• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:09:46 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta9c

Started by PiBoSo, October 07, 2016, 11:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

GP Bikes beta9c released:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=news

Beta9c changelog:
fix: rear suspension simulation bug
fix: quick bike reset position
fix: quick bike reset allowed when the engine is off, too

Download:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads
( download mirrors would be extremely helpful and welcome )
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

October 07, 2016, 11:14:17 AM #1 Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 11:31:58 AM by PiBoSo
Release notes:
- a clean installation is strong recommended
- replays are not compatible with the previous versions
- pressing the reset button for three seconds the bike is reset to the track ( but only if the check lines have been generated )
- if the bike is riderless, the "full" bike reset will work regardless of the speed

Known bugs
- Unfortunately, the 125 bikes are completely unplayable, for reasons yet to be discovered, despite trying to constantly improve the physics and the data realism.

Sadly, the 125 is also the only bike in the demo, that thus becomes like a trial of faith:
http://www.youtube.com/v/NkGTyndJC1w

However, it is now clear that GP Bikes is purely a modding platform, that hopefully keeps getting better.

Stout Johnson

October 07, 2016, 11:59:19 AM #2 Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:07:11 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: PiBoSo on October 07, 2016, 11:13:54 AM
fix: rear suspension simulation bug
Cool, hopefully it's completed now.

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 07, 2016, 11:14:17 AM
However, it is now clear that GP Bikes is purely a modding platform, that hopefully keeps getting better.
That is the way it is. Having said that and considering you do not like the 125cc at the moment, you should consider releasing at least the Varese, maybe even Murasama with the demo. The demo should really show how beautiful the physics are simulated. Not sure whether the 125 gets that job done. Don't sell yourself short. There will not be a single person that will be satisfied with the demo even with Varese oder Murasama in there. Considering all the mods that come out, people will be eager for the full version. Just make sure mods and online play are not compatible with the demo.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Boerenlater

Yeah people want to try the big bikes, not a tiny 125.
Masamura would be the best choice for the demo.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

doubledragoncc

Thanks P

Glad I waited as I thought you would do a quicky lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

knn54sofuoglu

October 07, 2016, 02:26:02 PM #6 Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:27:59 PM by knn54sofuoglu

[That is the way it is. Having said that and considering you do not like the 125cc at the moment, you should consider releasing at least the Varese, maybe even Murasama with the demo. The demo should really show how beautiful the physics are simulated. Not sure whether the 125 gets that job done. Don't sell yourself short. There will not be a single person that will be satisfied with the demo even with Varese oder Murasama in there. Considering all the mods that come out, people will be eager for the full version. Just make sure mods and online play are not compatible with the demo.]

Totally agree, please get consider opening murasama on public demo. This will get lots of attention.

PiBoSo

teeds

October 11, 2016, 07:49:47 AM #8 Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 07:53:28 AM by teeds
This was working in b9, not sure about b9b, but in b9c the chat history windows doesn't work when I press F5,  can anyone else that's tried it confirm please? Am using VR on rift but it was fine in b9 and was about the only way I could read chat.

BTW Max eventually saw your text the other day while you were testing. Not ignoring you just can't see it, at times, at all  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on October 11, 2016, 07:49:47 AM
BTW Max eventually saw your text the other day while you were testing. Not ignoring you just can't see it, at times, at all  :)
No problem teeds, I know the chat is a bit hit and miss :)

teeds

Quote from: teeds on October 11, 2016, 07:49:47 AM
This was working in b9, not sure about b9b, but in b9c the chat history windows doesn't work when I press F5

Found that this was happening when using the "Pixels Per Display Override" option @ 2.0 in the Oculus Debug Tool. Not sure if the chat box fails to open or if it's just out of view? I'd turn it off if it didn't look so much better than at 1.0. Be great to have an option for this in game eventually  8)

andrea.fiorelli

Hi PiBoSo...I found a issue on GARAGE section...when I try to compare 2 setup on tab REAR SUSPENSION it not compare the 2 setup but it show on red only the SPRING/BUMP/REBOUND of the first setup.
I hope that you understand that I want to say.

On 1st image default
On 2nd image my setup
On 3rd image the compare...look at the REAR SUSPENSION tab and pay attention at SPRING/BUMP/REBOUND

Thank, Andrea

PiBoSo

Quote from: andrea.fiorelli on October 30, 2016, 01:35:39 PM
Hi PiBoSo...I found a issue on GARAGE section...when I try to compare 2 setup on tab REAR SUSPENSION it not compare the 2 setup but it show on red only the SPRING/BUMP/REBOUND of the first setup.

On 1st image default
On 2nd image my setup
On 3rd image the compare...look at the REAR SUSPENSION tab and pay attention at SPRING/BUMP/REBOUND

Thank, Andrea

Thank you for the report.
The fix will be integrated in Beta10.

andrea.fiorelli

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 30, 2016, 02:05:43 PM
Quote from: andrea.fiorelli on October 30, 2016, 01:35:39 PM

On 1st image default
On 2nd image my setup

Thank, Andrea

Thank you for the report.
The fix will be integrated in Beta10.

Thank you too

Napalm Nick

Quote from: ptrshpt on October 07, 2016, 03:35:12 PM
From beta9b i have this problem:
With 1920x1080 resolution without fullscreen, every time i leave settings menu i get the Keep resolution? message even if i don't change resolution.
In settings menu, graphics tab in the right side of the resolution appears another resolution in red (1914x1051). In a lower resolution (1680x1050) without fullscreen this problem doesn't happen.
The reason i have the fullscreen disabled is a high CPU usage (above 80%). With 1920x1080 resolution and fullscreen disabled the CPU usage stays below 50%. CPU: G3240, GPU: GTX 750.
It's not a big problem, but it's annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/v/qNk7DwJsflc

Concur - same problem. 5928x1044 Sometimes after clicking Accept, the screen goes black then comes back I only have  1 or 2 seconds to choose "keep settings". Seems to me like a resolution check should not be made every time if it hasn't been changed in Settings?

Things I tried: Disable Display Scaling - no change. (hell why not try something).

PS: Love the new RESET where crashed bike ends up. Like it should be IMO.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"