• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:43:20 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP250cc BikeMod [Beta 12b]

Started by Jose Reina, March 03, 2017, 10:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meyer#12

Quote from: Blackheart on June 05, 2017, 06:18:14 PM
Quote from: LOOPATELI on June 05, 2017, 04:48:39 PM
Ok i?ll check offtrack grips too. In the last update, I use the ones that Caws team uses in all their mods as a standard, wich I think it's a good idea that all mods behaves the same off track

Lol why CAWS standard? The more correct out track grip is the IMT standard and nope we dont change it with a bad one  ;D ;D ;D

Well nobody said it HAD to be CAWS but something that works on most tracks and is posibble to get back to track with.

Nobody call your stuff bad so why all of a sudden the attack on us?? A little childish huh?
Meyer#12

Blackheart

Quote from: Meyer#12 on June 05, 2017, 06:21:23 PM
Well nobody said it HAD to be CAWS but something that works on most tracks and is posibble to get back to track with.

Nobody call your stuff bad so why all of a sudden the attack on us?? A little childish huh?

;D

I said use a wrong standard (from Piboso or CAWS not care) for any mods its a bullshit imo, not childish shit its the truth.

P.S. Nope the caws attack the IMT in several thread I never attacked nobody for a mod, and sure not here... Read better...

Meyer#12

Quote from: Blackheart on June 05, 2017, 06:30:38 PM
Quote from: Meyer#12 on June 05, 2017, 06:21:23 PM

;D

I said use a wrong standard (from Piboso or CAWS not care) for any mods its a bullshit imo, not childish shit its the truth.

P.S. Nope the caws attack the IMT in several thread I never attacked nobody for a mod, and sure not here... Read better...

You only mentioned CAWS and bad one, so i don't see how i can read wrong.

Anyways, i guess a misunderstandinng. Enjoy your evening
Meyer#12

LOOPATELI

June 05, 2017, 06:49:52 PM #138 Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 06:54:57 PM by LOOPATELI
I didn't say CAWS off track standard is THE ONE. I'm just saying that is good for everyone if all modders use the same off track grip so riders know what to spect off track.

I don't care if that standard is the ones by CAWS, the one by IMT, Piboso or whatever. I care just to have a standard (But I think we all never going to agree even with a simple thing like this)

Blackheart

June 05, 2017, 06:57:57 PM #139 Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 07:00:56 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: LOOPATELI on June 05, 2017, 06:49:52 PM
I didn't say CAWS off track standard is THE ONE. I'm just saying that is good for everyone if all modders use the same off track grip soy they know what to spect off track.

I don't care if that standard is the ones by CAWS, the one by IMT, Piboso or whatever. I care just to have a standard (But I think we all never going to agree even with a simple thing like this)

Imo not need a standard, (because all tires are different) just check the right grip for your bikes on all surfaces, we done in this way, if you can't back on the track, online its a nightmare. (You and Davide are ever on the track so maybe you dont have checked well this ;D)

With the "new" reset by Piboso, a little more grip on the bad surfaces is fair.  I dont speak about unrealistic grips obviously.

LOOPATELI

we'll check it for the next update, that's sure  ;D ;D

tchemi

Personnaly I think that every bike has an horrible grip in the sand. Sandpits are made to stop vehicules quickly. In GPB, if you go straight in the sand and manage to keep the bike up, you will go straight in the tyres wall without loosing that much speed.

Blackheart

June 06, 2017, 11:05:55 AM #142 Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 11:21:07 AM by Blackheart
Quote from: tchemi on June 06, 2017, 10:28:27 AM
Personnaly I think that every bike has an horrible grip in the sand. Sandpits are made to stop vehicules quickly. In GPB, if you go straight in the sand and manage to keep the bike up, you will go straight in the tyres wall without loosing that much speed.

Grip and bad simulation of the sand surface are 2 different things... modders can't do nothing about the second one.

EDIT: Bike modders*

h106frp

+1 Sand/Gravel traps should not really be a 'low grip' surface. The surface is loose and is just thrown out by the grippy tyre producing no traction and should sink the bike into the gravel to retard motion.

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on June 06, 2017, 11:21:09 AM

+1 Sand/Gravel traps should not really be a 'low grip' surface. The surface is loose and is just thrown out by the grippy tyre producing no traction and should sink the bike into the gravel to retard motion.

But you'd need MXB's tyre model for that (and still, it seems that it's not totally satisfactory on loose sand/gravel).

Any modder has ever tried to create a sandpit that is not flat ? Something bumpy and irregular .... it may not behave like a real sandpit but maybe it could make the bike stop sooner.

matty0l215

In GPB i think this would just shoot the rider off the bike. Its very dificult to control small bumps especially when trying to also break.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on June 06, 2017, 11:38:18 AM
In GPB i think this would just shoot the rider off the bike. Its very dificult to control small bumps especially when trying to also break.
It it throws the rider off and it also makes the bike fall, that's OK for me :)

Hawk

Track modders have no say in how the "Sand" traps work; surfaces are simple definitions only and cannot be altered by a track modder. But the Bike Modders could start testing with the resistance to the tyre that a "Sand" surface represents to the bike tyres when a bike enters the sand traps. Would be an interesting test.  :)

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 06, 2017, 11:35:22 AM
Quote from: h106frp on June 06, 2017, 11:21:09 AM

But you'd need MXB's tyre model for that (and still, it seems that it's not totally satisfactory on loose sand/gravel).

Any modder has ever tried to create a sandpit that is not flat ? Something bumpy and irregular .... it may not behave like a real sandpit but maybe it could make the bike stop sooner.

Try Laguna Seca... It's one big sandpit. Lol  ;D

Hawk.

tchemi

Quote from: Hawk on June 06, 2017, 01:09:43 PM
Track modders have no say in how the "Sand" traps work; surfaces are simple definitions only and cannot be altered by a track modder. But the Bike Modders could start testing with the resistance to the tyre that a "Sand" surface represents to the bike tyres when a bike enters the sand traps. Would be an interesting test.  :)

Hawk.

Yep ! @Blackheart, You are totally right, grip and behaviour in the sand are two different things. I didn't knew about the tyre 'resistance' or gravity or anything that can retain the bike. But yes, it could be I good thing to test. Also, I think matty is right, bumps aren't a good solution imo.

Do you think we could start a new thread in the designated section to continue this discussion ?