• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:05:05 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Nordschleife - AC conversion - help please

Started by h106frp, April 06, 2017, 09:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

April 06, 2017, 09:37:47 PM Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:49:27 PM by h106frp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ctW4QlgobdYTdwRFNTZXhLaGc/view?usp=sharing
updated 07/04 v0.2

@DD feel free to host it on track database

Converted but need help - team testing indicates some can run it easily and others struggle to load it.
Looking to see if its worth continuing.

If you could try the test model and report your experience with system details then much appreciated.

Model is full track with textures
No shading on this versions compile (would take to long for a test build)
Long press bike reset is troublesome

with my system i get 100 fps i5/8GB/GTX1050ti 6GB at 2.5k res/win7 64bit

Thanks for the help  :)

Update 23/10

OK, strictly WIP but just to test
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ctW4QlgobdQUpOVVNnVjZsNTQ/view?usp=sharing

Urban Chaos 2.0

April 06, 2017, 10:14:40 PM #1 Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 10:23:36 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Unfortunately, since my computer broke, I've been stuck with a piece of shit, 32bit, 2.8Ghz Dual Core, 3.5GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Edition computer... with a single GTX 770.

So, I can get the track to load, but it takes AGES, and once it loads up, it crashes GP Bikes. It's a high quality track, but texture quality, sadly needs to be reduced  :'(

EDIT: OK, I'm 100% sure it isn't a texture quality issue. Something else is wrong.

h106frp

Thanks for the feedback, all helps in trying to identify the root cause problem. It is a great track if you can get it to run on you system.

miki

It loads normally on my laptop

i5-4200m 2.5GHz, GeForce GT720m, 8GB Ram, Win 10, 64-bit

I tested with the WSBK 2015 Ducati, the track seemed to run fine at 60fps for a few minutes, after that I would get a massive drop for a couple seconds (1-2 fps) and further 10 seconds of 40fps followed by 60fps again. This seemed to be time triggered rather than a specific sport on the track because I've done a couple laps and it happened at steady intervals, in random places.

When I tried to reset the bike by holding the reset, I was put half a lap back by Aremberg twice.

Oh, and there seems to be a bit of texture missing on the inside of mini carousel, it was pure white both times I went by.

Other than that, the track looks and rides great. It feels just wide enough and flows nicely with no super slow corners in there.

h106frp

Thanks miki  :)

I will check that texture section - I think its concrete IRL on the inside but could do with a bit of colour to bring the texture out.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Goddamnit, I hope I'm not the only one who can't run it  :'(. Jesus. h106frp PLEASE do your best to ensure the track runs on most systems. PLEASE! Lol.

@miki: Have you made any custom changes to GP Bike's settings? I've set texture_quality to 1 in the gpbikes.ini, and have everything maxed out, but that's it. I've tried reducing all graphics settings as well as removing the "texture_quality" command, but the same issue remains. The track won't work.

JamoZ

April 06, 2017, 10:58:06 PM #6 Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 10:59:40 PM by JamoZ
Compared to the AC version the track feels a bit too narrow, or the bikes in GP bikes are too big ;)
For me it runs without any problems. 130+ fps troughout the whole track on max graphic settings on a gtx 780, a i7 3700k @ 4.5 ghz and 16gb . No problems loading aswell.

This is by far the best version of the ring we`ve ever had in GP bikes. Keep up the great work!

miki

@UrbanChaos I've got the texture quality 1 and everything maxed out

HornetMaX

Instant crash for me before reaching the track (on the "syncing" page).
Tried to lower graphics, replay size, texture quality, no plugin, close anything else. Always crash.

i5-2500K @4.4Ghz, GTX970, 16GB ram, win7 x64.

h106frp

First total crash to Max  :)

Strange, very similar spec to my machine  ???

miki

This is what the inside of mini carousel looks like to me

h106frp

April 06, 2017, 11:28:09 PM #11 Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:40:33 PM by h106frp
Quote from: JamoZ on April 06, 2017, 10:58:06 PM
Compared to the AC version the track feels a bit too narrow, or the bikes in GP bikes are too big ;)
For me it runs without any problems. 130+ fps troughout the whole track on max graphic settings on a gtx 780, a i7 3700k @ 4.5 ghz and 16gb . No problems loading aswell.

This is by far the best version of the ring we`ve ever had in GP bikes. Keep up the great work!

Track centreline is within 50m (in 21850m) so a simple 'scale up' would not work, i do wonder if the elevated position compared to a car makes it appear narrower. The track is the AC one before the official AC laserscan version as far as i know

I did spot the white texture  :) and you can see it in Bing maps as well, but agreed it neds a more convincing colour  :) On the to do list

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on April 06, 2017, 11:04:08 PM
First total crash to Max  :)

Strange, very similar spec to my machine  ???
Hmm recently I've been experiencing more crashes than usual, almost all of them at sturtup/going to track (some of them when I have Visual Studio 2015 open, as soon as I close it, all goes OK).
I also have troubles using Manu's Fuji, seems to be related to memory (weird).

Maybe it's just windows going rotten and needing a reinstall :)

h106frp

Very confused still, similar to what we had with CAWS team, hardware spec level does not appear to be the root cause problem.

miki

The inside looks like the rest of the track in this on-board, have they redone the surface recently?

https://youtu.be/BjeXN1ljdUA?t=7m40s