• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:17:17 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Track creation assets thread?

Started by TFC, April 17, 2017, 06:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TFC

Does anyone fancy creating and maintaining a thread for people to upload track assets for others to use?

I know there was a mention of this briefly in another thread and I said I'd maintain one over on MXB so I did just that:

http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1712.0

It's only been up a day but hopefully it will soon fill up. Anything posted on MXB can be copied and posted here and vice versa.

What do you guys think?

Hawk

Wouldn't it be better to open a free account at MEGA(50GB free), list the assets in there and just provide a link to that database? Surely a lot better than having a thread full of links?  :)
Would be good to just use a dedicated forum thread to maybe post pics of any assets that are inside the database?

Just my thoughts on this idea.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

TFC

I don't mind doing it this way. Gives people the option to browse, see preview pictures, pick and choose what they want, and gives uploaders the option to remove things easily if they want to.

However, if it grows to the point that it's worth it at least on the MXB forum, it will be included in the FTP / Sync pack.

Reactive

April 17, 2017, 09:39:42 PM #3 Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 11:02:49 PM by Reactive
3 years ago I asked to create asset library, nobody care  ;D
Also, if anyone need models of trees and bushes, I have some
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

TFC

Quote from: Reactive on April 17, 2017, 09:39:42 PM
3 years ago I asked to create asset library, nobody care  ;D

Helpful...   ;D lol

I wasn't around here 3 years ago, only on the MXB board ;).. Still, seems like a good idea, if we want to make track creation more accessible to people, and make life easier for each other.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Yeah, this would great stuff for GP Bikes. Let's just hope folks don't get stingy with their assets, haha.

AUSSIEDIRT

I wish I could figure out the whole track making procces

paulieGTR

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on April 17, 2017, 10:15:36 PM
Yeah, this would great stuff for GP Bikes. Let's just hope folks don't get stingy with their assets, haha.
Yeah, i have ~terabyte of models and textures, all Dosch, Arroway etc.
I've just never got around to uploading anywhere, so yeah, maybe mega is the way to go.  :)
Rig: W10Pro64 anni - haf932+M1000 1kw - M6F.rog - 4770K - 16gbTridentX - evgaTitanX Sc - 3xAsus27" - 24"acer Dashmeterpro+BU0836x+Pro-Gauge+tir5pro - SSD's all over

CapeDoctor