• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:26:43 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

TT game announced...

Started by davidboda46, April 14, 2016, 08:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vali_grad

just look at the bike/rider shadow.... postprocess filters always show a poor quality game overall, don't bring physics in the discussion :))
new sim in town ? ping me !

TFC

This isn't the one they laser scanned is it?.. If so did they get their laser scanner from FastTech? ;D

HornetMaX

Hmm, yeah some effects are way overblown (as usual in recent games), yes there are some details a bit off compared to reality and yes, unless proven wrong, I don't expect anything good physics-wise.

But visually I have little doubt it will look way better than GPB. Most of the visual issues (bloom, shininess, flare, hdr, colors) could probably be fixed in no time.
I see good vegetation (unlike GPB X-shaped trees), nice fences (irregular in shape), nice details overall ...

We will probably be able to laugh at physics, but mocking the visuals sounds a bit like the fox and the grapes ...

Warlock

It surely has a good base to work with, but man, they didn't taken advantage of it.

Quote from: Boerenlater on May 31, 2017, 10:31:56 AM
Looks like they put a road onto a Witcher 3 screeshot :P
Indeed, it looks everything except realistic. It's only missing some gnomes and fairies   ;D

Quote from: TheFatController on May 31, 2017, 05:04:45 PM
This isn't the one they laser scanned is it?.. If so did they get their laser scanner from FastTech? ;D
lol , yeah a chinese one
Check the asphalt texture size compared to the bike, it uses gravel of the size of an egg, or the bike is way out of scale

PiBoSo

June 01, 2017, 08:30:00 AM #34 Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:32:17 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: HornetMaX on May 31, 2017, 06:50:46 PM
Hmm, yeah some effects are way overblown (as usual in recent games), yes there are some details a bit off compared to reality and yes, unless proven wrong, I don't expect anything good physics-wise.

But visually I have little doubt it will look way better than GPB. Most of the visual issues (bloom, shininess, flare, hdr, colors) could probably be fixed in no time.
I see good vegetation (unlike GPB X-shaped trees), nice fences (irregular in shape), nice details overall ...

We will probably be able to laugh at physics, but mocking the visuals sounds a bit like the fox and the grapes ...

Criticizing GPB's graphics engine is like beating a dead horse.
However, no one here compared GPB to the TT game ( except you ). Also, the fact that the TT game has better graphics doesn't mean it cannot be discussed.
Graphics aside, the main problem of this game seems to be track accuracy. Which is no surprise. Anyone who ever tried a 1:1 replica of a road track knows how it feels to sim-ride at an average speed of 200km/h between two very close walls. It's an experience surely not suited for a mass market game. This is why, probably, they didn't even bother laser-scanning the Mountain Course. It would have been of little use, if the track model needs to be deformed for gameplay reasons.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Blackheart

Its an other console game, imo the TT graphics in this shot is just ugly, I prefer an old engine without effects at this shit. GPB with some real time reflections, realistic lights/shadows and some better animations will be just great, anyway we aren't here for the graphics.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 01, 2017, 08:30:00 AM
Criticizing GPB's graphics engine is like beating a dead horse.
Half-dead :)
However, no one here compared GPB to the TT game ( except you ).
Oh come on ...

Graphics aside, the main problem of this game seems to be track accuracy. Which is no surprise. Anyone who ever tried a 1:1 replica of a road track knows how it feels to sim-ride at an average speed of 200km/h between two very close walls. It's an experience surely not suited for a mass market game. This is why, probably, they didn't even bother laser-scanning the Mountain Course. It would have been of little use, if the track model needs to be deformed for gameplay reasons.
Totally valid point. So let's bash it for that instead of for "unrealistic colors" or "too much flare".

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 01, 2017, 08:50:59 AM
Totally valid point. So let's bash it for that instead of for "unrealistic colors" or "too much flare".

Why?
The unrealistic and over-the-top effects are an integral part of the package, and they definitely deserve a good bashing.
The graphics is not just cosmetic. It sets the tone for the whole design. For example, it makes you wonder if they will include pitstops, or sidecars.

matty0l215

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 01, 2017, 08:59:49 AM
Why?
The unrealistic and over-the-top effects are an integral part of the package, and they definitely deserve a good bashing.
The graphics is not just cosmetic. It sets the tone for the whole design. For example, it makes you wonder if they will include pitstops, or sidecars.

