• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:27:47 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

eMotorsports?

Started by PiBoSo, May 17, 2017, 10:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

miki

Personally it seems silly to me, especially with a game like MotoGP17.

Hawk

We been saying this sort of thing will happen for years now Pib...... Do you still think online racing and championship facilities/utilities isn't a main priority for GPB?

If GPBikes was rock solid stable and V1.0 you could've stood a good chance being noticed for such an interest from these guys wanting to create online championships; still could in the future if you can speed up development of GPB.  :)

In the meantime that piece of crap(MotoGP from Milestone) is going to get all the glory and in a lot of respects ruin the foundation for realistic online motorcycle racing championships. Notice I said, "Realistic"? This is where your niche is and what you should concentrate on for the online championship capabilities and not the Gameboys that will use Milestones MotoGP. Keep it real!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

miki

I think the problem is majority of people would find GPBikes too challenging and the learning curve too steep. Sure, bikers will like it, but there really isn't that many around compared to general population; and of the ones out there, how many will be interested in playing a racing sim?

That being said, GPBikes would be a much better choice for a project like this. Then again, Milestone does make the 'official' motogp game so it makes sense for them to use it if the project is run in association with DORNA :-\

Hawk

Quote from: miki on May 18, 2017, 12:59:17 AM
I think the problem is majority of people would find GPBikes too challenging and the learning curve too steep. Sure, bikers will like it, but there really isn't that many around compared to general population; and of the ones out there, how many will be interested in playing a racing sim?

That being said, GPBikes would be a much better choice for a project like this. Then again, Milestone does make the 'official' motogp game so it makes sense for them to use it if the project is run in association with DORNA :-\

I think the point is that if Dorna were behind GPBikes in creating genuine realistic online MotoGP champs then I guarantee you that would pull in thousands of these Milestone-Gameboys to learn to ride and race properly in GPBikes just to be able to take part in what would be considered the blue ribbon of online motoGP racing; online racing using milestone rubbish would be considered for riders who couldn't hack the best... and there lies the challenge that anyone interested with a competitive spirit couldn't resist taking part. This is how it would be if only the vision was there to see it and make it happen.   ;) ;)

I'm sure Dorna would rather go with a realistic bikesim than a bike game that is SO obviously not realistic by any sense of the word..... GPBikes just needs a good spit and polish and a bloody good service to make it run rock-solid online.
Lets face it, all Milestone have as a plus on GPBikes at this time is it's eye-candy and official licencing from Dorna... I'm sure that could be turned around if GPBikes was finally complete and finished together with all the tools for modders fully developed and working properly, and also the modding tools being designed to work with industry standard professional applications and not aimed at the freebie amateur app market. Professionals will give you professional mods - freebie or amateur app users will give you armature standard mods.... It's quite simple when you stop to think about it. So in my opinion, aim and design the mod tools for the professional dev apps and not the amateur dev apps. Think about the future possibilities, think BIG I say!

Online racing will be a massive thing in the not so distant future, and realistic physics will be it's foundation. What's needed to set it all off is a grid full of good riders to show this vision to the world who can not only ride a realistic bike sim well online but also know how to race properly and know what they are doing when riding close to other riders without crashing or causing others to crash. We have seen a few examples of great riding and close racing online recently and it's great to watch; we need more of it!

As far as I can see, the motoGP fans have been and are still waiting for a developer to come along with the right piece of kit to make all this happen.... Have been since the release of GP500 and the relatively recent advances and accessibility for the majority of users in telecommunication speeds in my opinion, and yet that trophy is surprisingly still up for grabs to the developer who has that vision to make this happen.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on May 18, 2017, 06:15:51 AM
I'm sure Dorna would rather go with a realistic bikesim than a bike game that is SO obviously not realistic by any sense of the word.....
I'm sure Dorna goes with whoever brings more money. The rest is irrelevant.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on May 17, 2017, 11:45:34 PM
We been saying this sort of thing will happen for years now Pib...... Do you still think online racing and championship facilities/utilities isn't a main priority for GPB?

