• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:02:27 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Attempt At Custom Controller...

Started by uberslug, May 13, 2017, 01:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uberslug

I am starting with a triple clamp assembly from a CBR929RR. Head and fork tubes are carbon fiber. Spacers and steering bearings are 3D printed. I plan on using an hydraulic master cylinder to drive the front brake potentiometer. Will post more pictures as I make more progress.

Hawk

This will be very interesting to see how you progress with this and how well it will work, Uberslug.  ;) 8)

Is this something your doing as a one off personal project or something your planning to build and sell to others in the future?  :)

Good luck with this project mate.... I'll be following your progress closely.  ;)

Hawk.

teeds

vali_grad

they see carbon pattern they go crazy ! :o  ;D
bigger picture/sketch will be more appealing :P
new sim in town ? ping me !

passerBy

Why not act on a load cell instead of a pot with that master cylinder? Potentiometers are useless. At the very least magnetic resistance sensors are a great alternative.

h106frp

Hydraulic force and displacement pot wont work well together. You will need to use a pressure sensor (expensive) or load cell (which you can buy cheap)

matty0l215

what about a single pot break caliper (easily compatible with any break lever) with a load cell like people are suggesting. It could be mounted anywhere on the controller.

You may want to speak to DoubleDragonCC as he is guy when it comes to custom controllers! And he is even currently working on a hydraulic breaking system.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

P260 Vishay pot 4.45 from Leo Bodnar

Typical price for Tranducer 14.00

Doing tests right now for how transducer feels in gpb but problems with how to ship with brake fluid and not all people know how to bleed a brake unit

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

uberslug

I have added the handlebars and brake levers.

Here is my concept for the front brake potentiometer.

The red unit allows one to convert a cable clutch lever to a hydraulic lever. The barrel to the right houses a small progressive rate spring and the rod on the left pulls / pushes on a linear potentiometer. The lever should approximate what one gets on a game controller. I will eventually source a brake caliper and a compatible pressure transducer but I am still in the proof of concept stage.

doubledragoncc

Great work uber

I have a set of levers both with master cyliders for brake and clutch but my 100psi transducer is giving me problems, think I brike the membrane? I will let you know results as I test different transducers.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

uberslug

May 31, 2017, 09:17:41 PM #10 Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:12:30 AM by uberslug
Mock up of Shift Switches with Rear Set.

Rethought the brakes and picked up a couple of used CBR600RR Rear Brake Calipers and a Master Cylinder.

uberslug

Initial frame layout using old 8020 extrusion I found in the garage.

Lean and steering.

poumpouny

wow,  :o, so it will work with counter steering ? have 2 differente rotation axes for leaning and steering ?, wow  :o

tchemi

Uberslug,
You ever have too much money, too much spare time or too much arms  ;D

Very interesting build anyway !

davidboda46

Nice work man. Can't wait to see the end product.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"