• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:56:49 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

dozens of crashes - core dump|logs activation ?

Started by celkaris, October 27, 2016, 01:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celkaris

October 27, 2016, 01:01:57 PM Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 01:47:52 PM by celkaris
Hi,

i bought gp bikes 2 days ago, and i'm experiencing dozens of random crashes while just trying (testing or online racing) to stack some laps.

Crashes happens while:
- exiting a race
- just driving around track
- another player joins the race
- another player gets close
- browsing menus
- probably some others

So here's my question :

is there a way for us to activate debug logs, core dumps or anything that may help you fix those problems ?

The game is really great, i love the handling and the huge collection of available mods (tracks/bikes/paints), i'd of course want it to "live long and prosper", please let us know if we can help you pinpoint some of those nasty bugs :)

Here's an example crash error dialog :
assertion "bNormalizationResult" failed in ../../include/ode/odemath.h:326

Happened multiple times to me, when riding in rain conditions, a few hundred meters after pit exit (windows 10, radeon hd 7870).

doubledragoncc

I strongly suggest an over install and if it dont work a fresh install

Try that first even re download the installer just in case

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

celkaris

Quote from: doubledragoncc on October 27, 2016, 03:52:07 PM
I strongly suggest an over install and if it dont work a fresh install

Try that first even re download the installer just in case

DD

Hi, thanks for your answer,

i did a another full fresh install before posting here, i also added the [core] section (replay = 450) in my gpbikes.ini file.

I also encountered multiple players who also ctd multiple times within the course of a 20 minutes practice session.

To eliminate mods problems, i guess i'll have to do another fresh install, without any mod/paint/plugin and see what happens.

Right now, every time i hit any menu item, or ride under rain conditions, crash may happen (and does) at any time :(

The bnormalization error, for example, happens nearly all the time on the Monza V3.0_NDS track, when under rain conditions, 5 or 10 meters before the pit out line.

I don't think simulation would work well when running some core_d.exe (with debug symbols) under some debugger, but as a last resort ...

Anyway .. will give another try to a fresh install with no mod tomorrow or so, i'll update this thread if i get better results this way.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: celkaris on October 28, 2016, 01:15:46 AM
The bnormalization error, for example, happens nearly all the time on the Monza V3.0_NDS track, when under rain conditions, 5 or 10 meters before the pit out line.
Rainy conditions are known to cause problems with beta9, you may wanna avoid that until it is fixed. I seem to get a crash of the game whenever I want to exit pits under rainy conditions too.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

The bNormalization crashes are something known and they won't go away, no matter what you do.

For the others, they seem to vary a lot from user to user.

Anyway, there's intense work ongoing to solve them just right now (guess you've seen that: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2765.msg65488#msg65488)

celkaris

Quote from: Stout Johnson on October 28, 2016, 06:12:12 AM
Quote from: celkaris on October 28, 2016, 01:15:46 AM
Rainy conditions are known to cause problems with beta9, you may wanna avoid that until it is fixed. I seem to get a crash of the game whenever I want to exit pits under rainy conditions too.

Hi,

Yes, i finally disabled the realistic weather feature thinking it may be related ; thanks a lot for confirming it.

Rain looks gorgeous, but i can live without it for now : i still have plenty of tracks & bikes to learn :)

Thanks again.

celkaris

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 28, 2016, 09:43:48 AM
The bNormalization crashes are something known and they won't go away, no matter what you do.

For the others, they seem to vary a lot from user to user.

At first, i thought _i_ was guilty, by trying to run weird/unstable/complicated settings/mods, but it looks rain-related, as confirmed by another rider here.

I can live without rainy conditions :) i'll just wear the summer leather suit :)

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 28, 2016, 09:43:48 AM
Anyway, there's intense work ongoing to solve them just right now (guess you've seen that: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2765.msg65488#msg65488)

Oh ... thanks ... i actually missed that one :)

Thanks again, player community looks good here, thanks for the help.

h106frp

@DD can this be improved with 'host local' like the other recent post?

doubledragoncc

I am not sure will run some tests and post results

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.