• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Some wishes

Started by Reactive, January 29, 2014, 10:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poll requires the question... so what do you think about my wishes?

Brilliant ideas
4 (66.7%)
Awesome wishes
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Reactive

January 29, 2014, 10:32:36 AM Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 11:00:40 PM by Reactive
locked (unlicensed) Beta:
lets the Murasama or Varese will be avaible for rididng, lets say, 720 mins (12 hours) with timer. People can feel what they will get in full version.

MapEd:
Control points for curves (like working with Bezier curves in any 3d/2d program)
Counter for segments
Ability to move the points separatly (i mean ability to edit  point somewhere in the middle of the track, not only last point)
working with objects: change controls to be similar in 3dMax as W (move), E (rotate), R (scale)

Change hotkey Z to MMB (mid mouse button) *
Change RightCtrl (hold) to RMB in all modes in all programs (trackeditor and maped) *
* or make ability to relocate the controls

Little utility like MapViewer but for bikes, may be also Rider viewer (or select button it one program). Button [Reload] for force reloading the model and textures.

For PaintEd, MapEd and MapViewer:
function Open Recent

Lets name it "LowSpeed stability". On the speed less than, for example, 10 km/h (or while using Low Speed buttons I and K) motorcycle must be much more stable including must be able turn 180 degrees in the circle 8-10 m.

Headlights and taillights. We shall come to road/street bikes earlier or later, so the models must be prepared. But i guess its somewhere in progress because people asking for night races.

In showroom game may use 360 Panorama as background, so players can use their own locations. Simply a sphere around player and bike, textured by this panorama.

BIG changes:
— "Asset library" like in all another game engines (you know it good and for modders, and for users — decrease size, increase speed).
— Ragdoll animation for rider, even Milestone became use it!
— Pivots and Hierarchy, export bike model as one file
for example, thats how it were realised in GTA SanAndreas:
(chassis_vlo is LevelOfDetail object for long distances (far view), shadow is invisible model for faster calculating of the shadow)

Also i would like to see graphic improvements, such as Sun and lens effects; front and tail lights and lens effects; distance fog (adjustable for different specs PCs); glow; blur; ambient occlusion; HDR.

Anyway i request detailed tutorial How to use different shaders on the bike and on the track. With downloadable examples.
* had found some pages, how helpful are they?

! I understand it may be not in first priority, but lets face it — graphic wich looks like from ten years ago can make people cry  :'(
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

HornetMaX

Quote from: Reactive on January 29, 2014, 10:32:36 AM
locked (unlicensed) Beta:
lets the Murasama or Varese will be avaible for rididng, lets say, 720 mins (12 hours) with timer. People can feel what they will get in full version.
That may make sense. I'd say maybe the 12hrs limit is not the right one ... maybe something like allow just the lap off the pits, as soon as you cross the finish line, you're sent back to pits.

Quote from: Reactive on January 29, 2014, 10:32:36 AM
Also i would like to see graphic improvements, such as Sun and lens effects; front and tail lights and lens effects; distance fog (adjustable for different specs PCs); glow; blur; ambient occlusion; HDR.
That would be nice, but it's sort of eye candy so it's maybe low priority.

I can't comment on all the 3d stuff as I have no experience with it.

MaX.

P.S.
What sort of poll is this one ?! Do you live in a country under dictatorship ? :)

Arvoss

Quote from: Reactive on February 02, 2014, 06:18:47 PM
QuoteWhat sort of poll is this one

IDUNNOLOL, but i like you like it!

Is Reactive funny? No or no.  :P

HornetMaX

janaucarre

One antoher wishes is to know what are the limits of a square wich can contains the biggest track(like IOM).

Reactive

May 31, 2016, 11:52:11 PM #5 Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:01:25 AM by Reactive
Few ideas about GUI:
(I`ll add any description later if there will be request, just wanna sleep now :) )

Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

Hawk

Looks a sensible layout to me mate.  ;D

The only thing I would do if it's possible is experiment on brightening-up the GUI with different background and colours.... The current default colour scheme is, what can I say? Dull?  :-\

Hawk.

RiccoChicco

I was thinking a week ago about make an eye candy GUI, since I want to learn Illustrator. I'm currently very very busy with my studies, but I should be done with it in a week or two, so I'll have a lot of time to kill  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: RiccoChicco on June 01, 2016, 10:50:58 AM
I was thinking a week ago about make an eye candy GUI, since I want to learn Illustrator. I'm currently very very busy with my studies, but I should be done with it in a week or two, so I'll have a lot of time to kill  ;D

Sounds promising Ricco! I look forward to see what you can come up with!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Reactive

ohkay... After doing some painting again and looking at different GUIs in another games, Im absolutely sure that game need 3D environment. Including the keeping in mind that GUI might be changed, some options might be moved to another pages and so on. In case of 2D, GUI will also have style of icons, so they always must be in actual condition. And may create unexpected problems (broken link if moved)  Overall this is plus one brain pain for developer.
On another hand the 3D location. Cheap solution and looking rich. One simple scene from developer and let people create/install their own scenes if they want. Loopable .wav for background sound would be great, i think.

iVolution

Looks like a big improvement! Great job on the concepts