• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:32:22 PM

[RACE 4]Laguna Seca V0.9_NDS

Started by doubledragoncc, May 31, 2017, 10:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

RACE 4

Laguna Seca V0.9_NDS

Practice Starts 20.00    30mins
Quallification   20.30     25mins
Warmup          20.55     5mins
Race Starts     21.00     20 Laps

1 servers will run Do NOT give out your password to others. Thank you

Servers will be restarted at 19.45 so they are fresh and hope to reduce core issues
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Syd

Server working fine DD. No problems, although only 2 riders this evening till now.

Become dust

Quote from: Syd on May 31, 2017, 07:33:32 PM
Server working fine DD. No problems, although only 2 riders this evening till now.

one of them is not even a contender :3

LOOPATELI

Blackheart

I wanna try as wildcard, its possible?

Warlock

Quote from: LOOPATELI on May 31, 2017, 10:19:07 PM
I have to work this sunday :(

Yeah things like this can happen and Davide seems very happy for the points hahahahah ;D , bad boy  ;D

Thinking of this, maybe is a good idea to remove 1 or 2 of the worst results of the championship, so it's more fair if someone can't join a server for any reason, cored, or have to work like in this case.
Just a thought

doubledragoncc

Password PM'd to you Blacky

Not quite sure what you mean Warlock but wish to be as fair as pos. It is mainly for fun anyways lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

CapeDoctor

i'll be there sunday - that's as long as my ping doesn't upset the apple cart too much.   :P
if it does, then i'm thinking of hosting a local server, as we are a few more south african dudes here now, so we could race together without any serious hiccups.

Warlock

I mean once the championship is finished, to count the total points of each, remove 1 or 2 of the worst results of each rider. They will probably be, a disqualified, did not start , or did not finish ones.
So if in case you can't join a race or two during the championship won't ruin you whole championship points count.

Hawk

June 01, 2017, 03:02:49 PM #10 Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:57:17 PM by Hawk
Quote from: Warlock on June 01, 2017, 01:39:09 PM
I mean once the championship is finished, to count the total points of each, remove 1 or 2 of the worst results of each rider. They will probably be, a disqualified, did not start , or did not finish ones.
So if in case you can't join a race or two during the championship won't ruin you whole championship points count.

That would actually be unfair Warlock:
Take a rider who has participated in all races and won points in every race resulting in that rider winning the Champs; then your idea comes along and in effect disqualifies him from 1 or 2 races by deleting 1 or 2 of his worst results which could easily lead to that rider not winning the Champs if he's only won it by a point or so..... That would certainly not be fair Warlock.
If people cannot attend all races, no matter what the excuse, it's their problem not a problem other competitors or the organiser's should have to try and accommodate for. It's just part of a championship, the same as in real life if a rider gets injured and they cannot race in a couple of events.... It's just tuff luck I say.  :P :)

Hawk.
PS: It's the same with allowing so called "Wild-Cards" into an on-going championship event; that is unfair too other riders who maybe would've got those points that the wildcard rider has taken. If your running an on-going championship event then no other riders other than those registered at the start of the champs should be able to take part.

If wildcard riders are allowed to take part, then wildcard riders should not be awarded any points at all, but you also have the issue if a wildcard rider takes a championship rider out of the race.... Get's controversial doesn't it. Lol...... Best just to stick with the initial registered riders for a champs event in my opinion. :)

tchemi

Agree with Hawk, especially because there is no benefits as IRL

But hey, it's just a fun championship, nothing too formal I think.

Hawk

Quote from: tchemi on June 01, 2017, 04:00:26 PM
Agree with Hawk, especially because there is no benefits as IRL

But hey, it's just a fun championship, nothing too formal I think.

I totally agree about keeping the "fun aspect", but if you start introducing elements that will totally make the Championship concept a nonsense then what is the point of a championship at all? You know what I mean?  :)
So yeah.... Let's keep it fun, but the rules must also be applied to keep things running smoothly, in my opinion.  :)

Hawk.

LOOPATELI

If there are wildcards in mgp and they get points, why not here?

Syd

Quote from: Warlock on June 01, 2017, 01:39:09 PM

I like this idea (as it would benefit me!) but to be fair, this is something that should have been in the rules / race format before the championship started. It wasn't, so shouldn't now apply, unless DD and all contenders now agree to it. It is supposed to be a fun series, but I can see a lot of seriousness when it comes to points (which is understandable). Actually the current problems with GP bikes make a mockery of any serious championship, so maybe we should try to concentrate on the fun aspect for now, until His Lordship finally fixes it.