• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:39:34 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Beta 8 Event 13 | The Big One | MotoGP | COMPLETE| WINNER - TOMMASO

Started by Napalm Nick, May 26, 2016, 09:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Need a server with clear rules. Its boring waste time for stupid decisions with no motivation.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on May 29, 2016, 08:58:23 PM
hmm, honestly i dont get the chat thing, just dont look there, never been distracted by it.
but ok not important

maybe an option to disable chat when you are on track would be nice so that the ones who are not distracted can keep reading it on the straight or something.

If only a few people get distracted by the chat during a race then to be fair chat should not be allowed at all during qualy or race, so I totally agree with Meyer on that point, and besides if you want to chat you can use the private chat feature on GPB: "/#[bike-number]" so that you don't distract other riders while they are racing.  ;)
To be honest I would server kick anyone who openly used the chat facility during qualy or a race sessions without question. Lines have to be drawn without exceptions so everyone knows where they stand and what will happen if they cross that line.  :)

@Blacky: The rules have always been there if you'd care to read through them.  :)

Hawk.

Vini

i dont get it. there is an option to disable it so????

better being able to communicate with the admin and figure out the best thing to do QUICKLY than losing 2/3 of the grid like this race

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on May 29, 2016, 09:09:02 PM
just turn it off before you go to the track

because otherwise the decisions are all on the admin and he doesn't really know what the riders want until after the race, as was the case here.

But that's the point Vin.... Restarts are not a riders decision to make, it's an admin decision and rightly so, otherwise like many times we get idiots chatting away when a race has started asking for restarts.  That is why it's totally an admins decision to restart a race or not.  :)

You can still use the private chat feature. That way you can chat without disturbing the riders

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Nothing worse than a bunch of Allen Carr's popping up when you're trying to concentrate... i would turn chat off but don't want to miss any important info.. all fine in practice sessions though!

Vini

ok, if you want we can continue like this, only having a third of the grid finish the race, fine

can we then at least have a rule that restarts are ok as long as it's still the first lap (which was the case here)?

Toomes1

The only reason I left the race was core exe on the starting grind of all places..... After trying to fix internet all day then being able to use the hotspot on my phone," I feel pretty pissed after that bad luck. Sorry to the guys that l distracted when l re connected thought just by the of chance race had been restarted.... Good racing from replay guys.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on May 29, 2016, 09:26:57 PM
ok, if you want we can continue like this, only having a third of the grid finish the race, fine

Is that unusual? Lol  ;D
I mean we get so many riders rage quitting never mind the core.exe's. Rage quitters need to be hung up by their balls! Lol. What I'm saying is that at least if you get cored then you have a good excuse right rather than those that just quit.  ::)

But as I said, if you want to chat then use private chat so you don't disturb the riders.
As far as restarts being an admins decision - don't you think that is right? I mean you wouldn't expect MotoGP riders to tell the race director to restart the race just because ROSSI and Marquez fell off at the first corner now would you???  So why expect to do it in GPB??  ::)

Hawk.

Blackheart

Quote from: vin97 on May 29, 2016, 09:26:57 PM

can we then at least have a rule that restarts are ok as long as it's still the first lap (which was the case here)?

A third? look the ranking  ;D

8 left and just 10 started... "too late;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Napalm Nick

3 points there.

1. NO chat rule was brought in because lots of people wanted it BECAUSE THEY FIND IT DISTRACTING.  :o
2. The admin is boss and makes the decisions - otherwise chaos rules - sometimes those decisions will help you sometimes they will fuck you but either way people have to take it on the chin. (strangely it also says this in the club rules page and agreement is a condition of joining in). Quite clear really
3. Restarts here are for Jump Starts only. Maybe cores IF the admin notices.

We don't have a dedicated spectating admin every race, normally it is me trying to also race so I throw my start away (Matty often just starts from the back so he doesn't get in the way) and when we see a clean start (no jumps) then we can get back concentrating.

But these are the rules of our 'club' races built on the experience of all the championships and races of the last year or so and old hands suggestions. They aren't willy nilly niceties and before anyone questions them they should think maybe they are for a reason.

Anyway those are the rules here, outside of this club people can put on any races they like with whatever rules they like. But wait, no one will, will they , they will just sit about going "I wish there was some races  :'(" like BEFORE!

Bottom line:
If you don't like the way it is run stay away.
We would be more than happy to come to anyone elses perfect servers and perfect races so we can learn how to do it.
Don't moan here, suggestions are fine, but moaning and blaming and sulking and ranting? F.OFF lol.

Blackheart - you just cannot help yourself can you.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"