• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

IASystems Hs2 StreetFighter system

Started by doubledragoncc, March 15, 2016, 09:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Hi guys.

So l have finally started building the new Hs2 StreetFighter system for Darin at InsideSimRacing TV.

It kinda broke my heart to basically destroy the finished Hs1 I had built for them pictured below.

As it was fully tested and ready to ship I took a deep breath and tore it apart........... :'( :'( :'(

WHY you ask do it, well.................I have finished the designing and 3D printing of the new parts for the Hs2 StreetFighter system!!! WooHoo I am back on track.

After losing ALL my designs and most of 25 years of pics, designs and docs over Christmas when my WIN10 decided to eat my backup drive instead of backing up to another drive and destroyed 2TB of data!!! I had no choice but to start again and decided to re-design everything!!!

See this big ass box in the pic below.................

Its GONE baby....................out the door wit that shit booyah!

Now the Hs2 has all the handlebar control MTE units ONBOARD!!! right on the bars.

Total saving of 60% space needed for the system, less weight, less shipping cost and less furking around for lil ol me.

These are quick pics as I just finished the primary build and will now make the new wiring loom and replace all the cheap hardware with nice pretty anodized Allen bolts and shit.
Also made some 3D logos for my brand and InsideSimRacing.

Love this 3D printin shit it rocks.

Well I thought I would show you the latest as I know some of you are interested. I hope to have the Hs2 unit finished this week and start testing it in the GPBOC races.

Laters peeps

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Meyer#12

WOW MATE!! LOOKS AWESOME!!!! I WANT ONE!
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

These were terrible pics and just literally put it together lol. Will look a LOT better in a day or three.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Meyer#12

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 15, 2016, 10:00:51 PM
These were terrible pics and just literally put it together lol. Will look a LOT better in a day or three.

DD

I still need one! DAMN! that would be awesome!
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

I now have old stock of MTE units I may even make DIY kits to bring cost down as they are not cheap to build and take a LOT of hours even though they look simple. The challenge was in making it simple and not over complicating the whole point of the systems. They are made to work, just that simple lol.

DD

Meyer#12

Sounds cool. Wish i was as technical and handy that i could make it myself too.
Meyer#12

matty0l215

Looking good mate! Really looking like a finished product ;D Great work.

And im impressed that inside sim racing is still going :P  i'll wait to see their review ;) (i stopped watching after the first lady left...) ;)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Wow! Very nice work DD!! Looks a lot more compact now that big box has gone.... I'm certainly gonna have to get myself one of these before too long mate. Great work mate.... Keep it up!  ;D ;D 8) 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Thanks guys but those are really shitty pics and it aint finished lol. It was just after primary build to get cables the right length. You cant see the carbon look face like in the ISR logo pic. Been playing with different material mixes. I could make them look far better, its all about the cost. I custom build for each customer so this is just the standard parts.

I want to also have a set of clocks or digital dash to cover the steering plate that actually works with games too. Have to talk to Leo about it as he can custom make any thing I need.

I also want to keep the size down so it can be transported easy if you want to go somewhere and LAN race with others.

DD

doubledragoncc

So with all this online racing I have neglected my work lol. Been fun but I need to get ISR's system finished.

Well, it is going slow as it has not been easy having to start over from nothing but the few drawings I had and a good memory of my designs. I am looking at it as a good thing losing the designs as it pushed me in a corner and I came out fighting.

Heres a few picks of the latest 3D MTE units as I decided to re design again from the pics above. Basically, I was not happy with the angle of the cables for the Front Brake and Clutch so I just added an angle to the cable adjuster mount and all components for cable connection.

As you can see it is not much of an angle but all 3 MTE units had to be redesigned and printed to do it. The result is not just cleaner to look at but better for cable wear and fitment.

Heres the 3 new MTE units before fitting to the handlebar back plate to calculate the potentiometer wiring harness.

I have now strength tested the handlebar back plate design and welded and painted it for further fitting of other components. The 3 MTE units are now awaiting the new wiring harness to the Bu0836 USB board this weekend once the finished new lightweight desktop frame is fully ready for strength testing.

Heres the new lightweight desktop frame before fitting of SPSS unit and strength testing. This unit is HALF the size of the Hs1 I had already built for ISR.

Well I need some grub and a coffee break so catch you guys on the flip side.

DD

Hawk

You've got some great work going there DD... I hope your going to post some pics of the complete assembly when it's done?  ;D 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

nah why show it finished. l wanna keep it to meself lol.

Thanks for the kind words bro.

DD

Napalm Nick

Lookin good !

Purely out of interest and not knowing nowt about 3d printing materials how strong/durable are those gear teeth? I mean as strong as steel, kevlar, plastic, butter etc ?

Cheers !keep it up! Dont let it get in the way of your racing. And a pic next to a metal rule for scale would be nice, er and maybe some blueprints  :P
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Would you ever be interested in selling just the control systems without the frame but with plans so people could custom weld a frame?

I can weld stainless (and hopefully ally soon ;D) and I'd be interested in seeing how strong it would be and at what cost :)

Matty :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Meyer#12

Looks great mate!! I'll take one please lol!

Great work mate, looking forward to see the finished product
Meyer#12