• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:31:27 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

@all who had core.exe complaints

Started by C21, February 10, 2014, 06:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C21

Would like to know how many core.exe are existend with Nvidia 4xx and 5xx graphic cards?
Please tell the specific graphic card model and the installed driver number.
I don´t want to know when they happend!
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

JamoZ

It`s not only related to those cards. Friends with ATI cards have it, and i have it with a 780. What`s the reason you`re looking for 4 & 5 series reports?

PeterV

Quote from: C21 on February 10, 2014, 06:04:47 PM
Would like to know how many core.exe are existend with Nvidia 4xx and 5xx graphic cards?
Please tell the specific graphic card model and the installed driver number.
I don´t want to know when they happend!

My old I7 had a geforce 465 and i had lots of core.exe with it. It also lost connection with nvidia drivers a lot, which crashed GPBikes a lot as well.

New I7 has a Geforce 780 TI and only had 1 in game core.exe sofar (lots of core.exe when closing GPBikes, as most of us have)

C21

February 10, 2014, 07:20:41 PM #3 Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:27:03 PM by C21
I read a lot regarding issues with GTX560Ti but also 4xx series of Nvidia.
Myself had a lot of desktop issues (freezes, CTD,..) out of nowhere and not reproducable until now using GTX560Ti with 320.49 driver.
Could play games (except GPB) online for hours w/o any problems.
On the other side while surfinh on the internet i had massive freezes , sometimes three within 10minutes, sometimes 1 within 3 hours, sometimes none for the whole day.
I was not aware that there are so many problems out there with these cards.

Most said: Use actual or latest video drivers!
I did and changed thru a list of latest video drivers (including beta versions) but got not rid of this issue.
In this specific case: DON´T use the latest driver. All drivers (except 332.21) after 314.07 or 314.22 have massive issues with these cards. The whole 32x and 33x range is bugged!
The ONLY stable drivers are 314.x , none of the others are stable with GTX56x or 4xx.

I uninstalled my 320.49 about 2 hours ago , did it twice because it was not correctly uninstalled after the 1st attempt and installed the elder version 314.07 (314.22 should be better).
I do not have any freeze until now AND i can play online on empty servers without any Core.exe.
It is too early to say the complaint is 100% solved but i did a few laps on the Assen servers and did not hava any issue while driving alone or later on while joining and disconnecting of other players.
I dont have time to really check it (stress test for 2-4 hours) tonight but i can say i can play in WIN7 (w/o compatibilty mode) in empty servers. That was definetly not possible with 320.49 (i think most of us now my other topic)!!
I was not aware that a graphic card driver could have that much influence on online playing GPB....
I will try HL Albi server now...

That´s the reason why i wanted to know how many play with 4 or 5xx nvidia graphic cards.

C21

Update:
Did 6 laps right after another and got no core.exe
Hmm.. ;D

HornetMaX

Good you have found something!
Once confirmed it is better with the 314 it would be nice if you could triple check: reinstall 320 and se if issue is back.

MaX.

C21

I tried this before i uninstalled 320.49  ;)
core.exe on the 1st left as before.
Uninstalled.
Tried again.
No core.exe.
I can´t believe it and will check this evening again.
Maybe this is a solution for the desktop gamer with the 560Ti but on my laptop i assume that the core.exe is persistent because i can´t use the 314.xx drivers there. gtx765m Card is not supported. I will try the 332.xx driver instead.
What i will try tonight:
Join empty server with desktop gamer and 314.xx, see if get core.exe.
leave server.
Join the same server with laptop and 327.xx, see if core.exe persists.
I´m afraid to reinstall the 320.xx again....

Btw:
I did not other change besides the uninstall of 320.49 and install of 314.07.
I did not thought that it would change the online issues...it was mainly done because of freezes in Firefox and on the mouse issues on the desktop.
But is thought....hey....give it a try in GPB.
I was really astonished that i did not get a core.exe anymore after the 1st corner.
Double checked that i don´t play in win2000 comp mode - it wasn´t the case.
Installed Albi2011 because i know that i have persistend crashs joining HL servers.
I wasn´t the case. Did 7 consistend laps at Albi (not counted because i cut the chicane too much :-( )then left server cleanly. No core.exe the hole session.
I had bet that i get one within the 1st corners.

janaucarre

I have a gts250 by nvidia(little) with the latest drivers.
Core exe happens when i fall hardly to a wall(rare), and when other fall near me, about 150-200meters around, (rare).
In global i have no regular core exe and i cant repeat them, i can play with 3 or 4 other players during 2 hours without any problems. I think that most crash i have are due to the other rider problems.

C21

It is still weird..... ???

Can play Albi HL on both desktop and laptop without any core.exe
Ok...the desktop runs with 314.07 now (that was the one and only change on the desktop) but i changed nothing (really nothing!!!) on the laptop.....still runs with 327.xx were i got the core.exe regurlally in Victoria.
Tried Track 18 Victoria wet with the desktop....no core.exe
Got datamismatch with the laptop....have to check the cause...

Is/Was it now really a driver issue.....i can´t proof that...fuxx.!!!
Was something changed on the server options??

Arvoss

Quote from: C21 on February 11, 2014, 08:52:14 PM
It is still weird..... ???

Can play Albi HL on both desktop and laptop without any core.exe
Ok...the desktop runs with 314.07 now (that was the one and only change on the desktop) but i changed nothing (really nothing!!!) on the laptop.....still runs with 327.xx were i got the core.exe regurlally in Victoria.
Tried Track 18 Victoria wet with the desktop....no core.exe
Got datamismatch with the laptop....have to check the cause...

Is/Was it now really a driver issue.....i can´t proof that...fuxx.!!!

Maybe something was wrong with your internet. Maybe your router had some problems. Maybe your router got updated. Maybe the firewall was active. Difficult to find the cause now :/ But luckily you can play again! :D

C21

QuoteMaybe something was wrong with your internet. Maybe your router had some problems. Maybe your router got updated. Maybe the firewall was active.
And all these things should heal themselves w/o any notice??
Firewall was active and inactive, did not make any difference. it was a repeatable complaint.....which is now solved.....
The laptop did not have a firewall at all (Win7 firewall disabled).

>Right i can play now but i don´t know why......i hate that!!

Arvoss

Quote from: C21 on February 11, 2014, 10:15:23 PM
QuoteMaybe something was wrong with your internet. Maybe your router had some problems. Maybe your router got updated. Maybe the firewall was active.
And all these things should heal themselves w/o any notice??
Firewall was active and inactive, did not make any difference. it was a repeatable complaint.....which is now solved.....
The laptop did not have a firewall at all (Win7 firewall disabled).

>Right i can play now but i don´t know why......i hate that!!

Maybe your provider had some problems, don't know :P Everyting is possible ;)

dibu

Quote from: C21 on February 11, 2014, 08:52:14 PM

There was no change at my servers during the last weeks.