• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:24 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Saved Setups don't load on different track settings

Started by CapeDoctor, July 10, 2016, 10:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

i hope this is an actual bug report, and not just me messing things up.
it's a little tricky to explain properly, but let me try.
Scenario: i'm on a clear sunny day at Mugello. saved one or two setups already, and can happily load back and forth between them.
then -i leave the server,  i change the weather settings to cloudy. now i go back into the garage.
now, when i look for a setup to load, there are none....
so it's almost as if i need to save new setups from scratch with each change of the track variables.
this is surely not right.
if there's any uncertainty about my explanation, i could also make a video clip showing what i mean....
this is all in offline (testing) mode, btw - i suspect the same might happen online, but haven't checked it.

doubledragoncc

Interesting point DOC

Will have to test and see if it is GPB or you being asleep lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

CapeDoctor

lol, well, i've tried to replicate the issue following my own explanation, and so far the problem seems to be in my head - UNLESS - i think probably this was an issue of saving a setup for a track in offline mode, then when going to that track online, there was no saved setup, and i had to make a new one.
that seems more to be the issue on closer investigation - an offline vs online mismatch of some sort, maybe?
doesn't make sense that one needs to make separate setups for on and offline......

doubledragoncc

I will look into it too after F1

You dont need to edit your 916 paints from A3 to A5 btw.......................read H's comment in the thread

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

At Mugello a couple of months ago I done a few laps to set up my gearing before going onto the online server.  When I got on there was no setup.   ???

I'd accidently chosen the DS version for offline - and of course the online was running the NDS version.  Had to use the copy function.
Just a thought.

CapeDoctor

yes, it's beginning to look like that's what my mistake has been.
it's happened due to different tracks (diff versions of a track) and also bikes - lol.
so this supposed bug is a non-event.
my apologies. thread could be removed if deemed, no worries.  :)