• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:40:56 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Need help to learn how to make bikes

Started by Kaidicko, May 07, 2017, 04:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaidicko

May 07, 2017, 04:29:33 PM Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 05:01:57 PM by Kaidicko
Hi guys, I'm new to GPBikes but have been enjoying the game and the mods a lot.
I wish to make my own bike in the game (Kawasaki Ninja 300 race bike) but I have no idea where to get started.

I did try using another bike to use the files from but there a re points where I am clueless on what to do, especially making the models.
I did read a lot on the forums but I'm a bit inept so I couldn't quite understand what to do...

If anyone can help just a little bit that would be great, Thanks!

TFC

Unfortunately a little bit of help won't get you very far. Thankfully there are some very helpful people here including myself that can offer advise.

My advise would be, if you don't want to pay out for a 3d package, download Blender and follow some beginners tutorials. There are great ones on YouTube.

Then when you understand the interface and controls, and how to manipulate meshes properly, start by searching for what you need to know to model a bike for a game.

Key places to start: Orthographic editing with reference background pictures, mirror modifier, and UV unwrapping, texturing.

Be prepared to start the same project again and again, the better you get, the more you'll want to go back and change what you did badly at the start.

And don't give up, be determined, the results are well worth the effort ;)

Good luck!

Kaidicko

Quote from: TheFatController on May 07, 2017, 05:22:10 PM
Unfortunately a little bit of help won't get you very far. Thankfully there are some very helpful people here including myself that can offer advise.

My advise would be, if you don't want to pay out for a 3d package, download Blender and follow some beginners tutorials. There are great ones on YouTube.

Then when you understand the interface and controls, and how to manipulate meshes properly, start by searching for what you need to know to model a bike for a game.

Key places to start: Orthographic editing with reference background pictures, mirror modifier, and UV unwrapping, texturing.

Be prepared to start the same project again and again, the better you get, the more you'll want to go back and change what you did badly at the start.

And don't give up, be determined, the results are well worth the effort ;)

Good luck!

Thanks a lot man, at least I know I need to start with Blender. I did originally think it had something to do with it but I wasn't sure
Thank you for the reply :D