• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:06:16 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxTM - A telemetry tool for GPB, MXB, WRS and KRP

Started by HornetMaX, May 28, 2014, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

I can open your files all good (it contains an almost complete lap out of the pits).

My money goes you're using the v1.10 TM viewer. Use the Help/About MaxTm viewere to check the version you're using.

Vini

ok, works now.

i downloaded the v1.10 zip file, everything is on 1.11 now.

HornetMaX

v1.12 out:

mst

Running "MaxTM_Viewer.exe"  (v 1.12) :

"..not a valid Win32 application"

Is this a 64bit app ?

And / or ... not supported on Win Xp Sp3 ? (32 bit)  (ya ya, "old"  O.S.)

HornetMaX

No, it's a 32bit app.

If you have already tried to re-download it and you've already installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x86), then I fear the problem comes from XP.

CapeDoctor

hi Max
finally got around to trying this cool plugin - sadly, i'm having issues getting it to work.
a brief description (tell me what else you might need to know):
i'm on win 7 64-bit - i think i have all the right vcredist stuff installed - at least, i had no dll errors or such.
when i first ran with it installed, i briefly saw a message on the HUD about Telemetry, but it was gone so quickly, i couldn't make it out - looked like the same sort of font as the HUD Plugin uses - anyway, not heard any heartbeat sounds, tried both in Testing and Local Host mode, but i do seem to have some data files inside the MaxTM folder, will need to learn how to interpret them, lol
so, for now, i guess my only real issue is the lack of heartbeat sound.... not critical, as GPB gets my heartbeat racing quite often, and more so than anything else i've ever done on a pc, lol  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: CapeDoctor on July 11, 2016, 08:14:02 AM
hi Max
finally got around to trying this cool plugin - sadly, i'm having issues getting it to work.
a brief description (tell me what else you might need to know):
i'm on win 7 64-bit - i think i have all the right vcredist stuff installed - at least, i had no dll errors or such.
when i first ran with it installed, i briefly saw a message on the HUD about Telemetry, but it was gone so quickly, i couldn't make it out - looked like the same sort of font as the HUD Plugin uses - anyway, not heard any heartbeat sounds, tried both in Testing and Local Host mode, but i do seem to have some data files inside the MaxTM folder, will need to learn how to interpret them, lol
so, for now, i guess my only real issue is the lack of heartbeat sound.... not critical, as GPB gets my heartbeat racing quite often, and more so than anything else i've ever done on a pc, lol  ;D
No heartbeat: did you copy the MaxTM_data folder into the GPB plugins folder ?

If you have data files into MaxTM folder it means the plugin is working fine (heartbeat aside): just run the MaxTm_Viewer.exe and open the data files with it.

The message you've seen just pops up each time you turn telemetry logging ON or OFF (and maybe at the start of each session, can't remember exactly): you can do this with a key combo while on the bike, I think it's ctrl-Z by default (simply pressing Z will show the current logging status, ON or OFF).

HornetMaX

Quote from: mst on July 10, 2016, 11:56:55 PM
Running "MaxTM_Viewer.exe"  (v 1.12) :

"..not a valid Win32 application"

Is this a 64bit app ?

And / or ... not supported on Win Xp Sp3 ? (32 bit)  (ya ya, "old"  O.S.)
OK, I did some checking and I can confirm that the problem is XP.

From Visual Studio 2012 on, support for XP is segregated to a separate toolset. That (probably) wouldn't be a big problem as it's a simple option in Visual Studio, except that I'm using Qt for MaxTM_Viewer and this means I'd have to recompile Qt with that toolset. Big fat no, sorry :)

Time to thank XP for its loyal services and wave it goodbye :)

Sim UK

Hi Max,

I'm a rookie so sure that this might be something I am doing wrong..
No heartbeat, z and or ctrl z not working either.  Not sure what could be the issue?

Is it 9c compatible?

Many thanks.
Mind the furniture.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Sim UK on November 13, 2016, 01:13:03 AM
Is it 9c compatible?
No, it's not at the moment.

I was waiting for MXB beta5 to come out and update for the whole lot of sims at the same time but as it may be a while, I'll push one of for GPB beta9 (and WRS beta 9, KRP beta15).

HornetMaX

v1.13 out:

• Does not work for MXB beta4 (keep on using v1.12 for it).
  • Updates for GPB beta 9, WRS beta 9 and KRP beta 15.

You may need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (x86): once you press Download, select the x86 version "vcredist_x86.exe".

Hawk

Wow! That was quick Max!  ;D

Thank you mate! Very much appreciated!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Sim UK

Simply amazing!

Thank you so very much +100 stars for you :)
Mind the furniture.

Sim UK

Hi Max,

Sorry to say still having issues...First start I heard the heartbeat, but 'z' and or 'ctrl'+'z' did not work.  Since then, no heartbeat either.

I have checked the TMData folder and the two files are i there from start but nothing else?

Many thanks.
Mind the furniture.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on November 13, 2016, 11:34:56 AM
Wow! That was quick Max!  ;D
Not much merit, it was mostly already done, waiting for MXB beta5 to come out ;)

Quote from: Sim UK on November 13, 2016, 03:42:23 PM
Sorry to say still having issues...First start I heard the heartbeat, but 'z' and or 'ctrl'+'z' did not work.  Since then, no heartbeat either.

I have checked the TMData folder and the two files are i there from start but nothing else?
If you hear the heartbeat then the logging plugin is working: it will create a pair of files for each run (a .data.bin and a .info.bin, same file name for the pair).

To visualize the telemetry you have to run the .exe (separately from GPB) and load one (or more) .info.bin files. Have a look at the 1st post of this thread.