• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:09:11 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Motion Simulator using GPB in Public!!!

Started by doubledragoncc, March 03, 2017, 12:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonJue

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2017, 07:25:45 PM
Quote from: grimm on March 24, 2017, 03:39:05 PM
I don't use GPB on a public basis, but the video's I share from youtube are always tagged up with the website URL and very clear mention of who developed the sim in the first place. Not sure it's ever convinced anyone to buy a license, but even if one person invested in it, it's totally worth it. :D

I would really like to see a simulator (motion type) that can get as violent as a real bike does in a big tank slapper out of a corner. The liability issues and safety issues that go with that are tremendous, but on a personal level it would be alot of fun to try out so long as there is a fail safe that shuts it down if the rider comes off the bike so you aren't at the mercy of a cartwheeling 400lb machine being translated into a chassis you are sitting on in real life.  :o

I would really like to see a simulator (motion type) that can get as violent as a real bike does in a big tank slapper out of a corner. Problem is they all overexagerate the movement AND the way the most people do it is from text books, not real life, so you end up with bullshit moped data made by a university guy claiming to know it all.  The liability issues and safety issues that go with that are tremendous, but on a personal level it would be alot of fun to try out so long as there is a fail safe that shuts it down if the rider comes off the bike so you aren't at the mercy of a cartwheeling 400lb machine being translated into a chassis you are sitting on in real life.  :o

I understand what you and many say about this BUT people still dont use the brain and realize without the forces of mother nature if a motion system moved as in real life the rider would be on the floor all the time!!! Stop dreaming and see the light. It is physicaly imposible to replicate riding a bike due to the actual physical movement and speed of force over such a minimul distance

The simple point is, SOFTWARE is what demands hardware, the hardware that controls the software must be of a certain design, If the design of the harware is incorrect it will not function correctly, BUT if the hardware is so designed that it compensates for as much of the non compatbility and the fact it is not the device the software being  used thinks it is, It works,

The problem with having a motion system that moves as a real bike is hitting a BIG negative that EVERYONE forgets, YOU are not moving, there are no forces of mother nature so as soon as the bike starts really flipping from side to side you are thrown to the floor!!! REAL PHYSICS!!!

THINK before you make comments and understand I got the bruises from testing this shit. Oh and thanks to Gean for being my test piggy

DD

DD
[/quote]

But half of what grimm suggests would still be better then sitting at your desk with a control pad.

PeterV

March 25, 2017, 12:43:56 PM #16 Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:46:26 PM by PeterV
Quote from: grimm on March 24, 2017, 03:39:05 PM
I would really like to see a simulator (motion type) that can get as violent as a real bike does in a big tank slapper out of a corner. The liability issues and safety issues that go with that are tremendous, but on a personal level it would be alot of fun to try out so long as there is a fail safe that shuts it down if the rider comes off the bike so you aren't at the mercy of a cartwheeling 400lb machine being translated into a chassis you are sitting on in real life.  :o

This an idea?  ;) ;D

https://www.youtube.com/v/jBBziBZ2jZA

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

grimm

Suit yourself, I'll just keep my opinions and idea's to myself from now on since it's constantly perceived as me not, "using my brain".  ???

PeterV

Grimm it is a bit of a joke and certainly not pointed at you or anyone else for that matter.
I just thought of the mechanical bull as a base too sit on while its hooked up too GPB, thought it might perhaps be a little idea ?
With a little  ;) because thats me i cant take shit too serious.