If GPBikes was rock solid stable and V1.0 you could've stood a good chance being noticed for such an interest from these guys wanting to create online championships; still could in the future if you can speed up development of GPB.  :)

In the meantime that piece of crap(MotoGP from Milestone) is going to get all the glory and in a lot of respects ruin the foundation for realistic online motorcycle racing championships. Notice I said, "Realistic"? This is where your niche is and what you should concentrate on for the online championship capabilities and not the Gameboys that will use Milestones MotoGP. Keep it real!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

At the moment there isn't enough money around racing eSports to justify the creation of all the tracks and bikes for a full season.
So the only option for Dorna is to use a game that already has the license and all the needed content. Plus, console versions.

The real question is: how many will be interested in following that championship? Does it have a future?
eSports sustain themselves with viewers, that attract sponsors and media coverage.

What do you think?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Napalm Nick

I think it is great! The more motorcycle initiatives the better.

But damn! I just wish it was with your game Pib. I really do. :(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Yeah a finger needs to be pulled out to get gpbikes completed.. Or leave it as it is and let modders take over.. But doing that, nothing will be official so...  :-\

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 18, 2017, 11:05:06 AM
Quote from: Hawk on May 17, 2017, 11:45:34 PM

Hawk.

At the moment there isn't enough money around racing eSports to justify the creation of all the tracks and bikes for a full season.
So the only option for Dorna is to use a game that already has the license and all the needed content. Plus, console versions.
This is where the modders come in - to initially get the whole thing off the ground totally free - the passion is there in the GPBike modding community to do this, I'm sure of it.
With the right modding tools we can supply any amount of bikes and tracks needed, including near real fantasy named tracks if we have any issues with licensing authorities.
Then when the inevitable interest starts to come from the bigger sponsors and companies, GPBikes will be in a position where it's proven itself to be "The" piece of kit to service the eSport MotoGP market, and I'm sure some of the modders could possibly benefit from that too.
But to get there, you(Piboso) would have to play your part in providing a rock solid online eSport experience for the competitors and spectators. The rest will come from the GPBike community in providing the characters, and skilled riders to show the world how good realistically simulated MotoGP eSport can be.

Dorna will eventually go where the real interest lies, and the real interest with eSports lies in it's realism: If Piboso can bring GPBikes up to scratch to service this eSport market then I'm damn sure Dorna would be more interested in GPBikes for it's vision of eSport than Milestones gamey product. It's not all about the money Dorna could make from this, I'm sure for Dorna it's more about promoting MotoGP to any potential fans for the future of the sport itself, and that relies on them backing the most realistic representation of MotoGP for it's vision of eSport.

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 18, 2017, 11:05:06 AM
The real question is: how many will be interested in following that championship? Does it have a future?
eSports sustain themselves with viewers, that attract sponsors and media coverage.

What do you think?

I think that eSport at this time is still in it's embryonic stage, especially were MotoGP eSport events are concerned. It's only relatively recent that technology has advanced to a stage were anyone connected to the internet with a decent speed can viably take part in organised eSport events; it's one of those areas of entertainment that given the tools by the developers to do what the viewers want to see will take off, not initially through heavy sponsorship from big companies but this will build from a grass roots level up(from the competitors and event organisers themselves). From there it will eventually attract the attention of bigger sponsors and organisations once they realise it's growing popularity and it's full potential; we are already seeing Dorna showing interest, not just because like Max was saying that they are only interested in the money, but they are also interested because they know what it can do for MotoGP and it's future popularity and subsequent spectator attendance at the real-life MotoGP events. They see it as a public relations selling point, that is the real reason Dorna are showing interest; the money to be made will just be a bonus for them in my opinion, the same as extra bums on seats at real-life events is a bonus from any money they spend on advertising MotoGP events; this is why they are testing the ground to sponsor/fund this sort of thing. They are just doing it with the wrong company in my opinion because they don't know of anyone or company that could do a better(more realistic) job.

