• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:13:35 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta 8 Event 8 ReRun + more bikes| Vin rouge | WINNER - SUPER TARANTA | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, April 05, 2016, 11:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grooveski

Congratulations Super Taranta!
..and finpower and Toomes for the podiums.
...and no luck Vin.   :(

Well, didn't make it without crashing or being lapped.
Did have a better race than sunday though.  Times were better, was calmer and only had a few wonky laps.

Sorry Boerenlater for the first lap shunt.  I thought you were going quicker and by the time I realised otherwise it was too late.   :-[
On the plus side, checked the Aragon replay and it wasn't me that took out DD after all so that's the first time I've been the cause of any first lap grief.
(Not that that's any comfort to Boer, but it is to me a little).

Spent a lot of the race sitting in 6th then had a silly spill and lost a place.  >:(
Then nearly took out someone who'd just lapped me along the straight when I totaly lost it into turn one.  Got into a huge braking shimmy and it's just as well the other guy took a wide entry line or it'd have been the doghouse for me again.  Wobbled round in the sand so wasn't really a crash, sure had all the makings of one though.

...but yeah - felt like progress, so happy face.  :)

Is there any chance someone could chop down the replay to just the race please?  I can't open that one(core).  All the others are loading fine so I'm guessing it's the size.  :-\

See you all next time out.
:)

Blackheart

Quote from: Grooveski on April 06, 2016, 11:24:07 PM
Then nearly took out someone who'd just lapped me along the straight when I totaly lost it into turn one.  Got into a huge braking shimmy and it's just as well the other guy took a wide entry line or it'd have been the doghouse for me again. 

I was  ;D I braked early thinking that you wanted to try to overtake me. I have not looked back, to avoid further fpsdrop  :-\

Unfortunately I had framerate issues for the entire race, even when I was alone, in the second half of the race I was very fast, and I could recover many positions, too bad for the 2 bugs  :'(

Anyway fun race, I had little attention in the early laps  :P

Grooveski

Quote from: Blackheart on April 07, 2016, 12:12:38 AM
I was  ;D I braked early thinking that you wanted to try to overtake me.

Trying to pass you again? - that's a laugh. I was still all pleased that I hadn't got in your way moments beforehand.
Think I may even have braked early because I'd snuck in behind you and didn't want to do anything silly, then it all went horribly wrong and I had to back off.
That was about as out of control as I've been and saved it(ish).  If there was a rider animation for being dragged alongside the bike Mamola-style that's what you'd have been seeing as I passed you heading for the kitty litter.   ;D

Napalm Nick

Replay - you will need to match your replay buffer to its size - so a minimum setting of 1000. This is one of those tracks again that is difficult to record because the server will not run it with a replay setting >1000 and in this case 1Gb was only just enough!

I will try to chop it later too
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Well Nick I think that GPB is screwing with you as my replay from last race at Mugello was only 260MB!!! It seems that GPB can not decide what it wants to do with replays. I had to set my buffer to 410MB or I got a crash trying to get onto imola and mugello!!!

NOW I get Bike Mismatch with stock 990 and 500????

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Yeh weird. It is mocking us. The server replay of course has all the replay from start of practice to end of race but I wouldn't expect it to be any more than double your size. I dunno. But yeh Mugello on my games PC I just removed all the CORE entries to get on lol. On the server it had to be down below 1000

Try making a new BIKES folder with just the GP15 in (BikeMod one) and, assuming your BIKES.pkz is still default, that might tell us more about the problem?.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Boerenlater

Had a good start was able to avoid the first corner mayhem and going well until a couple of corners later someone literally rammed me from behind while I was braking and I had to watch the whole field passing so I was dead last. After another lap I just gave up.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

Sh*t certainly happens! I fell at corner two for some unknown reason from 1st or 2nd I forget.
2 minutes later I was allowed to respawn. Someone had swopped out my bike for a local bull complete with horns, which I spent the next two laps trying to tell who was the boss.

It wouldn't listen and I got lapped by everyone. I still didn't rage quit but retired to watch the race while phoning a veterinarian to come and look at the enraged frothing bull.

Then I cored out of even that last vestiment of fun. I drew a button on paper entited "rage-quit" and poked it repeatedly so I could have the last laugh.

Conclusion - balls to this.

Napalm Nick

Sorry but the replay file canot be split by me. Seems replays in Beta 8 are sometimes a misnomer  ::)