• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:21:01 PM

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 06, 2016, 10:42:43 PM
Hmmm I've noticed something strange, I'd like you guys to confirm.

When I use the plugin in an online session with other players on track, all the plugin widgets seem to blink from time to time (i.e. somethin like disapper and reappear immegiately, or gbecome full white and back back to normal). It's pretty fast and occurs randomly (e.g. it may happen twice in 10 seconds, then no more for a minute), but it's pretty visible. It also seems to happen only when riding online and with other riders on track.

Do you have the same ?

Yesterday in online race i noticed it flashing sometimes its very random indeed.
It can take place in a lap and then 2-3 laps it doesn't.
As i can remember when i was alone in the server i did not see it, after
more joined it started too happen sometimes. Ill keep my eye on it.

Another thing i noticed. With the standings widget when the race is begun
it would normally say for example "RACE 12 laps" now it displays a word ( where
the amount of laps used to be) which i cant pronounce.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PeterV on October 08, 2016, 08:10:48 AM

When I use the plugin in an online session with other players on track, all the plugin widgets seem to blink from time to time (i.e. somethin like disapper and reappear immegiately, or gbecome full white and back back to normal). It's pretty fast and occurs randomly (e.g. it may happen twice in 10 seconds, then no more for a minute), but it's pretty visible. It also seems to happen only when riding online and with other riders on track.

Do you have the same ?

Yesterday in online race i noticed it flashing sometimes its very random indeed.
It can take place in a lap and then 2-3 laps it doesn't.
As i can remember when i was alone in the server i did not see it, after
more joined it started too happen sometimes. Ill keep my eye on it.
No need, if you've seen it (and i have too), it means there's a problem somewhere.
I'll do some testing (but i need players on a server for that). It's not 100% sure it's a problem in my code but ...

Quote from: PeterV on October 08, 2016, 08:10:48 AM
Another thing i noticed. With the standings widget when the race is begun
it would normally say for example "RACE 12 laps" now it displays a word ( where
the amount of laps used to be) which i cant pronounce.

That's a GPB and WRS bug I reported a while ago: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3740.0.
I could code a dirty workaround but I'd preferif it was fixed (it works fine in KRP).

PeterV

I'll do some testing (but i need players on a server for that). It's not 100% sure it's a problem in my code but ...

Join us in Sunday's Testrace

HornetMaX

Hmmm I've also found a horrible bug in the radar. Yawn ...

matty0l215

Do you have the same ?

I had it last night during a race, it seemed to be worst when near people. Could the problem with the rader you've got cause this?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on October 08, 2016, 02:36:43 PM
I had it last night during a race, it seemed to be worst when near people. Could the problem with the rader you've got cause this?
Unlikely, but I'm having a look.

HornetMaX

V2.0.4 (2016/10/08) out:

• Does not work with MXB beta4, use v2.0.2b for it.
  • Fix HUDRadar bug (likely introduced with v2.0.3).
  • Workaround for GPB/WRS bug (SessionState not going to in-progress after semaphore).

Hawk

Nice! Thank you Max!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Let me know if with the new version (2.0.4) you still see the occasional flickering/blinking of all the HUD widgets.
As a reminder, this seems to happen randomly when playing online (and, it seems, when multiple players are on track).

PeterV

Thx for V2.04 max

- no flickering when alone in a server (which we already knew?)
- standings widget in practice session is not showing the remaining time it displays practice: ##h##

* standings widget in qualifying or race session is working fine.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PeterV on October 09, 2016, 10:00:54 AM
- no flickering when alone in a server (which we already knew?)
Yeah, I haven't seen it while alone on track (offline or on a server).

- standings widget in practice session is not showing the remaining time it displays practice: ##h##
That's likely because the practice session has been created with a duration of more than 100 hours. Can you confirm this ? Which server it was ?

Once the counter gets below 100hrs (of time left) the plugin will show it correctly.
In fact you should just create it with duration 0 (zero) it means unlimited and the plugin will handle this OK.

Maybe I'll change the pretty print to handle even bigger durations (like in XX days and YY hours). As the duration in milliseconds is an int, it is limited (on Windows platrforms) to 2147483647: this means a bit more than 596 hours i.e. a tad less than 25 days.

PeterV

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 09, 2016, 10:30:21 AM

That's likely because the practice session has been created with a duration of more than 100 hours. Can you confirm this ?
that is the case indeed ! problem solved,Thx

PeterV

It still flickers in online race with more then 1 rider in the server.
was watching if it happened more when they where close to me but that was not the case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PeterV on October 09, 2016, 08:36:44 PM
It still flickers in online race with more then 1 rider in the server.
Expected, as I haven't touched anything that could explain that.

Quote from: PeterV on October 09, 2016, 08:36:44 PM
was watching if it happened more when they where close to me but that was not the case.
Right, it does not seem to be correlated to something ike poeple joining, going on track or even being nearby. Just random.

It was ultra-frequent tonight (aragon moto2, 8 riders): I've posted there: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3809.0 as it may not be an issue in my plugin.

PeterV

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 09, 2016, 10:30:21 AM
That's likely because the practice session has been created with a duration of more than 100 hours. Can you confirm this ? Which server it was ?

Once the counter gets below 100hrs (of time left) the plugin will show it correctly.
In fact you should just create it with duration 0 (zero) it means unlimited and the plugin will handle this OK.

Just ran a server and set duration for practice to 0 (zero), it seems not to be unlimited.
When i entered the server as the only and first one, it was on Qualifying.