Yes, in my opinion Dorna are dealing with the wrong company in 'Milestone' but don't yet realise it because they think 'Milestone' is the Dogs-Bollocks of creating Motorcycle games not realistic simulations, and realistic simulation is what the eSport market will, if not initially, come to realise is what the public/viewers want to see, and the only thing that will give eSport the respect and reverence that will allow it to flourish into the future is the viewers knowledge that riding one of these simulated MotoGP bikes in an eSport event needs a lot of skill and talent similar to the real life MotoGP and that the bikes are realistically simulated MotoGP bikes.
I mean who would give a damn about riders who race in Milestone MotoGP events knowing how easy it is to ride those bikes because of the gamey physics they've applied to the bikes? There would be no sense of awe or respect for what the riders can do in a Milestone MotoGP event because anyone willing to practice a little can achieve the same results, were in GPBikes you need real talent and skill to be the best because of it's realistic physics simulation of the bikes.... That is what will make the difference, and that is why I say that Dorna are making a big mistake by backing Milestone because after the initial interest from that project, simply because they will inevitably promote it as "The Ultimate MotoGP eSport Experience", people(viewers) will soon come to realise that it's boring to watch because of it's lack of realism; viewers are not stupid, they will realise it's nothing like realistic and soon be turned-off from it, and this is why I say they will end-up ruining the foundation of the potential of what eSport can become if done properly. You can't blame Dorna, as I say, they think Milestone is the Dogs-Bollocks in creating the most realistic MotoGP games possible..... I bet they don't even know about how good the physics are in GPBikes and what is possible as far as realism is concerned; otherwise if they had any sense they'd want to work with you to achieve the vision they have for MotoGP eSport. Sadly, your(Piboso) only drawback in their eyes would be your lack of resources to get GPBikes to where it needs to be to represent their vision anytime soon. But that's not to say Dorna wouldn't be interested to part company with Milestone if GPBikes can be brought up to spec in the relatively near future!  :)

In my opinion, the eSport MotoGP market is there to be had with GPBikes Piboso, but only if you crack on and get GPBikes up to spec to be able to service that market reliably:)

So in answer to your question, yes, I think that there is a viable future for MotoGP eSport if done properly, and I believe the events will gradually grow and grow in popularity as the word gets around if what the spectators are viewing is a realistic representation of MotoGP. But because it's an embryonic market it's a market that needs a product to create that market, and I believe GPBikes fully developed and targeted at this market could easily take over as the product to have for MotoGP eSport.

Hawk.

vali_grad

No way !
The audience for motorcycle games is narrower than car games (sim & arcade together) .
To be honest gp bikes is the hardest to get confortable with compared to any games/sims to date .
personally I can compare the learning curve & experience of gp bikes with fsx, a lot of stuff to get into the game to have fun and a lot more settings to have a good run.
With every update the game is ironed out, crashes & bugs seem abolished... but no way to get so mutch audience from gamers, with so many fps/strategy/other racing heavy advertised games  :P
new sim in town ? ping me !

passerBy

Quote from: vali_grad on May 18, 2017, 05:13:18 PM
personally I can compare the learning curve & experience of gp bikes with fsx
Rather, with DCS :)
FSX' physics is close to nonexistent... And when you go direct steering, it becomes "DCS with helicopters" (which is great, if you ask me)

Hawk

Quote from: vali_grad on May 18, 2017, 05:13:18 PM
No way !
The audience for motorcycle games is narrower than car games (sim & arcade together) .
To be honest gp bikes is the hardest to get confortable with compared to any games/sims to date .
personally I can compare the learning curve & experience of gp bikes with fsx, a lot of stuff to get into the game to have fun and a lot more settings to have a good run.
With every update the game is ironed out, crashes & bugs seem abolished... but no way to get so mutch audience from gamers, with so many fps/strategy/other racing heavy advertised games  :P

I'm not talking about the majority of the current audience Vali they are just Gameboys who want a quick fix and be able to jump on any bike and compete to win without any real training or practice; That soon becomes a bore and is not good to watch as a spectator.
What I'm talking about is a progressively sustainable user base and audience for realistic eSport bike events that will have a big future, and to compete well will take time in practicing the skills required to compete well; this is were the real future is for eSports. This is what will attract the sponsorship from the big companies in the future. :)

Put it this way: Who has the majority current market for Car Motorsport online racing? Do they have gamey physics or pander to the majority console boys? No.... Realism is what eSport needs not gimmicky physics...... I rest my case.  :P  :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on May 18, 2017, 07:53:33 PM
Put it this way: Who has the majority current market for Car Motorsport online racing? Do they have gamey physics or pander to the majority console boys? No.... Realism is what eSport needs not gimmicky physics...... I rest my case.  :P  :)
Put it this way: who has an official F1 license ?

matty0l215

What the games by Codies?

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE