• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:32:25 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Moto 3 KTM

Started by Dani_s13, February 06, 2014, 05:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dani_s13

Hi friends I have started to include this KTM Moto 3 in gp bikes, but I get it all wrong and do not know why. I think and put everything as it should be the wheels on axles 0 0 0. I tried putting the chassis axis 0 but I lower it even more. : (

RBp

0.0.0 get's the model to show on screen you need to postion each item separate by moving it alittle in 3d max.

Hawk

Quote from: RBp on February 06, 2014, 05:18:00 PM
0.0.0 get's the model to show on screen you need to postion each item separate by moving it alittle in 3d max.
Hi RBp

As I understood it. The x0 y0 z0 is the reference point GP Bikes uses to position each part(Chasis/wheels/fsusp/rsusp, etc, etc) to it's correct position for rendering?

When you say you need to also move each item a little in 3ds max....   Well how much is a little move to get things right?

Let me list the procedure as I understand it:

• In 3DS Max, separate each element required(Chasis/wheels/fsusp/rsusp, etc, etc).
  • Zero the transformations(x0 y0 z0) for those elements.
  • Export those elements to a newly created and named bike folder for use in GP Bikes(obviously the folder contains all the other required files too).

I'm still creating my bike model so I have not got to this stage yet, but this is how I understood the model intergration procedure for when I arrive at that situation. Have I got this procedure correct?

Dani_s13

Finally!! I have started to fight with 3dmax and eventually we became friends in this export to gp bikes ... hahaha. What I miss in the end is going slowly moving objects in 3d max to look good in Gp bikes. Thanks for the help now will try to put the string in the right place and will continue with the physical, finish the skin and the sound is done :).

Harrytmj66

Toomes1

this is fantastic, when do you think it will be ready to download

C21

February 06, 2014, 06:53:27 PM #6 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 06:58:19 PM by C21
Could you please clearly describe how do you solved the problem?
From this:
Quote from: Dani_s13 on February 06, 2014, 05:08:24 PM
Hi friends I have started to include this KTM Moto 3 in gp bikes, but I get it all wrong and do not know why. I think and put everything as it should be the wheels on axles 0 0 0. I tried putting the chassis axis 0 but I lower it even more. : (

to that:
Quote from: Dani_s13 on February 06, 2014, 06:43:25 PM
Finally!! I have started to fight with 3dmax and eventually we became friends in this export to gp bikes ... hahaha. What I miss in the end is going slowly moving objects in 3d max to look good in Gp bikes. Thanks for the help now will try to put the string in the right place and will continue with the physical, finish the skin and the sound is done :).

Would help others (including myself ...3d is totally new for me)!!  ;D
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Gzehoo

Wow, I can't wait to see KTM RC250GP in GP Bikes.

BTW. Will be there a possibility to painting wheels?

Dani_s13

jajaja It's simple men, I will export all of 3dmax and within gpbikes it looked all wrong the only solution I saw was to go slowly moving every object in 3dmax until it looked good in the game ... Excuse my English I'm Spanish. I hope to have it finished as soon as possible at least take a beta for the wise can tell me mistakes and correct them.

Docfumi

That´s looking really good Dani, it will be nice to roll a Moto3 Bike. Good Luck with the convert.  ;)
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

RBp

Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 06, 2014, 05:59:15 PM
Quote from: RBp on February 06, 2014, 05:18:00 PM
Hi RBp

As I understood it. The x0 y0 z0 is the reference point GP Bikes uses to position each part(Chasis/wheels/fsusp/rsusp, etc, etc) to it's correct position for rendering?

When you say you need to also move each item a little in 3ds max....   Well how much is a little move to get things right?

Let me list the procedure as I understand it:

• In 3DS Max, separate each element required(Chasis/wheels/fsusp/rsusp, etc, etc).
  • Zero the transformations(x0 y0 z0) for those elements.
  • Export those elements to a newly created and named bike folder for use in GP Bikes(obviously the folder contains all the other required files too).

I'm still creating my bike model so I have not got to this stage yet, but this is how I understood the model intergration procedure for when I arrive at that situation. Have I got this procedure correct?

I really don't know myself, just did some EDF export's to see what happened. I think nearly every model will need moving off center in 3dmax in order for it to be place correct in gpbikes by the looks of it. trail an error on placement of parts due to different size bikes would be my guess.

Dani_s13

The truth is quite rare ... but the end is well good!

Here new skin:

Dani_s13

February 06, 2014, 09:00:58 PM #12 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:03:26 PM by Dani_s13
Do anyone know good physical engine? attached data sheet for if anyone knows.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/moto3-technical-regulations/

Engine: Single cylinder, liquid cooled / 4-stroke / DOHC
Displacement / Bore x Stroke: 249.5 ccm / 81 x 48.5 mm
Performance: min. 37 kW at 13.000 rpm
Engine speed: max. 13,500 rpm
Front Suspension: WP / DM 45 mm, RCMA3548
Rear Suspension: WP / adjust. length, hydraulic preload
Brakes front/rear: Brembo Radial caliper, 290 / 190 mm single disc
Rims front/rear: OZ Forged Aluminum 2.5 x 17 / 3.5 x 17
Tires front/rear: Dunlop 95/70-17 / 115/70-17
Silencer: Akrapovic Full Titanium System (max. 108 dB)
Frame: Tubular steel with adjust. headstock and swing arm pivot
Dry weight/tank capacity: approx. 83 kg / approx. 11 liters

neoraptor

Take a look here : http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=674.msg6442#msg6442
I posted a dyno from an IDM Moto3. It is a bit underpowered compare to the one from GP, but it is a good basis ;)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

Dani_s13

hey thanks!!! but what is not is how to spend it to gp bikes ...: (