• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:06:51 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

CAWS MOD team - TRACK RELEASE - Brands Hatch

Started by h106frp, May 07, 2017, 11:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

May 07, 2017, 11:02:03 PM Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 11:10:31 PM by Napalm Nick
CAWS team, new version of Brands Hatch, V0.4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ctW4QlgobdVDFhLUtRZ1NMczQ/view?usp=sharing

Any issues with loading or running the track may require the LAA hack for core.exe
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=4850.0
Enjoy.

nurb

nurb

I have tried the track and i cannot even load the track because it cores every time and ive never had this problem with any track :(

h106frp

This is a big modern track, are you using the LAA core.exe?

doubledragoncc

May 08, 2017, 07:33:24 AM #4 Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 07:55:13 AM by doubledragoncc
Thanks guys will get it on database and test today

DD

EDIT: Just tried it and OMG I love you!!!! Brilliant work and great cams that work. I will e putting it in the championship instead of the snett

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

Thanks for testing DD, noticed a couple of issues that want fixing for on-line racing (mainly pit definitions and some racedata), so a V0.5 is in the pipeline.

doubledragoncc

Race wont be until 16th July with luck if you can do it by then.

Soooooooo happy to have this track like this at last

BIG THANKS

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

Another lovely job H.   8)

...and nicely done Nick with the camera set.  DD's right - it's a good 'un.   ;)

CapeDoctor

the track sure looks great, however, maybe time for an upgrade for me, i'm not sure, but it's almost unplayable for me due to massive frame-drops, especially in the pit area, Druids, and then further along Dingle/Stirlings areas, just way too much for my rig, it seems.
thought it might be the mod bikes i was using, but i have the same issue with the stock bikes.
my specs:
i5 cpu, GTX480 w/1.5GB vram, 8GB ram, win 7 64-bit
wish i could give a happier report, Brands is my favorite Brit track  8)

Manu

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

h106frp

Thanks Manu.

@CapeDoctor - Not sure why your system should struggle quite so much.
Have you tried turning down the texture detail slider a notch? If I understand PiBosos previous comments this should significantly reduce texture memory requirements.
You could also try turning off shaders - the track uses quite a few. Most graphic cards from the last 10 years should have no issues with the basic geometry processing.

Might be worth running a quick benchmark on your system/video just in case something possibly needs updating on your system drivers side.

CapeDoctor

h106frp, thanks for that info - i turned my textures down to medium, and hey presto! now i can get to grips with what seems to be the best version of Brands so far!  ;D back to a steady 60fps, hooray!

HornetMaX

Lovely job h106frp !

I've seen a few issues but they are the usual stuff (some flickering textures, some weird alpha sorting in trees) but they may not be your "fault".

When will you brits run out of brit tracks and start covering what's missing in terms of MotoGP tracks worldwide ? :)

h106frp

No problem, from what I can gather it scales back the texture size by ^2 each time so it should reduce the texture memory requirement to a 1/4 of the precious setting each click.

If we wanted to future proof the models a bit I suppose we should texture them so the game runs well with the textures at the 50% setting, then as people get new hardware they can still increase the detail and enjoy a bit of new eye candy to reward the new purchase  :)

Glad you are finally able to enjoy the track.

Cheers Max, I have a few ideas that may help with the remaining flickering textures, but I am surprised by the tree Z sorting issues.
Still struggling with compiling issues for these 'new' style tracks using the existing tools so progress is slow but we do have a few more in the pipeline hopefully.

CapeDoctor

another great Brit track is Oulton Park, and i'm surprised we don't have a version for GPB yet. any plans in the works for Oulton, if i may venture to ask...?  ;D