Yours for only €9.99 as a day one DLC probably ;D

Theres been a bit of talk about the solos but nothing about the sidecars so maybe they wont be imcluded... they're goning to miss a trick if they dont include them...
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 01, 2017, 08:50:59 AM

Why?
The graphics is not just cosmetic. It sets the tone for the whole design.
Playing devil's advocate here, I could say that a TTIoM (or Ride2) fan could say the same about GPB.
I'm definitely not a fan of the exaggerated visual effects (bloom, flare, dof, motion blur), but saying "look, too much flare and wrong colors" is a bit like having a Hornet and telling the guy with the R1 that his under-seat compartment is smaller.

And I had a Hornet for quite a while (but no R1) :)

For example, it makes you wonder if they will include pitstops, or sidecars.
I don't see how the screenshot could possibly give you any clue about that.

Anyway, I guess we're all kind of sure here the game will most likely be crap overall (at least for people that enjoy GPB), no big news.
It just feels weird to see you in despair when TTIoM is announced and then totally relieved when a bad-looking screenshot is posted.

But if it gives you extra-stamina to finish that bloody KRP list of misc release tasks, then let's have more TTIoM screenshot posted :o)

PiBoSo

June 01, 2017, 09:52:00 AM #40 Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:01:09 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 01, 2017, 09:32:08 AM
I don't see how the screenshot could possibly give you any clue about that.

Again, graphics is not just cosmetic. It sets the tone for the whole project. It is extremely unlikely to have a good, realistic game when the art is so cartoonish. A realistic graphics, while no guarantee, would have at least indicated that they were trying.
You keep putting GPB in the mix, but it's like apples and oranges. Nonetheless... If the GPB graphics is giving away something, it is: "there are no time and resources to dedicate to visuals, because the whole focus is on the simulation, at least for now"  :)

P.S.
Those screenshots are not a relief. They were pretty much expected, given Kylotonn track record.
Kylotonn is not a competitor, so no despair either.
Just discussing a much anticipated TT game like any other motorcycle enthusiast  :)

Stout Johnson

June 01, 2017, 11:31:37 AM #41 Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:48:53 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: PiBoSo on June 01, 2017, 09:52:00 AM
Again, graphics is not just cosmetic. It sets the tone for the whole project. It is extremely unlikely to have a good, realistic game when the art is so cartoonish. A realistic graphics, while no guarantee, would have at least indicated that they were trying.
You probably won't like the way I 'twist' your words. You are correct that the graphics for a project somehow set the tone for a project, they are to some degree the billboard for the project. That is why you should also try to maximize what is coming from your engine (I think that your graphics are quite ok when put to the maximum): Use great textures only, take advantage of good lighting/shadows (especially on cloudy conditions the lighting in your game looks really dull (unrealistically dull) - in real life I still have more vivid colors and better shadows even if the sun is not beaming away), make some post-processing/filters available (to be manually adjustable for the user according to taste), allow for some focal distance processing for replay cameras which would make it more realistic as TV cameras nowadays make use of this stuff and last but not least make for some nice TV style presentation (TV presentation cameras, good TV overlays,...) - this all would add exceptionally to the immersion and would create the illusion of real-life racing events.

Because eventually that's why we play your sims - to have the illusion of really being part of a practice, race etc. And next to the physics, the presentation of the event in a way we see realistic events on TV adds exceptionally to the immersion. And at the moment your sims lack much of this. And new customers could probably think similar to what you stated (I quote again):
Again, graphics is not just cosmetic. It sets the tone for the whole project. It is extremely unlikely to have a good, realistic game when the art is so cartoonish dull. A realistic graphics, while no guarantee, would have at least indicated that they were trying.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

vali_grad

June 01, 2017, 02:46:18 PM #42 Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 02:55:17 PM by vali_grad
is this post turning into a rant towards GP graphics ? :))
how many years Sector3 Studios/Simbin (RaceRoom , gTR, race 07  creator) used mediocre graphics but nice physics ? about 12 ? until games like AC, PC, etc came along with decent to awesome graphs
I came here for a sim (that has no substitute to date), that looks better from the past and right now has real issues regarding other stuff than visuals :P
if you still like NFS series, buy that TT  ;D   {https://youtu.be/ePpPVE-GGJw?t=1m41s}

AC for car sim, DCS for plane sim, GP for bike sim  8)

PiBoSo, hammer that code until in cuts thru wood ! :))
new sim in town ? ping me !

Stout Johnson

nobody ranting... just giving constructive criticism.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

CapeDoctor

just to throw a dose of reality into the mix.... some great new TT footage  8)

https://www.youtube.com/v/v1fwCQi6Vag