 4 tracks that we can probably say are good enough not to contribute to the core.exe issue?

For gods sake don't start taking your frustrations out on the few people who give their time and skills freely to help make GPB a better experience or we're soon going to end up with none! :o ::)

Hawk.