• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:01:40 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Just to add to that (sorry Max) we have thought about no paints no racing before but in its youth, the club was about getting fun out to as many people as possible, not restricting it in any way - at least until we had 100+ eager members knocking at the door each week.
Recently there has been more disinterest than ever. Just thoughts for the board of directors to consider.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Sorry MAX I got carried away lol.

I will not ban anything I was thinking about it only but I will be offering paint services to try and make it better. It dont take much to change the number on a bike for the race paints pack.

Back on topic...............Keyboard shortcuts would be great but if you can make the way the widgets can be arranged as per MAxHud it would be fine as I would only need to set up my layout before the start of streaming and not really need to change anything during a race/stream.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

[No need to excuse yourself to me for the off-topic, I'm myself black belt 9th dan in the art]

With the next release of MaxHUD you will:

• be able to have the track map (with all the riders and their numbers) also when spectating live [not yet when watching offline replays, PiBoSo has to do some stuff for that to work].
  • have a new widget with the current standings and gaps. Like any other widget in MaxHUD, you'll be able to hide/show it and move it.

If rider identification is sometimes problematic, I guess that having the 1st 3 letters of the rider name shown in the standings widget could help.

doubledragoncc

I think the number of the rider in the widget is a must, most names are real shit to use for saying on a stream or to read(my actual one is like that) lol. This is why I am starting to give you all nicknames hehe. Although Meyer's suggested name for Nick may get me in the dog house lol. His would be NTD by the way. Meyer its your fault bro!!!

I generally make a list I can have on my secondary screen or print that has all rider info so the number is all I need but as you said the first 3 letters may help.

OR.......If we could start to get guys to think of a short nickname for racing like 4 or 5 letters would that work too. It is amazing how the mind draws a blank reading 3 letters to think who it is lol. It would also be kinda better than having your forum name for racing. Just a thought. Bit off topic but to do with making the widgets work better.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

I see in several online sessions that after a core.exe, when u back on the server your number change (with a random?!)

Napalm Nick

At least the name is based on fact. ;)

My tip - don't do anything that requires riders to do anything themselves to participate. Skins is a long shot and abbreviated names wont be much better.  It will be lost in the realms of poor translation and 'fuck-that's. Better the plugin just takes the first 3 letters or something.

Despite being a dick, I am not saying things to be obstructive I am applying one years GPB race hosting experience with the hope of a smooth and practical resolution every rider can get onboard with  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Blackheart on June 21, 2016, 01:32:36 PM
I see in several online sessions that after a core.exe, when u back on the server your number change (with a random?!)

Yes the server will hold and permanently reserve the number of the rider from the first time they join. Coming back in after a core (or with another bike) and the server will allocate a random unreserved number

doubledragoncc

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 21, 2016, 01:35:15 PM
At least the name is based on fact. ;)

My tip - don't do anything that requires riders to do anything themselves to participate. Skins is a long shot and abbreviated names wont be much better.  It will be lost in the realms of poor translation and 'fuck-that's. Better the plugin just takes the first 3 letters or something.

Despite being a dick, I am not saying things to be obstructive I am applying one years GPB race hosting experience with the hope of a smooth and practical resolution every rider can get onboard with  ;)

LOL being a bit bigHEADED are you lmao. How does Meyer know you been sending pics lol.

I take what you say as you mean it m8. I admire the work you have put into the club and if anyone knows how things work it is you bro.

I am trying to figure ways where I can do the work for the guys btw, not depend on them to do too much lol.

DD

Napalm Nick

Yes Meyer has the standard adult fan photo for his wallet.

Yeh I know you are doing everything yourself to help. I even think you doing skins for everything is too much! As long as you don't overstretch yourself, and keep enjoying it, is the main thing.

doubledragoncc

LOL naughty Meyer hehe.

I enjoy doing what I can for the guys as I think all the modders and Max the widget god do too.

SO if a race starts and someone had cored before the start of the race, what number will the widget show Max, the original in game number the rider normally has or the one the server give them after a core?

DD

HornetMaX

It will show whichever number GPB tells me to show :)

doubledragoncc

HornetMaX

OK, here's an idea. Gaps could be shown, optionally, as:

• From the 1st rider (leader)
  • From you (currently active rider)
  • Alternating between the two every 3 seconds

Example of 1 (in red it's you riding or the rider currently being spectated):
  1)   #17               =
  2)   #46      +0.700
  3)   #08      +1.000
  4)   #99      +2.500
  5)   #73      +3.000

Example of 2:
  1)   #17      -1.700
  2)   #46      -0.300
  3)   #08               =
  4)   #99      +1.500
  5)   #99      +2.000

It's easy to distinguish 1 from 2: iI 1 all the gaps are positive (as they are from the leader) while in 2 your gap is empty (=) and riders before you have negative gaps while riders behind have positive gaps.

Napalm Nick

No.2 for me every time. 1 has no benefit for me personally, I will worry about the man in front of the man in front of me when I pass the man in front of me. So 3 will just confuse me.
I could not think of a way to make that explanation more complicated.

But there is my vote.

Vini

definitely no. 2 for me as well