• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:38:03 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

computer jittering

Started by FTR_Otter, January 23, 2017, 02:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FTR_Otter

This has been reported be for but was taken down . So I am reposting it. So when your behind other sprint cars and the dirt is coming off the tires it starts to jitter. Now the other person that reported this was told by a person it was his video card. No its not. This other person who I know has a good computer . But here is what I am running fx 8320 8 core 24 gigs elite memory ssd hard drive gtx 960 ti 4 gig video card this rig runs any game and the dirt coming off the other cars makes my computer jitter. Not sure if its the servers we are in the U. S.

GasFactoryRacing

Quote from: FTR_Otter on January 23, 2017, 02:19:36 AM
This has been reported be for but was taken down . So I am reposting it. So when your behind other sprint cars and the dirt is coming off the tires it starts to jitter. Now the other person that reported this was told by a person it was his video card. No its not. This other person who I know has a good computer . But here is what I am running fx 8320 8 core 24 gigs elite memory ssd hard drive gtx 960 ti 4 gig video card this rig runs any game and the dirt coming off the other cars makes my computer jitter. Not sure if its the servers we are in the U. S.

If you're running a Nvidia GTX card, right click on your desktop, open the Nvidia Control Panel, make sure it's set to performance. In the game, set all you graphics to medium or low. This should help (it helped my gtx 750ti)
Team_GFR

Helms

Quote from: GasFactoryRacing on January 23, 2017, 03:31:40 AM
Quote from: FTR_Otter on January 23, 2017, 02:19:36 AM

If you're running a Nvidia GTX card, right click on your desktop, open the Nvidia Control Panel, make sure it's set to performance. In the game, set all you graphics to medium or low. This should help (it helped my gtx 750ti)
He has a GTX 960 FTW, No reason he should have too turn down his setting's, That's unreal..

PiBoSo

Looks like the tyres generate too many particles, that are also too big.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

FTR_Otter

Yes the dirt stay up way to long even after the car is way down the track. To those that do not know me I have been racing on line for over 15 years I run project cars on high with over 100 fps on directx 11 this is 8 should not have to turn down any of my settings. This computer was built to play any game out there. This is a bug that can be fix but till it is fix is there anyway to turn off the dust. Thanks looking forward to working with you on making this sprint car game work right.

PiBoSo

WRS uses OpenGL, not DirectX 8. Sadly, this is a common misconception.
The only workaround at the moment is to unpack the file wrs/effects.pkz in the WRS installation folder, to rename the directory "particles" to something else; for example: particles.bak
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

FTR_Otter

Ok thanks will try that . In the mean time is there something that can be done to fix this issue in a later time ? I am new to this game. Still needs some work on the sprint car its getting close. I am fining it hard to run with other people with so many bugs online. Thanks again for the help.