• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

CAWS MOD team - TRACK RELEASE - Brands Hatch

Started by h106frp, May 07, 2017, 11:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passerBy

Great job, CAWS!

Some nitpicking follows...
The grass texture seems a little bit repetitive and the track surface is maybe a bit more bumpy that it should have been. Other than that, love the track.
Hopefully, Oulton and Cadwell will follow ;)

h106frp

The track surface is a high def mesh and not billiard table flat, it is also quite an accurate representation ;)

It would be nice to add the 3D grass and some texture variance but we are already at the limits of a 32bit track compile  :(

passerBy

Quote from: h106frp on May 10, 2017, 04:17:39 PM
The track surface is a high def mesh and not billiard table flat, it is also quite an accurate representation ;)
Just felt a tad on the bumpy side even with the softest suspension practical (KTM RC8), but nothing too extreme :)
Not a fan of billiard tables myself (except for the real ones :) ), so for me it's best to have maybe a little more rough physical road texture than no physical road texture at all.

QuoteIt would be nice to add the 3D grass and some texture variance but we are already at the limits of a 32bit track compile  :(
That's a pity. Maybe at some point we'll see the 64-bit GPB at last :)

h106frp

Amongst the CAWS team we do have some unanswered questions about the new tyre spring values as these seem to have a big impact on how the suspension reacts to small undulations. Try riding very slowly over a modelled rumble strip and see what you think of the bikes reaction.

passerBy

Quote from: h106frp on May 10, 2017, 05:57:30 PM
Amongst the CAWS team we do have some unanswered questions about the new tyre spring values as these seem to have a big impact on how the suspension reacts to small undulations. Try riding very slowly over a modelled rumble strip and see what you think of the bikes reaction.
Ah, so you think it might be the tyre spring values? I never gave that a thought, to be honest. Thanks for the idea, I'll check what you suggested later and tell you.

Just to clarify, I use the directsteer=2 mode on a G27 wheel with FFB, so I might be more affected than others. On the other hand, I think this mode might be more useful for testing new bikes and tracks than either the default steering or directsteer=1 without FFB.

Syd

h106frp : Beautiful track.  Thanks!
My rig is a little old, so I didn't think I could play it and sure enough I got a lowest of 18fps on SF straight with my existing grahics settings (all maxed out), but with textures at minimum, fps is back up to 100 or more, plays nicely and not that much different to look at. Thanks for the advice on that.

I did find an infinity hole in the track, though not somewhere you would go unless incredibly stupid (aherm). In my defense I was admiring the lovely scenery. If you set off from the pits there is a concrete block with the Brands Hatch sign on the left, drive into it and you go down under.

h106frp

Thanks for the bug report  - noted  :)

CapeDoctor

you guys probably considered this already, but i'm going to put in an early request for a possible conversion option for the Indy layout?
in fact, seeing as some such as myself have had to turn down graphics settings a bit, it might be more playable on full graphics, with the shortened version.
not sure how it works, but it seems like if you could simply 'chop off' the entire GP part, and move the bollard/markers, and hey presto! a top quality Brands Indy version, and easier on the memory, too?
probably not that easy, lol. but still... got my request in early ;)

h106frp

The correct method is to make a new sub folder with the alternative layout - but this does keep the original track model.

passerBy

Tried riding over rumble strips today... Can't say I noticed anything weird. Maybe I just didn't know what to look for. What surprised me, however, is that they weren't very bumpy at all, which is nice :)

Giving it another thought, the track bumpiness seems to be on par with other circuits modeled for GPB, so I guess it's fine.

Changing tyre pressures on the RC8 didn't really help me with getting a smoother ride. Too bad, I hoped I could dial out the FFB harshness without reducing the FFB strength.

Syd

The MV triple is great around this track. Best fun I've had in GP Bikes for some time. Being Ago for while 8) Actually, it would be nice to have a full grid of MVs growling around here. Can you imagine the noise!