• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:17:14 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxTyre - A tool to visualize/edit the GPB tyre model

Started by HornetMaX, December 27, 2014, 05:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Ach, one little bug: when you open a file previously saved with the tool and then you save it again, you have the comment lines twice.
Not a big issue but can be confusing.

HornetMaX

v1.5b out:

• Fix for the bug above: the comment lines added by MaxTyre are now prefixed with ";##" and are correctly handled when ew-writing them.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 26, 2016, 05:32:23 PM
v1.5b out:

• Fix for the bug above: the comment lines added by MaxTyre are now prefixed with ";##" and are correctly handled when ew-writing them.

Thanks Max.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Hawk

On the fx tab, when I alter the camber slider the graph doesn't seem to update the curves? Is this correct or a bug Max?

Hawk.

Hawk

When you alter the tab values and save, then if you close MaxTyre and run it again and then load in the previously altered tyre it shows it back at default values on the graph instead of at the newly altered values?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on September 27, 2016, 12:07:58 PM
On the fx tab, when I alter the camber slider the graph doesn't seem to update the curves? Is this correct or a bug Max?
It is surprising indeed, but the problem is not in my code I think. I'm asking PiBoSo here: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3760.0

Quote from: Hawk on September 27, 2016, 02:36:19 PM
When you alter the tab values and save, then if you close MaxTyre and run it again and then load in the previously altered tyre it shows it back at default values on the graph instead of at the newly altered values?
Everything seems to work fine for me.

Can you give me an exact example ? Which value do you change ?
Can you show (the relevant part of) the original file and the one saved ?
What exactly are you looking at when you say "it shows it back at default values on the graph instead of at the newly altered values" ?

Hawk

I loaded in the rear tyre into the MF1(Column).
I altered the fx tab value sliders(fz factor/Side Slip) to change the shape of the curves.
I also altered the fy tab value sliders(fz factor/Long Slip/Camber) to change the shape of the curves.
I then saved the file.

I then wanted to load the front tyre in the MF1(column) and the rear tyre into the MF2(Column) to compare the curves from both front and rear tyres and found that the two tyres had exactly the same curves as default tab slider values. The slider values I set for the rear tyres appeared same as default settings, and curves for both tyres appears the same in each tab graph screen. I expected the saved rear tyre settings/curve to appear exactly as I'd saved it? I also expected the front tyre curve to be different to the rear as I'd altered the saved rear tyre file.

I'd send you the files concerned, but they wouldn't tell you anything because the curves on both tyre files appear the same for some reason? But if the front and rear tyre files would help you investigate then I'd be happy to send you them, just let me know mate.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

The sliders do not alter anything of the tyre model: the tyre model is described by the parameters in the "table" on the left.

The Fz_factor slider alters the load on the tyre with respect to its normal value (i.e. a factor 1.1 = +10%). All the curves depend on that value but it's not part of the model (it's the "weight" the tyre sees).
The side_slip is "how much the tyre is sliding sideways". The camber is the lean angle of the bike. All 3 depends on the particular situation the bike is in.

Once you fix the parameters on the left table, you can have a look at the curves in different conditions: for example default load, no side slip and no camber (i.e .bike vertical going straight), or +10% load, some side slip and 45deg camber (bike in a turn).

Hawk

Oh right! Now I see.... I edit the parameters on the left and then set the sliders for the graph to show what the tyre model is doing accordingly.... Got it. ;)

Thanks Max.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

v1.6 out:

• Option to avoid writing to the .tyre file the parameters with zero value (makes the file smaller and easier to read).
  • Color coding of parameters in the table: red if modified with respect to the loaded file, black unmodified, light grey if zero.
  • Menu command/shortcut to reset an entire model to its original parameters.
  • Fix the legend (one numeric value was wrong, 0.00 instead of 1.00).

Hawk

Stout Johnson

I just wanted to say: a very nice tool MaX! Very helpful indeed! I just recently stumbled upon this tool, since I had been off from GPB for a while, I did not even know that it existed.

Thanks for the effort creating and maintaining this.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

LOOPATELI

Critical   1: trying to get MF param name with idx 78 (max is 45) !!

I get this king of error with any tipe of tyre when I scroll down in the parameters tab, any idea?

CapeDoctor

how would i find out more about this mysterious Magic Formula.....?   ;D ???

HornetMaX

Quote from: LOOPATELI on May 16, 2017, 06:16:08 PM
Critical   1: trying to get MF param name with idx 78 (max is 45) !!

I get this king of error with any tipe of tyre when I scroll down in the parameters tab, any idea?
When it looks like a bug, smells like a bug and behaves like a bug ... well, it's likely a bug.
Not sure how I missed this but whatever ...

Quote from: CapeDoctor on May 16, 2017, 06:52:38 PM
how would i find out more about this mysterious Magic Formula.....?   ;D ???
Google 'tyre magic formula', or get the Pacejka book (Tyre and Vehicle Dynamics - H.B. Pacejka).