• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Beta 8 - GP80 - "Bernat Martinez 76 Cup Race" | COMPLETE | WINNER - LOOPATELI

Started by doubledragoncc, June 15, 2016, 08:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Nice I was gonna ask you for that setup. Now me and Emma can play.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I was testing kart and scooter tracks, sorry but all are far too small for anyone wanting to learn online which is part of the reason for the server and they are too tight to really enjoy. For racing it would mean many crashes and that is no fun for others.

I have put up Tsukuba V1.2 as it is small, simple but fun. It is not NDS but seems stable even offline so maybe okay to use. It is bumpy but thats some tracks IRL.

Its just to see what folks think.

I personally want a small bike race on Imola as it is fun with these but most dont like long tracks, funny as Moto3 uses same tracks as MotoGP and I thought GPB was about realism!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Had a few laps with each. Each lap could be improved but same settings on each as close as possible and a few laps to get the general overview.

Pretty much as suspected. Also:
Add to that the S80s use a lot less fuel (1/3rd) and the advantage that will give for fuel load
The S80s use correct grip levels but the bikes are still very good

So as they stand not much point racing them together  ;)

PS: I have no issue with long tracks for the 80s.  Imola/Monza whatever bring it on! Getting these things round fast takes a special style and skill probably more precise than the bigger bikes. Big 4 strokes pffff borrring lol.

doubledragoncc

Thanks for the info Nick. I think we should still wait and see what the guys do with the new release and if folks only ride the faster bike its up to them. The challenge is in the riding skill speed alone aint the winner. I know many will comment but who cares it just for fun.

Might help the guys sort out the GP80 if they can test against the S80 too.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

LOOPATELI

doubledragoncc

Yes Loopa and I will not use it for bikes m8 sorry it is too tight to be fun and the server is for bikes not scooters and karts sorry

DD

JorgeNsr

June 21, 2016, 01:14:46 AM #52 Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 01:22:24 AM by jorgensr
Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 20, 2016, 01:05:47 PM
I was testing kart and scooter tracks, sorry but all are far too small for anyone wanting to learn online which is part of the reason for the server and they are too tight to really enjoy. For racing it would mean many crashes and that is no fun for others.

I have put up Tsukuba V1.2 as it is small, simple but fun. It is not NDS but seems stable even offline so maybe okay to use. It is bumpy but thats some tracks IRL.

Its just to see what folks think.

I personally want a small bike race on Imola as it is fun with these but most dont like long tracks, funny as Moto3 uses same tracks as MotoGP and I thought GPB was about realism!!!

DD

Hi mate

This bike are dessigned for small tracks, here in the game and in reallity...this bikes have only 28hp in the best condition... (normally 23hp, whit a lot hours of hand made work)...28 hp in 80cc its a engine of 40 min...all engine will be need repair after 40 min...its so close than a prototype engine but whit a production base.
I mean, this bikes its for kids, whit 40kg of wheight...and twelve years old max...the reaction and the inertia of the engine and bike its fast for smalls tracks, trust me...here in spain we know about little bikes, its a culture here, and never see a similar bike on a long track...maybe albacete on territorial championship...cheste..jerez...becouse whit 12 years old kids on bike...even so the bike not good feeling in those layouts....Meyer can say about little bikes, he knows to perfection this engines...he was a rider on 125cc class and he know the spain bikes becouse he make some races on spain...
DD take calm, try to make some laps on scooter tracks, whit 80cc bikes...(althought Tsukuba its a good layout for 80cc) and take feeling.......this bike was developed on small tracks conditions...lonato was the practice track for make this bike....just need take feeling...zuera its a perfect track for this bikes....in a real live zuera its big track for 80cc bikes (look some videos on youtube)...i know this layout,  i`ve gone too many times whit my bike (80 cc 23hp)...and its bigger for 80cc...you compare moto3 bikes whit 80cc bikes but a moto3 bike have 120% more of powerfull than a 80cc....a difference of 4hp its big.....40hp its another bike...cant be compared....

Thanks so much, regards DD
MORIWAKI MH80RF

NSR80Racing-World : https://www.facebook.com/NSR80RW/

JorgeNsr

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 20, 2016, 01:11:06 PM
Had a few laps with each. Each lap could be improved but same settings on each as close as possible and a few laps to get the general overview.

Pretty much as suspected. Also:
Add to that the S80s use a lot less fuel (1/3rd) and the advantage that will give for fuel load
The S80s use correct grip levels but the bikes are still very good

So as they stand not much point racing them together  ;)

PS: I have no issue with long tracks for the 80s.  Imola/Monza whatever bring it on! Getting these things round fast takes a special style and skill probably more precise than the bigger bikes. Big 4 strokes pffff borrring lol.

S80 use a lot power...i think...not real
MORIWAKI MH80RF

NSR80Racing-World : https://www.facebook.com/NSR80RW/

doubledragoncc

Hi Jorge I know what you mean m8. I spent hours riding ALL the scooter tracks and sorry but they are impossible to use for someone to learn GPB to start with. YOU and others have learned how to ride in GPB others have not so from that aspect it a no because the tracks are TOOO tight and twisty to learn on. This is a BIKE sim not a scooter or kids bike sim. ALL those tracks a too short and too twisty they are no fun for me what so ever and to put it bluntly kiddy tracks. TBH I fucking hate them and find them stupid. For a kart okay on 4 wheels with a tighter turning circle but on a bike it is 1st and 2nd gear then brake all the time its so slow and no high speed most of the time. 

I joined GPB for BIKES and even the small GP80 is perfectly fine to ride on the larger tracks it is just most of you dont have the patience for such long laps. In real life the Moto3 is held on ALL the big tracks and its fun and a challenge. THAT is the way we should use GPB, Mantorp and Croft are fine and there is Norisring and a few others too that are well suited for the GP80.

That being said I do not want these terrible kiddy tracks taking space on the servers but if you can make a decision as to a specific track I will make a server for it.

DD