• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:22 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

agree, max, it's a real shame.

it's more or less a side effect of not using TC/AW and having clutch, rear brake and steering all on one stick. i don't really use the rear brake consciously unless i run extremely wide into a corner.

HornetMaX

But it's easy to fix, it's due to the "fog" values in the tracks config.
I wish one track-savvy person could fix this on any track that has this kind of problem.

Some tests I did for Noss: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzmU7Qoo77i1Y0VZOWh5dlctejA

The letter in the filename is for the condition (c = cloudy, r = rain, s = sunny).
The numbers (1/2/3/4) are 4 position son the track.
The "fog" value (0.0001, 0.0010 etc) are the fog density (.amb file of the track).

My conclusions at the time:

clear --> fog density 0.0001
cloudy --> fog density 0.0001 or 0.0002
rainy --> fog density 0.0004 or 0.0008

BOBR6 84

Nice riding vin!  ;)

those screens look loads better Max do i type in what you wrote at the bottom?

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on February 21, 2017, 09:15:53 PM
it's more or less a side effect of not using TC/AW and having clutch, rear brake and steering all on one stick. i don't really use the rear brake consciously unless i run extremely wide into a corner.
You should put a deadzone on the rear brake input to avoid that.

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 21, 2017, 10:23:35 PM
those screens look loads better Max do i type in what you wrote at the bottom?
You edit the track's .amb file (text) and change the value of fog density (thee's one value for each condition).

To be honest I don't  know if that generates a track mismatch online.
At any rate, it would be good to change this in all the tracks that have the issue.

Vini

I use a small deadzone on the rear brake and clutch and I'm not using the rear brake accidentally.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on February 22, 2017, 12:11:34 AM
I use a small deadzone on the rear brake and clutch and I'm not using the rear brake accidentally.

Uh, but you just said that ...

Quote from: vin97 on February 21, 2017, 09:15:53 PM

Vini

i'm using the rear brake as AW/TC but i'm not thinking about it. it came naturally from my controller layout and i only noticed i was doing it once i recorded myself with the inputs widget. if i had the rear brake on a seperate input, i probably wouldn't have started doing it. so it started out as an accident but turned out to be useful.

doubledragoncc

March 05, 2017, 10:24:50 PM #1329 Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 11:13:25 PM by doubledragoncc
Bloody Hell!!!

How many cores beteen us all? I got 3 sitting in the pits!!! 4th one just after the end of the race thank fook.

Great racing guys, best live one yet. I do appoligize to all other riders but it is rare to get a live scrap and I could not see any on the map. Still a lot of work needed on the live replay interface!!!

So the first live race of the year

https://www.youtube.com/v/ZHxV4VeUS7o&t=25s

YouTube still kills the quality but getting there

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Davide74

Thanks you very much DD, great work  ;)

doubledragoncc

YouTube is still processing so is not playing in HD yet

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 05, 2017, 10:24:50 PM
Bloody Hell!!!

How many cores beteen us all? I got 3 sitting in the pits!!! 4th one just after the end of the race thank fook.

Great racing guys, best live one yet. I do appoligize to all other riders but it is rare to get a live scrap and I could not see any on the map. Still a lot of work needed on the live replay interface!!!

So the first live race of the year

https://www.youtube.com/v/ZHxV4VeUS7o&t=25s

YouTube still kills the quality but getting there

DD

Watched the replay today DD and this was absolutely BRILLIANT mate! Best event yet I would say for close action with some brilliant riding by Loopa and davide... Very entertaining and great to watch! Just a shame Loopa lost it mid race as I'm sure the action would've continued right through till the end, but well done guys, all of you!... Brilliant job indeed!.  ;D 8)

Hawk.
PS: What's with the background music in the replays DD? Personally speaking I don't want to hear that during a replay of an event; you don't hear background music playing during replay programmes of MotoGP events on TV, so why in GPB? Just takes away from the atmosphere of the event as well as sounding terrible mate. Sorry but that's how I feel about background music in replays, it's a terrible idea because it's such an individual preference.... A bit like painting your apartment bright pink and thinking everybody will love this when in actual fact  the majority will hate it. Lol! Yeah, music in the background? Bad idea in my opinion mate.   ;) 8)

tchemi

Great !!!

So now it is official, my new name is 'Take me' ! ^^

doubledragoncc

Well the mudic was for me as I need something playing and needs to be legal BS lol

Will do without next time just for you

TakeMe..................LMFAO......................sorry bro but not sure how to pronounce it right. Besides I give most some kinda change of name lol

DD