• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:28:55 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

2 EdTrackers at the same time (for body movement)?

Started by davidboda46, October 21, 2016, 10:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

My bottom is a one way street so that is out of the question but using the head for body movement is wrong. It is your head and your body moves less so input would be wrong. The shoulder is the best place I have found so far and also easier to mount a unit.

How about a gyro on the end of...............................No way, wont work.........................tried it ;D

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

davidboda46

The problem is that Edtracker only have 6 axes (if I count correctly?). I would gladly exchange horisontal tilt with forward/backward or horisontal left/right. I saw an article about the Edtracker software combined with a webcam for face tracking but I don't have one so I have not had a chance to try that.

Also, if I remember correctly from my youth, there was a tac2 clone with a smaller ball (think it was orange but can't remember the name of the joystick). Just saying  ;D

Cheers,

David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Quote from: davidboda46 on October 21, 2016, 10:50:40 PM
The problem is that Edtracker only have 6 axes (if I count correctly?). I would gladly exchange horisontal tilt with forward/backward or horisontal left/right. I saw an article about the Edtracker software combined with a webcam for face tracking but I don't have one so I have not had a chance to try that.
Each EdTracker has 3 rotation axes, but no translation axes at all: it only detect rotations, not linear movements.

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 21, 2016, 11:15:33 PM
Quote from: davidboda46 on October 21, 2016, 10:50:40 PM
Each EdTracker has 3 rotation axes, but no translation axes at all: it only detect rotations, not linear movements.

Ahh of course, 3 axels, six directions... stupid me :)

Cheers,

David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

doubledragoncc

This is why I am trying to find a good breakout board with accelerometers and gyros to use but most are only 3.3 volt so have to add a voltage regulator to use my 5 volt BU boards. Fungizmos is down and waiting for them to get back up to see what they have now as they have been great so far for this.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.