• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:03:38 PM

Telemetry software ?

Started by HornetMaX, February 17, 2014, 09:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Hi Piboso,

we used to have random's Telemetry Analysis software and it was good enough for our needs. But random is no longer here and his work is now useless, as no longer compatible with beta4 and future releases.

I think I've read on KRP forums that you were discussing possible alliances with some pro-grade telemetry analysis makers. Any news on that ?

I'm tempted to start something in terms of telemetry analysis but my dev skills are surely not enough to obtain something half-decent.
I started something in Python, but it's very limited in terms of features and a real mess to package and distribute.

MaX.

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 17, 2014, 09:59:24 AM
Hi Piboso,

we used to have random's Telemetry Analysis software and it was good enough for our needs. But random is no longer here and his work is now useless, as no longer compatible with beta4 and future releases.

I think I've read on KRP forums that you were discussing possible alliances with some pro-grade telemetry analysis makers. Any news on that ?

I'm tempted to start something in terms of telemetry analysis but my dev skills are surely not enough to obtain something half-decent.
I started something in Python, but it's very limited in terms of features and a real mess to package and distribute.

MaX.

At the moment unfortunately there is no company interested in a collaboration for the telemetry software.
If anyone knows the file format of a telemetry analysis software, please share it.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 17, 2014, 10:09:12 PM
At the moment unfortunately there is no company interested in a collaboration for the telemetry software.
Not surprisingly, I'd say. They'll surely want to gain something for it, so it's a bit hard for KRP and totally impossible for GPB/WRS.

If anyone knows the file format of a telemetry analysis software, please share it.
I tried to search around but I came up empty handed  :-\

Only thing I've seen is that iRacing has a partnership with McLaren Electronic Systems allowing to use ATLAS (http://www.virtualr.net/iracing-com-atlas-telemetry-now-available).
We'd be happy with much much less (honestly, ATLAS is probably overshooting it by a mile, even for iRacing).

MaX.

P.S.
I'm starting to have a look at wxWidgets to create something from scratch but, to be honest, it's a PITA.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 17, 2014, 10:16:46 PM
Not surprisingly, I'd say. They'll surely want to gain something for it, so it's a bit hard for KRP and totally impossible for GPB/WRS.

Only thing I've seen is that iRacing has a partnership with McLaren Electronic Systems allowing to use ATLAS (http://www.virtualr.net/iracing-com-atlas-telemetry-now-available).
We'd be happy with much much less (honestly, ATLAS is probably overshooting it by a mile, even for iRacing).

MaX.

P.S.
I'm starting to have a look at wxWidgets to create something from scratch but, to be honest, it's a PITA.

I think they use a plugin in rfactor for the Motech telemetry system... Just wondering if it might be possible to incorporate Motech telemetry capture into Gp Bikes like it is in rfactor? Must be something or someone in the rFactor/2 forums that might be of help with this?

Just a thought. ;)

Klax75

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 17, 2014, 10:16:46 PM

I race at iRacing.com also and have downloaded ATLAS on my other computer but that was a while ago. And I wasn't sure what I was doing. lol

MaX.

P.S.

C21

Motec is working fine for rfactor, GTR Evo, Race07.
I don´t know if Motec was paid for the implementation but i bet they get a good amount... ;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on February 18, 2014, 07:28:17 AM
Motec is working fine for rfactor, GTR Evo, Race07.
I don´t know if Motec was paid for the implementation but i bet they get a good amount... ;)
From what I've seen it seems Motec does not want this to happen, but people have done it anyway and Motec can't do a lot about it.

If anybody here could get in touch with the guys that coded the "plugins" to write out Motec files from any game and ask them if they are willing to share the Motec file format with us (*), then  we may have a chance.

(*) us may mean .. .well, me :) as I doubt Piboso would like to implement this officially, given that Motec does not explicitly authorize it.

MaX.

Nibble

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 17, 2014, 09:59:24 AM
Hi Piboso,

MaX.

Hi all, I accidentally found this thread while I was looking for documentation regarding telemetry data output from game, I see that thread is pretty old, but reason I'm bringing it from dead is that I have some good news regarding this problem.

Im the software developer for Rexing, which is company specialized in high end sim racing products. Currently I'm in phase of developing telemetry analysis software which will be both used in real and sim racing.

It should have all the common features like the competitors(gauges, graphs, histogram, track map, video preview, etc.)
I attached picture which is preview how software should look.

It will be included in our pro software package, and also it will be sold individually.

If you are interested here is preview of pro software capabilities:
http://rexing.eu/pro-software-is-around-the-corner/

Regards

HornetMaX

Hi Nibble,you may want to have a look at that: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1151.0

Not pro grade stuff, but ...

Nibble

Hi HornetMaX,

it looks interesting, but our package will be one step further. We take input for real world racing to bring it to the sim market.

HornetMaX