• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:30:25 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

IASystems Hs2 StreetFighter system

Started by doubledragoncc, March 15, 2016, 09:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Hi bro, great to hear your using it. I really look forward to seeing a vid.

Big hug atya brother

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

HI guys, sooooooooooooo..........................

So after yet another new wire feeder(number 3 in 2 weeks) for the welder I got the new SPSS lightweight tower done. You can see that the bars are further away from the table top due to needing space for the Onboard MTE units for the Hs2 systems.

Above you can see the new system and the old MTE box that is no longer needed and making the Hs2 half as large as the Hs1.

Hs2 SPSS Tower ready to fit the Handlebar and MTE Plate.

Hs2 SPSS Tower and MTE Plate

It takes up so much less space, is cleaner and easier to move. Note new "KNOB" for mounting bolt so no tools needed.

Well I should be working out the new wiring loom and mounting of the BU0836 control board tonight.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

Nice work DD ;D

Any chance of seeing it fully assembled?

Or haven't you got that far ;) :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

Seriously dude........................did you not realize that is as I am building it lol. Those pics are from today.

I am using my Hs1 at the moment. This is for the ISR show in USA.

I am so busy trying to get videos done I got no time left to work on it lol.......... just kidin, I have to weld in my flat and have to make sure the others are out lol and the bloody wire feed sucks!!! I am in no rush, I like to check everything 3 times and then normally change it all anyways lol.

Dont worry you will see it finished and full video too.

DD

190mins to Meyer vs Manu video upload lol

grimm

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 10, 2016, 06:06:41 PMI have to weld in my flat and have to make sure the others are out lol and the bloody wire feed sucks!!!

Sounds like the wire speed is being effected by the fact you are using a standard wall outlet voltage, thus drawing from everything on that circuit. You may have to crank up the wire speed (or shut down any other electrical draw on the system that you can) to get decent flat welds. I'm no metallurgist, but I know enough to now something about metallurgy, and more yet, welding with a shitty 115v welder that cost me $50 at an estate sale. I've since (that was over a decade ago) moved up to a 220v with argon shielding gas and a nice smooth single circuit for the welder itself. Makes all the difference.

I could be totally wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time. lol

doubledragoncc

Thanks for the advice Grimm but it is a defective product problem, 1st one was defective motor, 2nd replacement turned up with a seized motor so now got the 3rd one and speed seems MUCH better.

DD

matty0l215

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 10, 2016, 06:06:41 PM
Seriously dude........................did you not realize that is as I am building it lol. Those pics are from today.

I am using my Hs1 at the moment. This is for the ISR show in USA.

I am so busy trying to get videos done I got no time left to work on it lol.......... just kidin, I have to weld in my flat and have to make sure the others are out lol and the bloody wire feed sucks!!! I am in no rush, I like to check everything 3 times and then normally change it all anyways lol.

Dont worry you will see it finished and full video too.

DD

190mins to Meyer vs Manu video upload lol

Haha sorry mate. I tought ths one worked with as an upgrade to the old system but its quite clear that its not :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

It is too much work to just be an upgrade as this one used the BU0836NC board which is where all wires are soldered to the board. I have to shorten the whole cable loom so its quite a bit of work. I had to re design as I lost all backup and original files over Christmas!!!

I NEVER rush my work lol

DD

doubledragoncc

Hi again,

Just tac welded the new lightweight foot control frame for ISRTV. Will get to finish welding and preliminary fitment of control units once I have finished the wiring for the handlebars.

This is with the footbar at its lowest setting for riding on the couch.

This is with the footbar at its highest for riding on a stool. It is lower than on a real bike btw.

The footbar can be removed from the desktop set frame and mounted on my full sit-on frame units.

All parts are modular to allow for upgrading.

As soon as I can afford it I will build a set for Piboso so he can try them and maybe help with control input for such devices, although I find his controller input almost perfect.

DD

doubledragoncc

HI, here is the latest update.

I just finished preliminary fitment of main controls to the frames. Angled cable adjusters are so much better. The system is now much more compact and weighs less. Just cutting the foot controls 50mm in one dimension saves £30 in shipping!!! The complete handlebar system can be picked up with just one finger!!! It has been a challenge to make it this compact and I am glad I lost the original designs or I may not have done this for a while yet.

Here's some pics from today's work:

Well back to the grind. Next up is new wiring and mounting the BU0836 on the desktop frame.

DD

doubledragoncc

Hi again,

So today I printed up a new cable guide for under the bars to clean things up a bit. I also painted the new badges with the IAS logo and InsideSimRacing logo. I made the design on the old logo as it is better to make in 3D and then print and paint.

I think this is quite a clean look and hope it is okay for Darin, he did said he liked the black bars. This is my standard set up, I need to find black handlebar risers though.

I think I have managed to keep it as clean as possible for such a system. It is so much better to have all the main parts on the handlebars to keep it compact. I am going to try and see if I can also locate the BU0836 control board here too lol. I am my worst enemy for not making things easy on me lol.

And finally the custom badge for Darin.

I decided on the carbon look instead of plain color. So need to fit the new Vishay P260 potentiometers and make it all look pretty, then its time to re-test that it all works fine before moving ahead with the foot controls(again).

DD

Hawk

Looking really VERY nice DD!  ;D 8)

Superb!  ;D

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Thanks Hawky

Still lots to do. It is hard NOT doing what I want to do because of cost. Trying to make something as cheap as possible yet reliable and clean aint easy.

DD

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 15, 2016, 10:40:48 AM
Thanks Hawky

Still lots to do. It is hard NOT doing what I want to do because of cost. Trying to make something as cheap as possible yet reliable and clean aint easy.

DD

Yeah, I can imagine DD..... But for sure it looks well made and robust, as well as looking great to boot(as they say)!   ;D

Hawk.

John545

This looks amazing, I bet using one of these with the oculus rift would be incredible!