• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:56:31 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[Old] WSBK 2017 Ducati Panigale R - comment/suggestion

Started by Italian Mod Team, February 14, 2017, 08:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tosteetos

Maybe I'm not explaining myself right.

When you pull the brakes all the way in in a real bike (Specially a race superbike), when you grab a handful of brakes, what happens? you are going to either lock up the front and slide it or flip it if there's enough speed and grip. This is not what happens with the Panigale or any of the 2017 WSBK set.  The bikes perform beautifully, but I've found the breaking isn't realistic and feels assisted and inconsistent. By the way the R1M you are riding here does not suffer from what I'm mentioning. Braking is very consistent and linear.

Anyways, it's not important, just noticed it wasn't realistic and wanted to see if it was meant to be like that, maybe ABS or something, which I think it shouldn't if it is a race bike. Try the SBK 2015 set for instance, compare both Panigales, even in torque, the 2017 feels a bit underpowered compared to the 2017. In the 2015 set, all of the bike have realistic braking, pull too much and you are going to flip the bike. I feel it's too easy and arcadish in the 2017 set.

Just an opinion, still love the bikes though. 

CapeDoctor

hi Tosteetos
i went and tried this Panigale out for the first time at Mugello track, and all i can say is i had no problem locking up the front brakes on this bike, flipping myself over the bars, or any such thing.
i did it for the first time coming out of the pits, so i thought to myself, maybe you mean with warm tyres. so, i then did two laps, tried going full Chuck Norris on the front brakes, and again, no problems at all putting myself into the asphalt.
i tried at slow, medium and high speeds.
came down the straight at full tilt, hit full front brakes as i went over the line at around 300km/h, and slammed myself right over the front of the bike into the ground.
so, my record of being able to crash any bike remains unchallenged :D
it must be something to do with your settings, if not from GPB settings, maybe your controller's settings?

Blackheart

May 15, 2017, 12:52:20 PM #47 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:22:36 PM by Blackheart
Maybe now someone will understand that the bike has not problem with the brakes.  ::)

https://www.youtube.com/v/GKBRXR78420

P.S. For information the 2015 Panigale mod is 146kg (if for you its more realistic ok... ) and the IMT 2017 170kg... So maybe before call a mod "arcadish"... think twice.

In sbk the bike must weight a minimum of 168kg...

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: Blackheart on May 15, 2017, 12:52:20 PM
P.S. For information the 2015 Panigale mod is 146kg (if for you its more realistic ok... ) and the IMT 2017 170kg... So maybe before call a mod "arcadish"... think twice.

In sbk the bike must weight a minimum of 168kg...

The SBK 2015 set is an unrealistic pile of garbage. I hardly spent 5 mins on those bikes before deleting them.

Syd

Quote from: Blackheart on May 15, 2017, 12:52:20 PM
Maybe now someone will understand that the bike has not problem with the brakes.  ::)

https://www.youtube.com/v/GKBRXR78420

Same as Tosteetos, I can't do that in the video with the default setup. But I think you should be able to.
I can only do it if I increase the front leverage to 16. I presume you have set yours on 16 Blackheart?

Blackheart

May 15, 2017, 06:58:35 PM #50 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:16:48 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: Syd on May 15, 2017, 06:43:55 PM
Same as Tosteetos, I can't do that in the video with the default setup. But I think you should be able to.
I can only do it if I increase the front leverage to 16. I presume you have set yours on 16 Blackheart?

18mm in the vid, I use 16 just for Superpole setups.

EDIT: Its possible flip the bike also with a lever at 20mm but not at low speed (maybe with low fuel, but not tried)

Blackheart

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on May 15, 2017, 08:22:58 PM
Shame in GP bikes this it is not possible  :'(  (  ;D )

https://www.youtube.com/v/6s5U-PAe834

That video really does show how 'Gamey' Ride 2 physics really are! Lol

Hawk.

Tosteetos

Thanks, Syd brought some light on the subject. Changing the leverage settings fixed it. Killer brakes now. Thanks everyone!

I wasn't trying to flip the bike for the sake of flipping the bike, we don't buy GPB to flip bikes, right? I was just curious as to what was the issue  ;D