• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:01 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urban Chaos 2.0

Oh? That's interesting. Is this something people have been complaining about for a ling time, then?

Hawk

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on March 25, 2017, 03:03:17 PM
Oh? That's interesting. Is this something people have been complaining about for a ling time, then?

Just to say it's an issue that bike physics authors can solve.  :)

Hawk

Urban Chaos 2.0

March 25, 2017, 05:06:34 PM #1352 Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:08:53 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Oh I see. Well I don't have the 2015 SBK bikes. They don't feel right to me at all. I only spent a few minutes on some of them though.

davidboda46

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on March 25, 2017, 01:00:09 PM
Your direct lean is apparently very high. Clearly that's why you've got the issue. Mine's at 10%, so I have no such problems. The implementation of a feature that allows us to control, the rate at which the rider twists the handle-bars for a given range of lean angle would fix your issue, and allow others to optimize things for themselves. For example: At full lean, we should be able to set the value to about 3/4 the speed of what it would be for half of the max lean.

I use my custom controller and have direct lean at 100%. You are right that less direct lean is a solution, but, then I have a terrible input lag and that ruins the feeling.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boss #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

doubledragoncc

Same here david, I use 120% linearity and am experimenting with settings to try and sort it out.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

Quote from: davidboda46 on March 24, 2017, 02:27:10 PM
If I ride the WSBK 2017 Ducati Panigale R on the same track, the bike's front end is more grounded, but that bike has more problems with suspension rocking instead (when the bike starts to act like grandmas rocking chair under braking).

I dont see these issues, same track, default setup, direct lean 100%...

https://www.youtube.com/v/xPqM97Fo7-8

doubledragoncc

Your using a gamwpad Blacky!!!

It is different with real controllers as you have better potentiometers and more movement in the actual control.

Piboso will never get it 100% real while just using a gamepad FACT!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

March 26, 2017, 07:48:35 PM #1357 Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:09:59 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 26, 2017, 07:38:20 PM

It is different with real controllers as you have better potentiometers and more movement in the actual control.

DD

I use a g27 (its a wheel, with a gamepad its quite impossible ride with a 100% direct lean) Yeah in the vid its the g27.

EDIT: davidbona46 complained about a bike issue that is not present, I responded he with a easy vid, the controller used is not important.

Urban Chaos 2.0

March 27, 2017, 04:28:47 AM #1358 Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:35:40 AM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Quote from: davidboda46 on March 26, 2017, 12:32:39 PM
I use my custom controller and have direct lean at 100%. You are right that less direct lean is a solution, but, then I have a terrible input lag and that ruins the feeling.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boss #46

Once again, it seems I knew what I was talking about after all, Hawk. Lol.

doubledragoncc

Sorry Blacky but the controller type means a lot. My handlebars can make steering input a lot faster than a wheel and almost as fast as a gamepads small movement.

I have used G27's in my original testing and it could not alter steering like a set of bars due to the actual rotational movement and not a direct leaning action

I am just trying to figure why this type of thing is happening in GPB as it really ruins the ride at times.

Maybe if we work together to find out what causes it, we could find the cure lol.

DD

BOBR6 84

Throttle control.... If you are on/off on/off.. It unsettles the bike and you constantly load/unload the suspension. Add the virtual rider trying to figure out what to do.. And uneven surfaces.. All seems legit to me.

Trail braking keeps the front loaded going in.. Try not to coast around the corners too much. Trail brake in! Get turned and fire it out with the bigger bikes.

doubledragoncc

I find I have to come off the gas to pick the bike up or it takes ages to get the bike back up. Have to say some bikes are better than others but has been really bad since beta10?

As you say H it is a lot to do with the lil dude not sure if he is meant to follow the bike up or stay leant over lol.

I am using auto rider lean left and right right now untill new rider contros are finished

DD

davidboda46

Quote from: Blackheart on March 26, 2017, 07:48:35 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 26, 2017, 07:38:20 PM

DD

I use a g27 (its a wheel, with a gamepad its quite impossible ride with a 100% direct lean) Yeah in the vid its the g27.

EDIT: davidbona46 complained about a bike issue that is not present, I responded he with a easy vid, the controller used is not important.

Dear Blackheart. Any time you're in Stockholm you're welcome to come over and do some laps with my rig. Until you have done that, please don't say bullshit like "complained about a bike issue that is not present". You do not hold all the answers, and you don't have all the facts. YOU don't have this problem, happy for you, but don't fucking tell me what's going on when I ride with my controllers.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Blackheart

Quote from: davidboda46 on March 27, 2017, 02:14:59 PM

Dear Blackheart. Any time you're in Stockholm you're welcome to come over and do some laps with my rig. Until you have done that, please don't say bullshit like "complained about a bike issue that is not present". You do not hold all the answers, and you don't have all the facts. YOU don't have this problem, happy for you, but don't fucking tell me what's going on when I ride with my controllers.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Controllers & bike phisics = no correlation, and this is a fact. If I use the GPX or g27 ... does not change anything about the bike attitude.

Bullshits? No its just as GP Bikes works, sorry.

davidboda46

It's like having a discussion with Kelly Anne Conway... I give up. Have fun with your wall mate.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46