• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:59:06 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

LCD, Analog gauge and 1p view camera!

Started by Blackheart, April 23, 2016, 09:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

April 23, 2016, 09:47:48 AM Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:49:46 AM by Blackheart
LCD

I need to create an LCD that indicates the speed and gear, but I have not figured out how to do, I created a texture called "lcd" took the coordinates from photoshop and tried to use the fonts of a default bike (are just black images?  ???) but i see nothing.

Anyone can pass a test files or explain how to do it the easy way?

Analog gauge

Same problem above and;

Quotegauges
   {
      scene = 0
      rpm_analog
      {
         enable = 1
         needle = rpmneedle
         axis = y-
         step0value = 5000
         step0angle = 0
         step1value = 17000
         step1angle = -225

Scene? I've to create the needle? where are the coordinates? what are the steps? I do not understand anything!  ;D ;D ;D

Camera

Where i can change the position of the 1p view camera?

Help me pls!  :-[

h106frp

Camera is set in the geom file, its the rider view ones

needle=rpmneedle; rpmneedle should be the 3D object name

axis=y-; should be the same as the local axis of the needle object i.e. it should match the inclination of the dial so rotate objects carefully, its also the direction it rotates in. Once dorrect it should rotate in your 3D app the same way. Angles and values just set the rpm start/stop equivalent in degrees

your texture name in 3D app, texture tga name and declaration in .cfg all need to be the same - again the local co-ords need to be 'plane' to the draw surface

Blackheart

h106frp

Blackheart

Very useful to see the proper orientation of the axes, in my first attempt, the needle moved on the contrary  ;D

for the LCD I still have doubts, perhaps now I think only to analog instruments  ;D

Blackheart

Guys can u make a list with analog instruments supported by gbp? I know the rpm and water temp.

And above all, how to create a lcd onboard for speed and gear?

h106frp

oil pressure has been mentioned but you will need to experiment to find 'names'

Blackheart

Quote from: h106frp on April 26, 2016, 07:58:23 PM
oil pressure has been mentioned but you will need to experiment to find 'names'

Need a bike with this  ;D

h106frp

Check your PM  :)

The key is probably oil_analog, oilpressure_analog or oil_analog  ... you get the idea  ;)