• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:00 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Making use of 6DOF headtracking, among other things

Started by passerBy, April 05, 2017, 07:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passerBy

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 07, 2017, 08:00:54 PM
Replace what ?! If you have the 2015 redist installed, installing the 2010 ones will not replace anything: all the redist versions live in parallel ...
You should have all of the installed (from 2010 on, maybe even from 2008 on).
Well, at least the installator was asking me explicitly if I want the newer files to be replaced with the older ones from the package. Win10 here (could be the source of my woes).

Quote from: passerBy on April 07, 2017, 05:06:06 PM
No, that's not ok, because as I already mentioned, I got vJoy installed already. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to use FreePIE with it ;)
We seem to have a similar problem, except for me after the "hammer" it shows the dialog urging me to "download vJoy". As long as everything else works, I don't care either.
Hmm does the same for me now ... it's like it isn't recognizing vjoy is there. Weird.
I'll ask on OT github.
Also, OT doesn't seem to work with any other vJoy devices apart from the 1st one.

HornetMaX

Quote from: passerBy on April 07, 2017, 08:44:18 PM
Replace what ?! If you have the 2015 redist installed, installing the 2010 ones will not replace anything: all the redist versions live in parallel ...
Well, at least the installator was asking me explicitly if I want the newer files to be replaced with the older ones from the package. Win10 here (could be the source of my woes).
That shouldn't be a problem, it means that Microsoft has updated their redist (most of the times to fix bug and security issues). It's always safe to upgrade them.

passerBy

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 07, 2017, 08:58:58 PM
That shouldn't be a problem, it means that Microsoft has updated their redist (most of the times to fix bug and security issues). It's always safe to upgrade them.
I wouldn't call replacing newer dlls in the system with older ones an "upgrade". What if some important process would try to call up a function from the dll that is missing from the older version of it?

Grooveski

April 07, 2017, 10:14:39 PM #33 Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:16:52 PM by Grooveski
Also, OT doesn't seem to work with any other vJoy devices apart from the 1st one.

You can use UJR to merge multiple controllers into one big vjoy device.
http://evilc.com/files/ahk/vjoy/ujr.zip

P.S.  Last time I tried it the Hats section still wasn't functioning so max out the button number(32) in vjoy so you can assign hats as buttons.
(might be working these days - that was a while ago)

HornetMaX

Quote from: passerBy on April 07, 2017, 09:46:29 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 07, 2017, 08:58:58 PM
I wouldn't call replacing newer dlls in the system with older ones an "upgrade". What if some important process would try to call up a function from the dll that is missing from the older version of it?
Oups, I misread your sentence, yeah no reason to downgrade the version of redist (even if I think each version of the same redist maintains some sort of binary compatibility with the other otherwise it would be a giant pain at each update). S no, need to downgrade but it's unlikely the issue comes from the different version of redist version (a new version can't break existing stuff).

passerBy

Quote from: Grooveski on April 07, 2017, 10:14:39 PM

You can use UJR to merge multiple controllers into one big vjoy device.
http://evilc.com/files/ahk/vjoy/ujr.zip

P.S.  Last time I tried it the Hats section still wasn't functioning so max out the button number(32) in vjoy so you can assign hats as buttons.
(might be working these days - that was a while ago)
I rather wanted to be able to choose a particular vJoy device to work with OpenTrack. At the moment it's not a priority, though. Thank you anyway, I might find a use for that app.

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 07, 2017, 10:33:42 PM
Oups, I misread your sentence, yeah no reason to downgrade the version of redist (even if I think each version of the same redist maintains some sort of binary compatibility with the other otherwise it would be a giant pain at each update). S no, need to downgrade but it's unlikely the issue comes from the different version of redist version (a new version can't break existing stuff).
Well, I don't know what might be causing it. I felt like reinstalling the OS for quite a while already, to be honest. It's Windows, after all :) Still haven't figured out what makes my wheel stick to 180 degrees of rotation while in GPB either. Might as well solve a bunch a problems with a single reinstall.