• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:09:48 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Wheel 4 WRS?

Started by WALKEN, December 15, 2016, 05:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WALKEN

Piboso, great job on the latest beta, I'm in love :-*

Question is, I need a new racing wheel what do the experts suggest, bar none!

Help me, help you!

JMTRacing

Alby46

g27. cheap and functional
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Alby46

and supported by almost every racing game
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

dibu

I also use a G27 wheel, combined with the sequential shifter of my old G25 and it's quite OK for WRS and KRP.

Certainly there are better wheels on the market but as Alby46 already posted the G27 is supported in almost every racing game.

JMTRacing

You're all richer than me all I can use is my thrustmaster t150. .-.

LauZzZn

If you start I suggest the G27,too. Alternatively a T500 or a Fanatec CSL / CSW, which is a little more expensive.
If you want to go the hard way you have to get an OSW with Heusinkveld Pedals ( like me  ::) )
https://youtu.be/Akc1sRL9OJk

BOBR6 84

No expert but i got the g27 too! Good quality, been going strong until trying the sprint car on the weekend lol now i have a deadzone  ;D ;D

WALKEN

How about this-

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g920-driving-force

I have to confess, I am totally smitten by the new WRS beta using the FR2000. I love all of Piboso's work but for awhile I lost a bit of interest, but I'm involved now. I been running Victoria and Lime Rock (which isn't very far from me at all) I've been using a Logitech F310 and its great but I need a wheel. I use to have one but sold it off as all I ran for years was bike games.       

I've been in World servers but no one is ever on? I even start my own server but no one joins  :(

My times are posting and I get no core.exe's. Everything seems ok for now?  Just need to run laps, thousands of them.   
Help me, help you!

Napalm Nick

December 16, 2016, 12:28:36 AM #9 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 12:41:57 AM by Napalm Nick
My wife (I mean Father Christmas) has (allegedly) bought me this wheels (G920) brother for Chrimbo - The G29 (same I think except G29 has lights - xmas tree lights?)

Looking forward to that.

Her understanding is the G920 is for Xbox and PC and the G29 is for PlayStation and PC.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

WALKEN

Nick,

That is the one I'm looking at (note link in above post) I wonder if it will work in Linux?

Don't really need the shifter as I only would use the paddles anyhow.
Help me, help you!

Stout Johnson

Quote from: WALKEN on December 16, 2016, 12:15:14 AM
I've been in World servers but no one is ever on? I even start my own server but no one joins  :(
We had some nice sessions last weekend with dibu, teeds and Ricco with the Caterham on Lime Rock. Maybe we see each other on the weekend mate ;)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

Quote from: WALKEN on December 16, 2016, 12:15:14 AM
How about this-

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g920-driving-force

Strange I thought your link was to the G920, this picture is the G29. ??? Maybe I worded it badly it is 1am here yawn 😦
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Probably will be on wrs over the weekend.. Few heads here, should be good  ;) 8)

WALKEN

Sorry Nick, I'm just as confused as you  :-[  I guess the 929 is for Playstation and the 920 is xbox/pc?

Was on last night and got my first "core.exe" couldn't really figure out why. I do run WRS in Linux through wine so it wouldn't be fair to not point that out, but I don't think it was the case. Will be on today here and there running laps.

I'll see if I can get the G920 locally but for now I'll just train my thumb to be ultra sensitive. 
Help me, help you!